NNID after system transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by lyoth, Aug 5, 2016.

1. lyoth
    OP

lyoth Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    I got a 3DS XL a couple of days ago from craigslist and unexpectedly it came with 6.6. Currently I have sysnand at 9.2, and emunand at 11.0. I went out and bought a N3DS XL, but it came with 11.0. I will be attempting the dsiware downgrade following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade, and got confused at this part.

"Do one of the following (or neither if you don't mind *3DS #1's** NNID being nonfunctional)*
    -Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on 3DS #2, then wait one week, then System Transfer from 3DS #2 back to 3DS #1 (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS)
    -Go to the settings and attempt sign back into your initial NNID, then call Nintendo and ask about the error you get"

I am not sure what the above means at all. Does it mean that I can't use my old NNID on 3DS #1? or does it mean that I can't sign in with a new NNID at all?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice