Hacking Nintendont

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a composite to hdmi converter, but that doesn't change much really other than adding a bit of input lag. Not something you want with competitive or rhythm games.

how bout Wii2HDMI converter? will it have any lag too?

image.jpeg

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let's say Wii U is completely hacked, we can do anything with it like the Wii... then Nintendont is released for the Wii U mode, the extra power of the power of the cpu and gpu can be used to increase the internal resolution to 720p for example ? Is this possible ? What about the Wii games, is such thing possible ? I like to imagine that in a few years the Wii U is going to be the best nintendo console ever, capable of running amazing emulators even with nice crt shaders thanks to retroarch and GC and Wii games in HD...

Am i dreaming/asking too much ? or is this something that can happen for real in the future ?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say Wii U is completely hacked, we can do anything with it like the Wii... then Nintendont is released for the Wii U mode, the extra power of the power of the cpu and gpu can be used to increase the internal resolution to 720p for example ? Is this possible ? What about the Wii games, is such thing possible ? I like to imagine that in a few years the Wii U is going to be the best nintendo console ever, capable of running amazing emulators even with nice crt shaders thanks to retroarch and GC and Wii games in HD...

Am i dreaming/asking too much ? or is this something that can happen for real in the future ?

Increasing the screen size doesn't change the polygon count of models or the resolution of textures. The games would still look the same unless you went through and replaced the visual assets, they'd just be upscaled.

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Increasing the screen size doesn't change the polygon count of models or the resolution of textures. The games would still look the same unless you went through and replaced the visual assets, they'd just be upscaled.

I think texture mods are interesting but i was not referring to that, for me Nintendo games already have great assets, the low resolution is what hold most games IMO, look at F-Zero GX using 2x the native resolution or Super Mario Sunshine, these games are amazing in true "hi res" even using the original assets. Wii games are in SD res and the vWii only apply a simple upscaling as we all know but since the Wii U cpu is many times more powerful than the original GC processor I think the extra power could possibly be used to such things as increase internal/rendering resolution etc
I just don't have an idea if the extra processing power could be used to allow such a thing or if there's any kind of limitation etc that could prevent this to happen

Reactions: yadspi

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
From the opening post:
"Nintendont requires:
- The official unpatched IOS58.
- The Homebrew Channel v1.0.7 or newer, running on IOS58."

-> How can I find out whether I'm using the official unpatched IOS58?
And would be just trying it dangerous?

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so your tv doesnt have a direct component connection? well that is bad My only sugestion is buy a wiiu and you can use the wiiu hdmi cable to turn wii games and nintendont as if they were connected trough component xD.
no, the tv does have a direct component connection, i just have the converter for if i need to connect it to something that doesn't have component (like my computer monitor).

Also, i would say this issue has been pretty much solved for me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think texture mods are interesting but i was not referring to that, for me Nintendo games already have great assets, the low resolution is what hold most games IMO, look at F-Zero GX using 2x the native resolution or Super Mario Sunshine, these games are amazing in true "hi res" even using the original assets. Wii games are in SD res and the vWii only apply a simple upscaling as we all know but since the Wii U cpu is many times more powerful than the original GC processor I think the extra power could possibly be used to such things as increase internal/rendering resolution etc
I just don't have an idea if the extra processing power could be used to allow such a thing or if there's any kind of limitation etc that could prevent this to happen
whatever you might think fix94 doesnt have any interest in porting nintendont to wiiu mode, becuase of 2 issues, first nintendont does not emulate graphics since both wii and gc used GX for graphics, on wiiu mode there is only GX2 wich is very diferent from the GX libreary so nintendont would need to emulate graphics which would be a huge mess and probably burning most of the new free processing power we would have in the process.

Same thing for wii games, you do know that wii games on wiiu VC e shop fully run on vwii right? not even nintendo wanted to go trough the trouble of trying to emulate GX on GX2 so they sneakely just start vwii automaticaly without you knowing when using those vc wii games.

So yeah you are dreaming big time lol, the best thing we could hope for is if we somehow can free vwii from its boundarys from both processor and ram but that would do squat to the resolution since GX limit is 480p that is why you never will get a gc or wii game abode 480p unless they use emulated graphics.

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
whatever you might think fix94 doesnt have any interest in porting nintendont to wiiu mode, becuase of 2 issues, first nintendont does not emulate graphics since both wii and gc used GX for graphics, on wiiu mode there is only GX2 wich is very diferent from the GX libreary so nintendont would need to emulate graphics which would be a huge mess and probably burning most of the new free processing power we would have in the process.

Same thing for wii games, you do know that wii games on wiiu VC e shop fully run on vwii right? not even nintendo wanted to go trough the trouble of trying to emulate GX on GX2 so they sneakely just start vwii automaticaly without you knowing when using those vc wii games.

So yeah you are dreaming big time lol, the best thing we could hope for is if we somehow can free vwii from its boundarys from both processor and ram but that would do squat to the resolution since GX limit is 480p that is why you never will get a gc or wii game abode 480p unless they use emulated graphics.

Oh, so that's it... this incompatibility between GX and GX2 is the technical limitation. Yes, i know the Wii games run on vWii, you can clearly notice the console changing to vWii mode... but IDK overall Nintendo seems pretty lazy, the Virutal Console for instance, Mario Kart 64 on Wii is terrible, the sound low res, for some reason they did a noticeable downsampling on the sound, don't know why... doesn't make any sense, it makes me think that Nintendo is using the same emulator on Wii U

Even with this task being humongous, we could help FIX94 by funding the developement of such thing if technically possible...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, so that's it... this incompatibility between GX and GX2 is the technical limitation. Yes, i know the Wii games run on vWii, you can clearly notice the console changing to vWii mode... but IDK overall Nintendo seems pretty lazy, the Virutal Console for instance, Mario Kart 64 on Wii is terrible, the sound low res, for some reason they did a noticeable downsampling on the sound, don't know why... doesn't make any sense, it makes me think that Nintendo is using the same emulator on Wii U

Even with this task being humongous, we could help FIX94 by funding the developement of such thing if technically possible...
And what would be the point if all that work and when emulating graphics you get even less memory than on vwii and games with large amount of graphics work start dropping frames and whatnot, due to the wiiu not being powerfull enough? its basicaly a very very hard working gamble that in the end might not do a single thing diferent from vwii, with the possibility of being even worse with less compatibility and games actualy running slower, graphics is always the worst part of emulation.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: BIFFTAZ

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And what would be the point if all that work and when emulating graphics you get even less memory than on vwii and games with large amount of graphics work start dropping frames and whatnot, due to the wiiu not being powerfull enough? its basicaly a very very hard working gamble that in the end might not do a single thing diferent from vwii, with the possibility of being even worse with less compatibility and games actualy running slower, graphics is always the worst part of emulation.

Too bad i am dumb, if i had the skills i would try to do and obtain real data to know if would be feasible or not in reality... I know it's not the same thing but Sony is now emulating PS2 games with hi res graphics and frame rates on PS4... too bad Nintendo is lazy and can't even emulate Mario Kart 64 correctly even on Wii U.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Too bad i am dumb, if i had the skills i would try to do and obtain real data to know if would be feasible or not in reality... I know it's not the same thing but Sony is now emulating PS2 games with hi res graphics and frame rates on PS4... too bad Nintendo is lazy and can't even emulate Mario Kart 64 correctly even on Wii U.
well see the power the ps4 has compared to the wiiu and the power the ps2 had... ps2 was the weakest console of its generation, thats why even the ps3 could emulate it without much problems, its obvious the ps4 can emulate it top notch, also the ps2 games are just upscaled they arent hd like you see some dolphin videos on youtube running 1080p gc games.

The only decent GC emulator is dolphin, and to run dolphin games without lagging just see the specs that dolphin requires.

Last edited by pedro702,

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country

It doesn't make sense to make Nintendon't GX2. The effort needed to port would be better invested in writing a general purpose GX->GX2 wrapper and launching Vwii mode using it. This way everything in VWii has potential to benefit, including Nintendon't.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It doesn't make sense to make Nintendon't GX2. The effort needed to port would be better invested in writing a general purpose GX->GX2 wrapper and launching Vwii mode using it. This way everything in VWii has potential to benefit, including Nintendon't.
several people talked about that but in the end, it would need to be a major work done by a comunity since gx2 is preety diferent so creating a perfect wrapper would be very hard.

The_Atomik_Punk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some assistance in getting nintendont set up to work with USBloaderGX. I have Nintendont working to boot gamecube ISOs perfectly fine, but when I try to boot a title from within USBLoaderGX, this pops up:
"Error: To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on the first primary FAT32 partition."

My 2TB Seagate USB drive is already formatted to FAT32, and I've already changed the UBSLoaderGX Gamecube program to Nintendont, as well as a few other pertinent settings, like main game path to ":I/games". I'm obviously missing something here, because the GC ISOs work great when booted straight from Nintendont, but won't work from within USBLoaderGX. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some assistance in getting nintendont set up to work with USBloaderGX. I have Nintendont working to boot gamecube ISOs perfectly fine, but when I try to boot a title from within USBLoaderGX, this pops up:
"Error: To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on the first primary FAT32 partition."

My 2TB Seagate USB drive is already formatted to FAT32, and I've already changed the UBSLoaderGX Gamecube program to Nintendont, as well as a few other pertinent settings, like main game path to ":I/games". I'm obviously missing something here, because the GC ISOs work great when booted straight from Nintendont, but won't work from within USBLoaderGX. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

i had the same issue before but figured that my hard drive got hidden partitions that does not go away even after formatting to FAT32 via other methods, i recommend using Bootice, ( here's the link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

NOTE: this guide in the link is for vWii on Wii U, disregard everything on the link as we are ONLY AFTER for the download link for Bootice there and the short guide how to use it. )

, the download link for Bootice is there just scroll down a bit,( ignore everything else except for the Bootice part ) you can also follow the short guide there as well on how to properly format the drive using Bootice and deleting all existing partitions. You don't need UStealth unless you are using Nintendont on vWii for Wii U..I know it's a pain to do that all over again but if you want Nintendont to work with USBLoaderGX then that's all the solution you need. Also make sure that you are using all the latest versions of Nintendont and USBLoaderGX..hope that helps.

P.S: i already emphasized it couple of times now, the guide on link is for vWii, only follow it if you are using a Wii U.. i don't want you to end up with a brick. The goal is to get Bootice download link within that vwii hacking guide and the tiny tutorial there on how to use it. Many Thanks. :)

Last edited by owek1,

The_Atomik_Punk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy smokes, thank you so much owek1 for the prompt and detailed reply! I'll definitely try to reformat my USB HDD tomorrow when I have more time using Bootice- I really hope that'll do the trick! :)

Reactions: owek1

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country

Another option to try is remove your SD card and hit default settings in USB loader GX. Should set all your paths to the usb hdd for you. Then make sure in loader settings GameCube source is set for main path only and mode to nintendon't.

It gave me that crap when I had it set to auto.
Works for me on a sole fat32 drive and one with multiple partitions. (Fat/wbfs)

Something to try before wiping your drive anyway. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by self_slaughter,
Reactions: owek1

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone share an Amazon link for an external HDD that works perfectly with wfbs and Nintendont?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You'll have to reformat the HDD like someone said already.

ItEm

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello!

I have the last version of Nintendont working perfectly on mi Wii (not WiiU) but I wonder if there is a way to remap the controller configuration. I know that the last version already comes with drives for all kind of controllers by default but I just do not like how they set PS2 controllers up. I already tried to change the configuration by copying a controller.ini file but the default settings were still working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!

Last edited by ItEm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol