No find system files? Plz help!!

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by bionic88, Jan 20, 2013.

Jan 20, 2013
  1. bionic88
    OP

Newcomer bionic88 Newbie

United States
    I just got my DSTWO card yesterday and I keep getting the same error message on my 3DS XL. Ive reformatted 2 different micro sd cards and it still doesnt work. The only thing that I cant do is use another regular ds system that hasnt been updated to apply an update. Is that what is causing the issue or could it be something else? Im a noob at this so plz help!!

2. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    When you formatted the microSD's did you use the Panasonic SDFormatter?

3. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    do you have the right system files on the SD card

thsi is NOT the update, it the SYSTEM FILES (EOS files i think)

4. bionic88
    OP

Newcomer bionic88 Newbie

United States
    I believe ive got all the right files here are some screenshots of how my card is set up from the root screen and i used SDFormatter on my cards

Attached Files:

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DSTWO_v1.11 whatever folder, you have to put the CONTENTS of it on the MicroSD, not the folder itself.

6. bionic88
    OP

Newcomer bionic88 Newbie

United States
    i put all those files into that one folder and that didnt work either

7. Nebuleon

Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Canada
    This. Such that the folder you extract to the root is called _dstwo. You should have _dstwo and _dstwoplug right next to each other. The "chs" and "eng" folders are also odd; they shouldn't be in the root. Methinks you would do well to read the Supercard DSTwo setup thread from the beginning after erasing the files from your card.

And if I may make a tangential suggestion: You could download an improved version of the SNES emulator that some people on GBATemp have worked on, called CATSFC.

Rydian likes this.
  8. bionic88
    OP

Newcomer bionic88 Newbie

United States
    does anybody have a screenshot of how theirs looks so i can make sure im doin this right, i followed the set up guide and i still get the same error message "No Find System Files". I saw on one website were someone had to use a ds lite to apply an update for it to work on a 3ds but i dont have access to one so could that be the issue?

9. Nebuleon

Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Canada
    Card setup

Essential folders are _dstwo and _dstwoplug; the file ds2boot.dat is essential. You'll need to have dstwoupdate.dat for the first run, though it will disappear after the update and you won't need it until the next actual update (after 1.19). Other folders will be required by whatever you choose to download. In my card setup, that's CATSFC for CATSFC, NDSGBA for NDSGBA, moonshl2 for MoonShell v2, iReader for iReader, and data for the DS homebrew application DSFTP.