Hacking Nintendont

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously what the fuck are you even talking about, I assume since you mention a 13 years old OS and not even any actual error messages that you try to be funny or something, its not exactly working for me though.
Well... TriIsoExtract does the first part successfully and then, when it moves on to the second part, it fails under WinXP.

Off-Topic: Honestly... using Windows XP is personal preference for the time being, otherwise I'd either be using Linux Mint or Ubuntu. It may be outdated, but it still has it's uses (just like with Windows 95/98).

EDIT: a screenshot is coming, provided that i can get one (if it fails). Sincere apologies... FIX94.

Last edited by LWares87,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well... TriIsoExtract does the first part and when it get to the second part, it fails under WinXP.
and now what the fuck is a "second part"? Seriously you guys never provide any screenshots or full texts or anything, how are you expecting any help I dont know. Also nowadays you need at least windows vista for most programs to function so good luck with that oldass OS, I am on windows 10 btw like any modern person should be.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and now what the fuck is a "second part"? Seriously you guys never provide any screenshots or full texts or anything, how are you expecting any help I dont know. Also nowadays you need at least windows vista for most programs to function so good luck with that oldass OS, I am on windows 10 btw like any modern person should be.
This... refers to the "second part" that i was actually on about (even though it's meant to be one seamless extraction process).

triisoextract_fail.JPG

EDIT: Unrelated... Nowadays, old operating systems are usually 'in someway' given a new lease of life by the means of unoffical service packs or extended post end-user support.

I honestly understand your argument though...

Last edited by LWares87,

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With regards to your query... yes, there is (or i should say was, as it failed)

triisoextract_userfolder_duringextraction.JPG

I honestly, don't know how to code... although, my guess is based off the lack of it.

My argument is that... the tmp folder doesn't exist where it should be alongside TriIsoExtract, instead it does the extraction process in x:/Documents and Settings/"User" (which i think... on any OS from Vista onwards, would be x:/Users/"User" ).

I'm not saying it should be changed, but it depends if it'd work better completely portable though.

Last edited by LWares87,
Reactions: cvskid

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My argument is that... the tmp folder doesn't exist where it should be alongside TriIsoExtract
Check that out, xp behaves very different here to my windows 10 where it creates the tmp folder in the same place of the game and also creates the bin file where the game is located at, I did not expect some weird behaviour like that and I'll have to write some weird code to fix that up.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FIX94: i should of said theory, instead of argument... although, never mind. sorry.

Anyway... just to ask again, are the Triforce Arcade updates (Triforce DIMM Updater (GDT-0011) & Triforce Firmware Update For Compact Flash Box (Rev A) (GDT-0022A)) incorporated within Nintendont or can they be used as normal to 'update the bios'?

Last edited by LWares87,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyway... just to ask again, are the Triforce Arcade updates (Triforce DIMM Updater (GDT-0011) & Triforce Firmware Update For Compact Flash Box (Rev A) (GDT-0022A)) incorporated within Nintendont or can they be used as normal to 'update the bios'?
how the hell would you want to update a nonexistant piece of hardware? I mean if you are willing to write a fullblown low level emulator for all the boards feel free to buy a triforce and then go at it.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FIX94: HAHAHA... that's fair point, as it's all software isn't it? i don't even know how to code anyway! lol

EDIT: I'm starting to explore some more games that I'm not a custom to, now that I've found a good source to download the arcade roms from.

ONCE AGAIN... DON'T EVEN THINK OF ASKING! AS IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!

EDIT2: I noticed that there are two variations for the game series The Key of Avalon. One which is called client (GDT0006A/C/F, GDT0010C & GDT0017B) and the other is called server (GDT0005A/C/F/G & GDT0009C). As there's no network/LAN support (for the time being, if it ever happens) which variation should be used?

Also... there's a v1.2 that exists called Summon The New Monsters (client, GDT-0010A & server, GDT-0009A). Either that or it's a alternate version of v1.3 with a different name or region, who knows...

Last edited by LWares87,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94: HAHAHA... that's fair point, as it's all software isn't it? i don't even know how to code anyway! lol
its all very weirdly emulated and probably has very little to do with the actual hardware. Anyways just push up a 1.2 of the iso extract program so now it should work with the full paths if they are given over.
Also key of avalon will never be supported, you would need 5 wiis, each wii would need 2 screens each, a card reader, a touchpad and all would need to be connected via lan while the "main" program runs on one of them and the other 4 would need the "satellite" program.

Reactions: ALSINJAN and cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does 1.2 now actually work on xp I do wonder?
Version 1.2 of the program works fine. It makes both the tmp folder with the raw.bin inside of it and the actual game in .bin format both on the desktop where the program is located. Thank you FIX94.

Last edited by cvskid,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Check that out, xp behaves very different here to my windows 10 where it creates the tmp folder in the same place of the game and also creates the bin file where the game is located at, I did not expect some weird behaviour like that and I'll have to write some weird code to fix that up.

.net framework :

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.directory.getcurrentdirectory(v=vs.100).aspx

this acquires the instance of the cwd path depending from where you launch the program from.

and there's an easy example on how to handle that exception

but ill say XP cannot run .NET 4.5 so if the program is compiled on 4.0 for XP and 4.5 for vista+ there will be possibly different behaviour.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone,

can someone please write a tutorial about adding nintendont to wiiflow and post on the first page?
I tried today the whole day to setup wiiflow with nintendont without success.
thanks in advance

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to curious to ask anyone... is anyone having problems with triforce-header-patcher (TriHdrPatcher)?

As i keep getting from what i'm presuming to be invalid headers when patching F-Zero AX GDT0004E & GDT0004C.

When i see either of the games in USB Loader GX, the banner for GDT0004E comes up with Virtual Striker 3 Ver. 2002 (whilst GDT0003C, comes up with a standard NGC banner).
Nintendont loads the Japanesse GCN IPL and then the Wii switches itself off. :S

Honestly, it might just be the chd files which i downloaded and extracted, who knows...

EDIT: Oops... i i forgot to update Nintendont to the latest version. *facepalm* i'll check again to see if there's been any change

EDIT2: It's fine. I'm a bit confused about the banner for GDT0004E comes up with the banner for vs2002 though, maybe the header or something else needs a look at perhaps...

Last edited by LWares87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it :sad: