Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What should i do to change that?
Try another cable.To make sure the cable doesnt pass data, get hid test app and try it with the cable if no buttons values change then the cable is purely for charge and has does no data transfer capabilities.

That's nonsense! gcit doesn't break anything. Never did here. It also makes the version of F-Zero AX playable when converted to ISO with gcit. :)
no its not nonsence, gcit breaks audiostreaming games when compressing them wich makes them shut down nintendont becuase it breaks there allignement. sure it works fine with noone audio streaming games, but amnny games have audio streaming and arent decomented as such so its like a very risky gamble using it, on the early days of nintendont there was constant reports of games failling becuase alot of people were using gcit including me i had a ton of games that didnt work and was becuase of this shiity program, dmtoolbox is the best compress program by far since besides 4 or 5 games that it cant compress it compresses audiostreaming games like a champ.

Last edited by pedro702,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really never use any converter or compressor and use clean 1:1 dumps of GC ISO's for compatibility reasons as stated in the first post of this thread. I only used it with F-Zero AX as it was not working just by renaming the GCM suffix to ISO, thought it might be some conversion problem. After saving it as compressed ISO with gcit, it worked!

Glad you finally got it! :)

Doesn't work here also. Might be because of truncated ISO or another problem with ISO, or just Nintendont doesn't support it at the moment. :(

I just was going to say that! :D
Yep, thank you and everyone else for your help. I even patched the game so it has the correct name in nintendont/usbloader gx. All is fine now. B-)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does after letting the demo run once, it also happens on a real arcade, dont know why they decided to do that.
most probably to make people jump. lol :L

Anyway, just curious to ask... if and when will game card support for the Virtua Soccer games be possibly added?

I only posted this again, as it didn't get answered previously...

EDIT: Also... I'm presuming F-Zero AX GDT-0004E is the latest revision of the game?

Last edited by LWares87,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyway, just curious to ask... if and when will game card support for the Virtua Soccer games be possibly added?

I only posted this again, as it didn't get answered previously...

EDIT: Also... I'm presuming F-Zero AX GDT-0004E is the latest revision of the game?
Not even crediar was able to figure out CARD support in them so dont expect me to ever solve the mystery.
And with that AX one being the latest is only a guess because that has the biggest executable and all its offsets are further down than on any other.
Oh and talking about that here we go, new nintendont version:
-added support for rev c and rev e of f-zero ax and added a missing patch for virtua striker 4 (export)

forkedpotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another cable.To make sure the cable doesnt pass data, get hid test app and try it with the cable if no buttons values change then the cable is purely for charge and has does no data transfer capabilities.

no its not nonsence, gcit breaks audiostreaming games when compressing them wich makes them shut down nintendont becuase it breaks there allignement. sure it works fine with noone audio streaming games, but amnny games have audio streaming and arent decomented as such so its like a very risky gamble using it, on the early days of nintendont there was constant reports of games failling becuase alot of people were using gcit including me i had a ton of games that didnt work and was becuase of this shiity program, dmtoolbox is the best compress program by far since besides 4 or 5 games that it cant compress it compresses audiostreaming games like a champ.
Do you have a link to the hidtest install tutorial?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do you have a link to the hidtest install tutorial?
theres no tutorial needed you put the app in the alongside other homebrew apps and choose it on your homebrew channel and just press buttons on your controller connected to usb if no values change then no signal is getting to the console.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
????? Sorry I don't understand that mean. But I am using SD Card to running for USB Loader GX to use flash drive.
Don't use the flash drive, they tend to cause problems. Move everything to your SD card and use a Wii backup loader that's compatible with SD or use an USB HDD (Hard Disk Drive), an USB SSD (Solid State Drive) will work in place of an USB HDD.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those struggling to get TriIsoExtract working properly on Windows XP, i would suggest possibly using a virtual machine (like Windows 2000).

Who knows if it'll work for you, as it's only a suggestion anyway.

BEFORE ANYONE EVEN ASKS... DON'T! AS IT'S AGAINST THE RULES ANYWAY!

EDIT: @FIX94: Just a random question to ask, are the Triforce Arcade updates (Triforce DIMM Updater (GDT-0011) & Triforce Firmware Update For Compact Flash Box (Rev A) (GDT-0022A)) included within Nintendont or can they be used as normal? As long as they work that is?

Last edited by LWares87,
Reactions: cvskid

forkedpotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres no tutorial needed you put the app in the alongside other homebrew apps and choose it on your homebrew channel and just press buttons on your controller connected to usb if no values change then no signal is getting to the console.
So in a new folder in the apps? using the HID_Test.Dol?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also normally this happens and eventually my wii u freezes

Attachments

• 4a0488c4-f2e8-47e3-9f5b-856f3827c6f4.png
    4a0488c4-f2e8-47e3-9f5b-856f3827c6f4.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 149

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those struggling to get TriIsoExtract working properly on Windows XP, i would suggest possibly using a virtual machine (like Windows 2000).

Who knows if it'll work for you, as it's only a suggestion anyway.

BEFORE ANYONE EVEN ASKS... DON'T! AS IT'S AGAINST THE RULES ANYWAY!
Just tried what you said and does not work for windows xp. Thank you for the suggestion anyways.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried what you said and does not work for windows xp. Thank you for the suggestion anyways.
I noticed that on WinXP.. TriIsoExtract will sometimes work first time after booting the OS and then afterwards. it goes back to what it does before by bringing up a error (which hopefully Fix94 is already possibly aware of).

Anyway... Windows XP will require a "old app" (Google will help) in order to run a virtual machine of Windows 2000 (or whatever Operating System works best for most people) for TriIsoExtract to work properly.

Last edited by LWares87,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the flash drive, they tend to cause problems. Move everything to your SD card and use a Wii backup loader that's compatible with SD or use an USB HDD (Hard Disk Drive), an USB SSD (Solid State Drive) will work in place of an USB HDD.
I think I know why. My Wii is really too old because I bought it since Wii come out. So my best guess is usb port is really old and not able to read the usb. That why I notice some usb I put it seem disconnect or didn't recharge the battery. Now I know why. I am using SD card for GC game and it work fine. But I need buy new Wii for Wii game only. That is pretty suck, don't you think, TecXero?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know why. My Wii is really too old because I bought it since Wii come out. So my best guess is usb port is really old and not able to read the usb. That why I notice some usb I put it seem disconnect or didn't recharge the battery. Now I know why. I am using SD card for GC game and it work fine. But I need buy new Wii for Wii game only. That is pretty suck, don't you think, TecXero?
No, all Wiis have problems with flash drives.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So in a new folder in the apps? using the HID_Test.Dol?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also normally this happens and eventually my wii u freezes
no idea what are you launching but that aint hid test ...

get the hid test dol rename it to boot.dol
make a folder on the apps call it anything like hid test
put the dol inside that folder, run that folder from homebrew menu.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I noticed that on WinXP.. TriIsoExtract will sometimes work first time after booting the OS and then afterwards. it goes back to what it does before by bringing up a error (which hopefully Fix94 is already possibly aware of).
Seriously what the fuck are you even talking about, I assume since you mention a 13 years old OS and not even any actual error messages that you try to be funny or something, its not exactly working for me though.

Reactions: VinsCool

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But my friend use flash drive for USBLoader GX and it work fine. It never have a problem for his usb port.

@Cyan mention it about my usb port problem. Not flash drive itself. He knew about usb port problem than flash drive because I mention that USBLoader GX didn't able to read usb port.

If you don't believe me, then I can show you video what happen to homebrew channel that every sightly I move my Wii or flash drive, the list is gone then back on the list because my Wii is very old since Wii came out.

I am not joking about this. I already tried it before load USBLoader GX.

Last edited by bradzx, , Reason: Made a paragraph to read better

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But my friend use flash drive for USBLoader GX and it work fine. It never have a problem for his usb port. @Cyan mention it about my usb port problem. Not flash drive itself. He knew about usb port problem than flash drive because I mention that USBLoader GX didn't able to read usb port. If you don't believe me, then I can show you video what happen to homebrew channel that every sightly I move my Wii or flash drive, the list is gone then back on the list because my Wii is very old since Wii came out. I am not joking about this. I already tried it before load USBLoader GX.
flashdrives are very very unstable, some flashdrives work some dont its the worst thing that you can use.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
flashdrives are very very unstable, some flashdrives work some dont its the worst thing that you can use.
In my end. All my flash drives work on my Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: limp biscuit