Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the help so far.

If I select one it just says nothing is there and restarts the system. I'm using the current build. Launcher through homebrew channel. Should I do it a different way?
There should be an option to boot the disc. Make sure it is in drive before selecting sd/usb

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Total noob. Please help. I searched the thread but still nothing.

I am trying to play burnt GameCube backups on original Wii using Nintendont. I have a lot of backup discs from playing on NeoGamma. I would prefer to play the disc than to re backup everything. Plus I like physical cover art.

What am I doing wrong? Disc is in drive but the only options I get through the loader is SD or USB. How do I play the disc?

Any help would be great
first off you must have nintendont somewhere dont you have nintendont on usb or SD i mean you need to have it somewhere lol.

if nintendont is on usb choose usb if its on SD choose SD then on the game settings if you have one fo those wiis with gc ports you will see the boot game from disc, if your wii doesnt have gc ports or mc slots then it cant read dvds.

I am running a NTSC prime retail disc, not an ISO!
so what? get an iso google is your friend xD.

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Total noob. Please help. I searched the thread but still nothing.

I am trying to play burnt GameCube backups on original Wii using Nintendont. I have a lot of backup discs from playing on NeoGamma. I would prefer to play the disc than to re backup everything. Plus I like physical cover art.

What am I doing wrong? Disc is in drive but the only options I get through the loader is SD or USB. How do I play the disc?

Any help would be great

Ensure you have a folder called "games" setup on the root of either your sd card or usb, otherwise nintendont will complain. Once the folder is created, load Nintendont then choose either sd or usb, as appropriate for you, and then voila, the option to boot the disc will appear. Most people on here like their ISOs so will perhaps be unaware of this.

so what? get an iso google is your friend xD.

haha, I like discs.. besides... http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Metroid_Prime_version_differences

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ensure you have a folder called "games" setup on the root of either your sd card or usb, otherwise nintendont will complain. Once the folder is created, load Nintendont then choose either sd or usb, as appropriate for you, and then voila, the option to boot the disc will appear. Most people on here like their ISOs so will perhaps be unaware of this.

haha, I like discs.. besides... http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Metroid_Prime_version_differences
lol its not most people here like thier isos, is more like most people here can only user their isos, you realize only wiis with gc ports can read gc discs? if you have a wiiu or wii mini or family edition having the disc means zero since they cant be readed i use my wiiu for everything myself.

If your not willing to compromise i sugest you to learn how to code and try to fix forced videomode for yourself or hope that for some very odd reason fix94 finds your request something worth looking into it by himself since he is praticaly the only dev on nintendont, all other devs jumped ship long ago.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to this day the hardest thing to emulate hehe, theres like 1 pc plugin which does it correctly and it takes a ton of power to use.

Actually, uh, there are about three, but they don't take that much power, really. One is Ziggy's plugin (I think), Glide64 and GlideN64 (which is a successor to Glide 64), if you copy the buffer to every frame, then yeah, it'll be super slow; even the Wii Virtual Console got it right somehow (not sure how), but still, I see where you're coming from :P

Edit: Saw your response, doing framebuffer the legit way is a performance-killer, even on potent machines, how are these ROMs being injected? Also, not sure if it's the video, but the audio interpolation sounds kinda wonky.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fair enough, but still cool to see :P What I meant was the audio filtering, it sounds like it uses linear filtering (not delayed but kinda raspy) :D
its pretty flat which has to do with the emulator yea, normally as you can hear on my other yt videos that its not a problem on my side.

Reactions: the_randomizer

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still, it is cool to see other N64 ROMs load on here, wonder if Mystical Ninja 64 would work ^_^ Keep up the hard work :P
there is a compat list for the emulator its very very small

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Kirby 64 (partially working)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
Duke Nukem 64
Mace: The Dark Ages
Wave Race
Star Soldier
Pilot Wings

not all this games save or run perfect, for instance duke nuken has all 2d sprites out of balance with the background and so on.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Knight1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off you must have nintendont somewhere dont you have nintendont on usb or SD i mean you need to have it somewhere lol.

if nintendont is on usb choose usb if its on SD choose SD then on the game settings if you have one fo those wiis with gc ports you will see the boot game from disc

This worked perfect!

One last question. Can you force NTSC/PAL when booting from disc. In other words is there a black and white fix?

Rockmaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, I feel even more stupid. are you supposed to be able to inject dols? - as in making 1 snes game into a humongous 1.4 gb iso - or is a dol file a lot smaller and where are the howto's? cmon ppl help me out here - where can I find info / details about this - neither google nor search here helps me a lot. I'd love to be able to toss wii64 if possible..?

Short answer, yes, long answer, most injected GBA games work fine and with superior framerate than what you get with VBA-GX but there's no save function, as for N64 it's a hit or miss and once again it lacks save function and multiplayer but many games work fine at full speed with it like Super Mario 64 and Starfox 64

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on that topic I should maybe mention that the dol from zelda collectors edition contains some interesting values:
interesting.jpg
Just saying ;)

Rockmaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but the save function and multiplayer are somewhat essential. are we talking some type of emulator inside a dol? can the saves issues be dealt with? - and are the compatibility lists about equal to wad channel injects?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp