Homebrew Official nnu-patcher - a patcher to temporarily use the eShop

larry12

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really new to this sort of thing, could someone point me in the right direction please.
When the readme says webserver, is it referring to mongoose? I used that to get the kernel exploit working and did a little playing with nusgrabber and wupinstaller for some updates, but I'm not really sure where to begin with this.
The package from the main wii u guide includes an nnu-patcher folder. Do you place the files in there and run them by selecting the nnu-patcher option in mongoose from the wii u or something?
I'm probably just dumb.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've tried this and the shop is accessible but I can't download. I understand that I have to unblock the ip's from openDNS but how I'm supposed to prevent system update?

Also can we use this to update youtube app?

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i dont understand that also im not even going to bother trying untill i see what this new 5.5.0 iosu thing can do dont wanna mess up and update some how :o

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is anyone else having trouble downloading anything from the eShop today? I last used the patcher a few weeks ago, so I don't really know if anything's changed, but I'm trying to download Fast Racing NEO and it's stuck at "pending". It's the only item in the download queue, and I'm not using the TubeHax DNS (just to see).

Edit: Disregard this, hard rebooting the Wii U fixed it.

Last edited by daxtsu,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is anyone else having trouble downloading anything from the eShop today? I last used the patcher a few weeks ago, so I don't really know if anything's changed, but I'm trying to download Fast Racing NEO and it's stuck at "pending". It's the only item in the download queue, and I'm not using the TubeHax DNS (just to see).

Edit: Disregard this, hard rebooting the Wii U fixed it.
hard reboot always works since the wiiu will take its time before checking for updates we need someone to had to the OP hard reboot your wiiu after getting downloads on the download manager.

I've tried this and the shop is accessible but I can't download. I understand that I have to unblock the ip's from openDNS but how I'm supposed to prevent system update?

Also can we use this to update youtube app?
you use tubehax dns which block updates while frees e shop and if the youtube app is on e shop than yes if its kinda like a game update then probably needs the wup installer.

Reactions: stsaerox

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 5.4 spoofed to 5.5.1, is this supposed to work on 5.4 (the wupinstaller site indicates that it should)?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what's the proper process if you want to by something NEW from the eShop, not just trying to update something you already own (like you normally would through wupinstaller)?

Would you:
1. Kexploit
2. NNU patch
3. Enter eShop and make purchase
4. ??? (Temporarily unblock to download base game?)
*. If system update starts to download, don't let it finish and remove with partial update remover? But what if system update downloads before the thing you just purchased finishes downloading?
5. Reblock and download/install future game updates through NUSgrabber/wupinstaller?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, what's the proper process if you want to by something NEW from the eShop, not just trying to update something you already own (like you normally would through wupinstaller)?

Would you:
1. Kexploit
2. NNU patch
3. Enter eShop and make purchase
4. ??? (Temporarily unblock to download base game?)
*. If system update starts to download, don't let it finish and remove with partial update remover? But what if system update downloads before the thing you just purchased finishes downloading?
5. Reblock and download/install future game updates through NUSgrabber/wupinstaller?
1-Make sure you are using tubehax dns
2- You need your console spoofed to 5.5.1.
3- run kernel
4-run nnu patcher
5-buy your stuff and let it download
6-if download doesnt happen hard shutdown your wiiu by holding the power button-
7-restart your wiiu and all files should download now.

tubehax allows e shop and blocks updates at the same time.

Last edited by pedro702,

sanec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1-Make sure you are using tubehax dns
2- You need your console spoofed to 5.5.1.
3- run kernel
4-run nnu patcher
5-buy your stuff and let it download
6-if download doesnt happen hard shutdown your wiiu by holding the power button-
7-restart your wiiu and all files should download now.

tubehax allows e shop and blocks updates at the same time.

Thanks for the info!!

licantropo94

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi.. sorry for my stupid question.. I bought a Wii U Bundle Mario Kart 8(preinstalled)/Splatoon (only code). I never entered to the Nintendo eShop. Can i use NNU patcher, register to eShop and download Splatoon? Thanks for your answers! :)
(Sorry for my English)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi.. sorry for my stupid question.. I bought a Wii U Bundle Mario Kart 8(preinstalled)/Splatoon (only code). I never entered to the Nintendo eShop. Can i use NNU patcher, register to eShop and download Splatoon? Thanks for your answers! :)
(Sorry for my English)
if you are on 5.3.2(or 5.4.0 i think its also supported now) and have the console spoofed to 5.5.1 then yes.

BlueDrgn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm having an issue and wondering if anyone can help me out.
I spoofed my 5.4.0 console-->5.5.1, and managed to run some games using loadiine v1 and stuff. Thing is however, no matter what I do, absolutely no Browser link exploits work. I get either a black screen+freeze or nothing happens.
It'd be much easier to just bookmark all the exploits I need to use, but I have to locally host everything for it to run. Is there any reason why this is happening?
And, is there a compiled version of the NNU Patcher I could use instead? I wish to get all the Smash DLC characters! Appreciated!

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I'm having an issue and wondering if anyone can help me out.
I spoofed my 5.4.0 console-->5.5.1, and managed to run some games using loadiine v1 and stuff. Thing is however, no matter what I do, absolutely no Browser link exploits work. I get either a black screen+freeze or nothing happens.
It'd be much easier to just bookmark all the exploits I need to use, but I have to locally host everything for it to run. Is there any reason why this is happening?
And, is there a compiled version of the NNU Patcher I could use instead? I wish to get all the Smash DLC characters! Appreciated!
You can bookmark the local hosted URLs too, that's what I did, just bookmark the root direct the exploits are in then you just click the one you want.

Make sure when locally hosting, that you're not trying to access it by using your real IP address, you want your local IPv4 address, or else you'll be sending your signal out to your ISP servers and then back to you, increasing latency and reducing the chances of the exploit working.

BlueDrgn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HFSsnip.JPG

Ah yes, thanks! I have it set up like this. When locally hosted these succeed 100% of the time for me ( so far). Though I'm not sure if I can use NNU Patcher with this setup if it requires PHP... Are there any other alternatives or am I just out of luck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: