Hacking Question "no applications could be found on the sd card."

theMille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have most of the nro's in the /root/switch/ folder such as retroarch diff ones, even tetris homebrew, but still after loading hbmenu 2.0 i get ""no applications could be found on the sd card."" any ideas? :/

A

a9lh-1user

Last edited by ,

theMille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just trying to rule things out.
How big is the sd card?
Have you tried another card?
128gb samsung pro :/ i did a quick fat32 format and switch said couldnt use it on startup, so im doing a low level fat32 format but that's 3 1/2 hours from now, so if anyone has any other ideas.

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
128gb samsung pro :/ i did a quick fat32 format and switch said couldnt use it on startup, so im doing a low level fat32 format but that's 3 1/2 hours from now, so if anyone has any other ideas.

No need to low level fat32 format it. Your card won't be recognized by the switch unless your switch has the exfat update, which it obviously does not. Just use windows format to format it to fat32, should work fine, it has for hundreds if not thousands of others...

theMille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to low level fat32 format it. Your card won't be recognized by the switch unless your switch has the exfat update, which it obviously does not. Just use windows format to format it to fat32, should work fine, it has for hundreds if not thousands of others...
It was exFAT before I started format to FAT32 and switch used it just fine. :/

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This exact same thing happened to me bro. What you have to do is copy all your files on the SD card and put it in a folder on your PC. Format the SD with formatgui, just default settings. After, copy files back over and it should work :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Windows won't make FAT32 partitions larger than 32GB, he needs to use another tool such as guiformat or Minitool Partition Wizard.

Reactions: Quantumcat

theMille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well it seems you should be able to solve all this on your own then, shouldn't be too hard to figure out, I'm not even sure why you're asking for help?

the switch used it fine, not HBMenu, ive got another sd on order, ill try again when it gets here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i found a smaller 32gb my wife gave me, guiformatted, default settings, copied over my directory, inserted in switch then.......

Error Code: 2016-0247
"Unable to access microSD card."

Sooooooooooo my switch doesnt like FAT32? o.O

sigh

tried formatting fat32 using windows format ... nope, same error, so i disk part cleaned, inserted and formatted via switch...
launched hbmenu 2 again...

NO APPLICATIONS FOUND ON THE SD CARD >.<

IM GOING CRAZY!

edit: oh and apparently it is now fat32 formatted via the switches format and reads it just fine, and yeah nro's are in /switch/ and i'm lost/mentally insane now :(

Last edited by theMille,

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
screen shot of the folder structure?

If you're getting to hbmenu, it's reading the hbmenu.nro correctly off the SD card. So that should leave only the folder structure and the actual .nro files that you're using as potential problems.

It should look like:
sd:/hbmenu.nro
sd:/switch/app1.nro
sd:/switch/app2.nro
sd:/switch/folder/app3.nro

You also might be able to just rename another nro to hbmenu.nro and replace hbmenu with it. Then using the web exploit should launch it.

Reactions: theMille

theMille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screen shot of the folder structure?

If you're getting to hbmenu, it's reading the hbmenu.nro correctly off the SD card. So that should leave only the folder structure and the actual .nro files that you're using as potential problems.

It should look like:
sd:/hbmenu.nro
sd:/switch/app1.nro
sd:/switch/app2.nro
sd:/switch/folder/app3.nro

You also might be able to just rename another nro to hbmenu.nro and replace hbmenu with it. Then using the web exploit should launch it.
yeah thats how i had my folder/stuffs like, i guess ill try the renaming snes emu to hbmenu as that's all i really want :-p

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats how i had my folder/stuffs like, i guess ill try the renaming snes emu to hbmenu as that's all i really want :-p
Not sure if you saw this, but please try it, it worked for me.
This exact same thing happened to me bro. What you have to do is copy all your files on the SD card and put it in a folder on your PC. Format the SD with guiformat, just default settings. After, copy files back over and it should work :)

Reactions: PacPera

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
    D @ dadadad: Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?