Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Demonbart said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ZenZero said:
This is Pretty Stupid tbh,

The DS is Region Free! so those who were gonna but it legally can just import it anyway,

besides, this is only in parts of Europe, not the whole continent as the title makes out,

Except a lot of Europe doesn't speak English. France, German, Spanish, etc translations would be a big reason why people would want it. Not to mention importing it isn't as cheap as just buying it (well, I know EU prices are usually more than US ones, but I'm sure sites would jack up the price for imports).
Only shitty games get a Dutch translation.
Fixed.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
Hadrian said:
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=114801
I'll add this to the first porst, okay?

QUOTE(isabelyes @ Feb 18 2010, 08:14 PM) Now this is something that REALLY makes me angry:

In the link, someone said (translated):

F*ck piracy.
I'm getting sick of that shit.
People that download games are sad
Go work for your games!

Something like that.
And THIS is his NDS backloggery:

His backloggery

...Seriously.

Hmmm Hypocrite much?

At least I'm not saying that Piracy sucks etc.
I'm not talking about the fact he's (apparently) pirated lots of games, I'm talking about the fact that he's saying piracy is bad.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
Capcom:

Make a PC version of a possible XBOX 360 exclusives, but choose to NOT release a game for DS for piracy reasons...

SENSE

You can get this, I just used words "Game" and "on PC" - you know what that means people.

(By the way, ironically I buy almost all my PC games...)
Awhile back, Capcom announced that all new numbered entries in the Resident Evil series would be exclusive to Nintendo consoles. RE4 for the GameCube rolled around, and even has a sticker on the cover that says "Only on Nintendo GameCube". What happened shortly after? RE4 on the PS2 (with more features), RE4 on the PC, and RE4 Wii. None of the versions of RE5 are on a Nintendo console. What has Nintendo been getting? Crappy on-rails shooters. Fun, yet insanely repetitive, and the file "rewards" and subtitles look like they were edited by a retarded chimp.

Capcom rarely makes any sense. If they can't milk it to death, they likely won't bother.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
isabelyes said:
*snippy*
I'm not talking about the fact he's (apparently) pirated lots of games, I'm talking about the fact that he's saying piracy is bad.
Well, that's what I meant, he's a hypocrite. Sorry for being unclear.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think more about the ds being dead and a rumor about a next gen console and the piracy ,made them think theere arent many people and we also hate those pirates we are going not to make any profit are we?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
What also bugs me is that people who don't know shit about flashcarts usually think R4 is the only flashcart.

and lets keep it that way
smileipb2.png

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they stopped giving us European people, the game 2 years after it arrives in US. Maybe we'd stop pirate it and actually buy the damn thing before they have the time to release 2 new consoles\handelds, and there's already a 5th game in the series... -.-

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well, i think capcom made a mistake...
why don't they just put an AP for its game (AP that is more harder to crack)
?
any suggestions?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Taik said:
LOL AAI was released today in Europe (France at least) and it isn't even translated WTF
Man, the French are fucking spoiled, in Holland, only shitty games get a Dutch translation. Not that I care much since the English language is far superior to Dutch, but I'd be surprised if a good game actually got a dutch translation (and no I don't count Prof. Layton as good, IMO it's just some puzzles with touch screen gimmicks.

Zane said:
If they stopped giving us European people, the game 2 years after it arrives in US. Maybe we'd stop pirate it and actually buy the damn thing before they have the time to release 2 new consoles\handelds, and there's already a 5th game in the series... -.-
How true, equal release dates would decrease piracy by a LOT.

QUOTE(Tropicana @ Feb 20 2010, 08:26 AM)
Man, I really feel terrible for you guys over at Europe. You guys never get anything good or always get them a year after the North American release
sad.gif
Thanks for your compassion
wink.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, the comment about only shitty games getting Dutch, In finland... NOTHING really is translated, unless it is sony what thinks finland needs Finnish all of sudden and almost all PS3 titles are translated.

Kinda sorry there since we already are trained to need english with games so we actually do not need it that much anymore.

ONLY Finnish DS title is scribblenauts, what because of it's glossary is logical, but some words are bit broken in it (A "devil" would be "small devil")

Also, released in Europe alread?

By the way, couldn't it be actually just US release? I remember one small game shop in finland selling US imports of apollo justice and Phoenix Wright 3 before they had actual release.

What is REALLY funny is that Phoenix wright 3 was released in europe AFTER apollo justice. NOW THAT'S EFFED UP.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
isabelyes said:
*snippy*
Well, that's what I meant, he's a hypocrite. Sorry for being unclear.

Ah, that's alright then.

offtopic: Are there any characters returning from AJ?
Because I've almost finished T&T, but I don't know if I should start Invetigetions afterwards, or AJ.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bet the dutch distributor has connections with that bloody "brein" organisation.
those ........ have convinced the government that there should be a "piracy" tax on everything that is able to cary software of any sort from micro SD's, DVD's, HD and even mp3 players.
They say they are here to stop piracy and to give singers and such their money (they even .... that up becaus they have yet to pay 40 milion Euro to the dutch singers and such).

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DCG said:
I bet the dutch distributor has connections with that bloody "brein" organisation.
those ........ have convinced the government that there should be a "piracy" tax on everything that is able to cary software of any sort from micro SD's, DVD's, HD and even mp3 players.
They say they are here to stop piracy and to give singers and such their money (they even .... that up becaus they have yet to pay 40 milion Euro to the dutch singers and such).
Wouldn't suripriseme at all if BREIN is behind this, they suck major balls, and always think of the stupidest method to combat piracy.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DCG said:

So you mean people have to pay more for the stuff, to make up for the people that don't? That's just stupid.

The people that pirated the game, would probably never have bought it anyway. And if they did, good for the company and the tax becomes useless, other then to get even more cash.

If anything Piracy helps with 1 thing, you get to see if the game is worth your money or not, since most companies nowadays doesn't care about making people buy the game becasue they know their game sucks, and a demo would make people stay away from the game. ^^

/end rant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep