Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok while hacking around in wind waker was fun I have to stop on that, every single actor has his own physics calculation, same goes for every jumpslash, backflip, sidejump and everything else, all using different values, some getting loaded already pre-calculated from disc.
If there is any person crazy enough to still look at it here are my notes, if you cant read them you are not ready to actually tackle this problem :P

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys could use some help with this nagging problem I have.

I was playing some gamecube games last night, everything was working fine then in the middle of a game, my controls swapped on me. I have no idea how to revert them back to the original way I had it before do note that I am using wii classic controller (first party one)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys could use some help with this nagging problem I have.

I was playing some gamecube games last night, everything was working fine then in the middle of a game, my controls swapped on me. I have no idea how to revert them back to the original way I had it before do note that I am using wii classic controller (first party one)
Press the minus (-) button to change the controls back to normal.

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously ... thats the whole point of porting it to wiiu but the work required might be too much for just adding yet another controller.

For me it's more than just a controller, I enjoy using the gamepad like a handheld, playing WiiU games in bed on the small screen, being able to do that with Nintendont would be awesome.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the deal with trying to hack 60 fps out of some games. Like did those games even on a real gamecube never do 60 fps? Just curious.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the deal with trying to hack 60 fps out of some games. Like did those games even on a real gamecube never do 60 fps? Just curious.
Sunshine and LoZWW were capped at thirty. Nintendont has access to more resources, so technically they could consistently run at 60. Unfortunately, Japanese developers tend to tie their calculations to framerate, which is fine on consoles but does needlessly limit them for PC and possibly future consoles. Though, it would have been silly to have expected NGC developers to anticipate something like Nintendont or Dolphin. So some NGC games we may never see at a proper 60fps, unless someone absolutely insane decides to tackle it. At least Wind Waker isn't locked to 24fps like its N64 predecessors.

Last edited by TecXero,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At least Wind Waker isn't locked to 24fps like its N64 predecessors.
*21, ocarina of time was locked at 21fps. Also since GT-Cube was making so much trouble I just looked at it and that game also really needs to be on the 30fps, the timer gets increased by 1 every frame at 0x80056A38, which is always a display increase of 33ms, changing that would mean rewriting the whole game logic to accept double the values or something crazy like that :P

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Will X360 controllers without adapters ever be possible?
I can run Dolphin on my PC and play the games on it with an X360, but it's way better to play on the Wii itself.

I can get a normal USB controller, but ya know...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Will X360 controllers without adapters ever be possible?
I can run Dolphin on my PC and play the games on it with an X360, but it's way better to play on the Wii itself.

I can get a normal USB controller, but ya know...
if you donate a xbox360 controller to fix94 maybe lol.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*21, ocarina of time was locked at 21fps. Also since GT-Cube was making so much trouble I just looked at it and that game also really needs to be on the 30fps, the timer gets increased by 1 every frame at 0x80056A38, which is always a display increase of 33ms, changing that would mean rewriting the whole game logic to accept double the values or something crazy like that :P
Wow, even better. I seem to remember it capping out at 24fps on emulators. Oh well. The N64 was a bit of a mess.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

nerubii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
sidetrack a bit, is seagate backup plus 4tb portable able to format as mbr fat32 as a single partition with 64k cluster size? anyone knows?

does it support advanced format?

Last edited by nerubii,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok while hacking around in wind waker was fun I have to stop on that, every single actor has his own physics calculation, same goes for every jumpslash, backflip, sidejump and everything else, all using different values, some getting loaded already pre-calculated from disc.
If there is any person crazy enough to still look at it here are my notes, if you cant read them you are not ready to actually tackle this problem :P

By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post about latest TriHdrPatcher not recognizing Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002 Export (SHA1: 2b7c493625339ee158a0d9b0ef2569e5e4b1c20f) converted from CHD. All other files are recognized and header written ok. Now we only need GameTDB updated with these new Game ID's. :)

EDIT: Oh, it was because I've changed the header of these games manually. All games were recognized fine with changed ID's, only Virtua Striker Ver. 2002 Export wasn't recognized. That's fixed with a fresh redump from the CHD file. :)

Last edited by CaptainHIT,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: Oh, it was because I've changed the header of these games manually. All games were recognized fine with changed ID's, only Virtua Striker Ver. 2002 Export wasn't recognized. That's fixed with a fresh redump from the CHD file. :)
The header patcher only checks from offset 0x40 and onwards so whatever you changed that with also changed some other internal file then, probably the banner.bin file which I dont touch because that obviously changes internal stuff.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

Dyxlesci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey FIX94, is there any word on BBA emulation? Ive looked around and haven't heard much lately. A while back I read that it was in the works. As a big fan of kirby air ride, that is the upcoming feature Im looking forward to the most

Tiktaalik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. Just installed Homebrew browser on vWii on my Wii U, and have installed absolutely nothing else, but am getting the "Kernel failed to load NAND" error.

Homebrew channel version is 1.1.2
IOS58 v25.32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2