NitroSwan - A WonderSwan emulator for NDS

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm. Not sure if it's a 3ds problem, but running this in 75Hz mode on o3ds Twilight is very choppy

I can confirm this on my side. All is OK on DS lite / DSi but not on 3DS

@FluBBa : Debug info shows games at full framerate but it is like the emulator is running with Frameskip (3 or 4). I tried DS and DSi modes with TWL++, both react the same way.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone happen to know if Makai Toushi Sa-Ga's text boxes are now working?

I spoke to the 1st guy and text box seems to be ok as far as I can see on YT.

@FluBBa :

Sound volume reset itself to "mute" when you change roms and sometimes at 1st boot. Not a big deal but the problem is there.

About the 2nd sound channel, why you had to mute it when samples are played ? is it a hardware limitation or an unknown problem ?

Thanks.

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
The text boxes in Makai Toushi Saga are the same as before.
Default sound volume is now max, if you have saved the internal EEPROM before then it is what was set then. You need to go into the settings of the BIOS (hold Start when booting WonderSwan), then save settings in NitroSwan.
People complained about bad sound from ch2, guess I'll make a setting for it or try to fix it.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having PCM in channel 2 would be amazing, but I understand it might be difficult to add to the emulator. NitroSwan 4.1 is already great, much better than S8DS even. I never thought you'd be able to pull this off

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to go into the settings of the BIOS (hold Start when booting WonderSwan), then save settings in NitroSwan.

This did not work, I needed to delete the two WS/WSC eeprom in the Nitroswan folder. I think it happens when you have 2 versions of the emulator and it may corrupt files or something. Working again leaving only one version and generating new files.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so much fun testing this on a panzer DS, thank you FluBBa!!

amazing how every games i throw in are full speed now and running butter smooth.
the only one i can't get to load is 'golden axe'

Apart going into into option holding Start when booting WonderSwan, are they there any benefit using bioses (tried WS and WSC ones) ?

Last edited by Garcimak,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dear Mr flubba, i finally got around to trying the last version and sadly the "load state" option appears to fail. It garbles the graphics and gets stuck there. It used to work on the previous version I had installed.
I'm on O3DS, playing a game I was already playing (with save states created) in case all that matters. I have BIOS, although maybe I had to set it up again..

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i tried overwriting, loading the game's save file (which still works normally), "save state" and then loading that, but still failed.
I suppose i should delete whatever file holds the save states and create a completely new one to avoid the issue?

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Which game are we talking about here, and where in the game are you, attach the save file here if you can and I will take a look at it.
it's one of the digimon games, the one where you play with ryo and then ken, black and white. Can't remember the name now.
I'll try to find the save and transfer to PC with filezilla today

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8