OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas everybody! I have an unfortunately timed new problem with my Gateway card and original 3DS. I wanted to use the newly released 3.6.0 Gateway firmware that just came out, so I installed everything like I do with every GW update. But now when I try to click the "BOOT GATEWAY MODE" button I get a screen that says "No Gateway 3DS card found!". I have a legit Gateway card, it was working flawlessly from GW firmware 1 to 3.4 so I have no idea what happened. I DID skip the 3.5 and 3.5.1 firmwares, so I tried to go back and install 3.5.1 but that gave me the same message. Does anybody have any idea what's going on here? I really appreciate any help or ideas!

D

Deleted User

Had that happen to me before too. Had to clean the contacts of the card slot by wiping and blowing a bit on the card pins. Then it worked fine

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Merry Christmas everybody! I have an unfortunately timed new problem with my Gateway card and original 3DS. I wanted to use the newly released 3.6.0 Gateway firmware that just came out, so I installed everything like I do with every GW update. But now when I try to click the "BOOT GATEWAY MODE" button I get a screen that says "No Gateway 3DS card found!". I have a legit Gateway card, it was working flawlessly from GW firmware 1 to 3.4 so I have no idea what happened. I DID skip the 3.5 and 3.5.1 firmwares, so I tried to go back and install 3.5.1 but that gave me the same message. Does anybody have any idea what's going on here? I really appreciate any help or ideas!

Had the same issue yesterday. Fixed by cleaning a bit.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
90% alcohol would be good for cleaning the pins on the cart and maybe get some condensed air or a q-tip with alcohol and clean the inside of your 3DS game slot.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

yokomoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everybody! You really helped me out! I blew on the Gateway card contacts and wiped them, I blew in it's microSD slot also and now it's working, woohoo! json, royant1 and Xenon Hacks, you guys are awesome! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

DaOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blowing on game slots and cartridges works. Had experience as a kid with the NES cartridge. Yet people say it doesn't work, I laugh at them now.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blowing on game slots and cartridges works. Had experience as a kid with the NES cartridge. Yet people say it doesn't work, I laugh at them now.
It does work but you should never do it you're adding condensation to bridge the connection but if there is too much you can short something or over time cause something to rust / corrode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30