Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, what's with the n64 thing? can nintendont run n64 roms?
It can run the following games by injecting them into the zelda collection

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Kirby 64 (partially working)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
Duke Nukem 64
Mace: The Dark Ages
Wave Race
Star Soldier
Pilot Wings

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^Once again, why do people ALWAYS say "it can only run THESE games" when it can run more? Seriously, Nintendo consoles have more than just the first party titles, you may not like them but this doesn't make them nonexistence.

Edit: HERE!!!

-Blues Brothers 2000
-Duke Nukem 64
-Hercules - The Legendary Journeys
-Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards
-Legend Of Zelda - Majora's Mask
-Legend of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time
-Mace - The Dark Age
-Magical Tetris Challenge
-Mario Kart 64
-Pilotwings 64
-Pokemon Snap
-Puyo Puyo Sun 64
-Star Fox 64
-Star Soldier - Vanishing Earth
-Super Mario 64
-Wave Race 64

And that's just the games that I had luck with, probably there are more.

Reactions: Troopage

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
^Once again, why do people ALWAYS say "it can only run THESE games" when it can run more? Seriously, Nintendo consoles have more than just the first party titles, you may not like them but this doesn't make them nonexistence.

Edit: HERE!!!

-Blues Brothers 2000
-Duke Nukem 64
-Hercules - The Legendary Journeys
-Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards
-Legend Of Zelda - Majora's Mask
-Legend of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time
-Mace - The Dark Age -Magical Tetris Challenge
-Mario Kart 64
-Pilotwings 64
-Pokemon Snap
-Puyo Puyo Sun 64
-Star Fox 64
-Star Soldier - Vanishing Earth
-Super Mario 64
-Wave Race 64

And that's just the games that I succeeded in injecting.
people say those games becuase its the info found online, and you put a game like duke nuken in there, while duke nuken is playable its awful, all 2d sprites and enemys appear trough the 3d map which makes the game awfull to play and im guessing most of those games have issues aswhell like not saving to bad graphics among other things, serious people are threating this bad emulator like a holy grail it isnt, compat is crap and saving is preety much nooneexisting except on afew titles.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough, but it's still not cool to spread wrong information and say "ONLY THESE GAMES WORK" when you haven't tested any others, if I'm to mention the games that have issues it'd be Kirby 64, Pilot Wings, Hercules, Magical Tetris Challenge, and Duke Nukem, other than that all games seem to work perfectly fine "minus the save funtion which I couldn't even get it to work with Mario 64" no noticeable graphic issues or sound.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are we talking about N64, GBA and Dreamcast games? There are already programs that run those. Nintendont is supposed to be a Gamecube loader.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of games in that list are already in VC too :P, or injectable through wad. Dreamcast talk was off hand I think.

Though it is kinda on topic as it does mention the built in emulator in the Zelda Collection, which isn't that great emulation-wise, but still cool to inject ROMs. The Wii U has far better N64 emulation (accuracy) :P But I digress.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, thanks, sonictopfan! I was just wondering because I'm on Wii U and I don't have the GC controller adapter, and back when I had a GC and a set of Bongos, I only had DK Jungle Beat.
well all nintendont controllers are emulated to be GC controllers so whatever you use on nintendont to play the game, for the game itself you are using a GC controller.

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well all nintendont controllers are emulated to be GC controllers so whatever you use on nintendont to play the game, for the game itself you are using a GC controller.
Well, duh. I didn't know if the Donkey Konga games had GC Controller support, though.
DKJB also supports the Gamecube Controller btw but controls suck, the Wii port is a lot better.
I agree. It's the version of the game that I have.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Fix94, can you explain what the card unlock patch does with an example, please?
You don't need to go in depht, just for a noob to understand is absolutely enough for me. :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Fix94, can you explain what the card unlock patch does with an example, please?
You don't need to go in depht, just for a noob to understand is absolutely enough for me. :)
its a patch needed to unlock original nintendo 1st-party memory cards, you cant use the original gamecube code but you need to modify it slightly to support it.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a patch needed to unlock original nintendo 1st-party memory cards, you cant use the original gamecube code but you need to modify it slightly to support it.
Correct me if im wrong but is that the same as how you would unlock a dreamcast memory card to unlock extra space/hidden blocks?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct me if im wrong but is that the same as how you would unlock a dreamcast memory card to unlock extra space/hidden blocks?
its more like a protection which needs to be unlocked through calculating checksums etc, otherwise you cant use it. 3rd party memory cards have no protection on them in the first place so thats why they always worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo