Hacking Nintendont

lecujen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well let me just say this, the chd files are in fact the base for this support, but actually extracting and decrypting the whole thing is a different story ;)
well that's the point, I have the CHD for "gekitou pro yakyuu" , but how to use it in Nintendont ?

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have chds and gdrom,dont know how to convert them to iso or files that nintendont can play.
nice job fix,realy like triforce,keep up the good work and many thx for
your hard work on nintendont.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Was looking at this list and thought to share this info here:

Triforce games
Released:
Virtua Striker 2002 (2002) by Sega
F-Zero AX (2003) by Sega
Gekitou Pro Yakyuu (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon: The Wizard Master (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.10 (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.20: Summon The New Monsters (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.30: Chaotic Sabbat (2004) by Sega
The Key of Avalon 2: Eutaxy Commandment (2004) by Sega
The Key of Avalon 2: War of the Key (2005) by Sega
F-Zero AX - Monster Ride (2004) by Sega
Virtua Striker 4 (2005) by Sega
Mario Kart Arcade GP (2005) by Namco
Virtua Striker 4 ver.2006 (2006) by Sega
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (2007) by Namco

Unreleased:
Star Fox Armada (2002/2003) - released as Star Fox: Assault on Gamecube
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.20: "Summons & Banquet" (2003)

I'm not sure if all the games should work on nintendont and where to find the ISO files.
Fix94 any plans/ideas for the near future?

Joewe27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already posted to the Wii Emulation and Homebrew forum, but thought I'd try here, too.

Nintendont has been working great on my SD card. But now I'm helping a friend with a small SD card load a game with a USB drive. Whenever I select my game on the Nintendont menu, it crashes instead of loading the game. The screen goes black, and the Wii turns off (the light turns red, as a force shutdown). After the crash, the disc becomes completely corrupted and I have to reformat to do anything on it. The drive is 16 GB, FAT32, with 32kb clusters, and I have a (integrity already checked) Super Smash Bros. Melee file renamed to game.iso in the path \games\melee\game.iso. The Wii is an original white Wii with Gamecube support.

I would appreciate any help, as I am pretty new to this stuff. Please tell me if I need to provide any additional info.

Last edited by Joewe27,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Was looking at this list and thought to share this info here:

Triforce games
Released:
Virtua Striker 2002 (2002) by Sega
F-Zero AX (2003) by Sega
Gekitou Pro Yakyuu (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon: The Wizard Master (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.10 (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.20: Summon The New Monsters (2003) by Sega
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.30: Chaotic Sabbat (2004) by Sega
The Key of Avalon 2: Eutaxy Commandment (2004) by Sega
The Key of Avalon 2: War of the Key (2005) by Sega
F-Zero AX - Monster Ride (2004) by Sega
Virtua Striker 4 (2005) by Sega
Mario Kart Arcade GP (2005) by Namco
Virtua Striker 4 ver.2006 (2006) by Sega
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (2007) by Namco

Unreleased:
Star Fox Armada (2002/2003) - released as Star Fox: Assault on Gamecube
The Key of Avalon Ver. 1.20: "Summons & Banquet" (2003)

I'm not sure if all the games should work on nintendont and where to find the ISO files.
Fix94 any plans/ideas for the near future?
avalon games do not work becuase they cant be emulated.

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to "remove" an emulated memory card in Nintendont?

This might seem like a completely useless feature, but 20XXTE will use a combination of removing the memory card and resetting the console to lock its settings so they can't be tampered with in a tournament setting. The creator, Dan Salvato, has no plans to support locking the settings through other means, so allowing emulated memory cards to be "removed" by Nintendont would be the only way to do this if no real memory card is available.

The way I would implement this would be with a new setting like "Memcard Removal" that's off by default, which would allow the emulated memory card to be "removed" with a button on the console (either the sync button, or holding the reset button for more than one second). Note that implementing this with a button combination would be useless in a tournament setting, as the "Native Control" setting would always be enabled.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to "remove" an emulated memory card in Nintendont?

This might seem like a completely useless feature, but 20XXTE will use a combination of removing the memory card and resetting the console to lock its settings so they can't be tampered with in a tournament setting. The creator, Dan Salvato, has no plans to support locking the settings through other means, so allowing emulated memory cards to be "removed" by Nintendont would be the only way to do this if no real memory card is available.

The way I would implement this would be with a new setting like "Memcard Removal" that's off by default, which would allow the emulated memory card to be "removed" with a button on the console (either the sync button, or holding the reset button for more than one second). Note that implementing this with a button combination would be useless in a tournament setting, as the "Native Control" setting would always be enabled.
This is why people hate ssbm competitve players lol, nintendont should never ever be used on a tournament, nintendont is not a perfect emulation, tournaments rely on using official consoles and official games so its the most acurate thing possible, not a homebrew app that semi natives/emulates a game, specialy ssbm that still can do audio beeps and such, and nope no one will make a nintendont ssbm tourny edition, that makes no sence whatsoever, stop being cheap and buy the damn game. How can someone that wants to do hardcore tournament stuff not have a gc or a wii with gc ports and the real game? i dont get it.

Last edited by pedro702,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? I own a SSBM disc and a Wii with GC ports, but none of my memory cards are functional anymore.
Wouldn't it be easier to just not change the settings once you're in the game? Also, I figured tournaments would prefer something like DIOS MIOS over Nintendont for the needless level of accuracy they tend to prefer. In the end, though, if you want a "tournament" version, Nintendont is opensource. You could probably just change it so it doesn't write to the memory card image on shutdown, so it will never save any changes you make to the game, since Nintendont just loads the memory card to RAM and then reads/writes to the copy in the RAM during gameplay and only writes it to the USB/SD when shutting down.

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The idea is to lock down 20XXTE's settings so troublemakers won't mess with them and do stuff like change the game version and mess with matches. I believe the way this works is that resetting the game without a memory card inserted tells 20XXTE to enter a state where none of its settings can be modified at all, even after another reset or if a memory card is put back in. I don't believe it actually has anything to do with disabling read/write to the memory card.

I'll be honest, I'm unclear on the differences between Nintendont and DIOS MIOS, but I believe I've heard better things about the former in terms of compatibility. I'm also not a (good) programmer myself, so I'm not really able to do a modification like this myself.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question when playing GC games can you use the wii u pro controller for playing gamecube games?
Sure :)
Just make sure it is synced with the console.

Reactions: jDSX

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The idea is to lock down 20XXTE's settings so troublemakers won't mess with them and do stuff like change the game version and mess with matches. I believe the way this works is that resetting the game without a memory card inserted tells 20XXTE to enter a state where none of its settings can be modified at all, even after another reset or if a memory card is put back in. I don't believe it actually has anything to do with disabling read/write to the memory card.

I'll be honest, I'm unclear on the differences between Nintendont and DIOS MIOS, but I believe I've heard better things about the former in terms of compatibility. I'm also not a (good) programmer myself, so I'm not really able to do a modification like this myself.
lol and you think anyone will go trough the trouble of making a custom nintendont, changing the entire mc emu structure just becuase a random tournament rules?If the tournament is even half legit they wont let you use nintendont at all lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in