Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for Wiimote + nunchuck support :)

WiiPSX and Wii64 have Wiimote + nunchuck support already... can their source code be useful to the Nintendont project?

Obviously, I'm not ignoring the stupendous improvements that the Nintendont team have done... especially with the most recent rewrites... now Nintendont uses less hacks/workarounds which is pretty damn good. Kudos for that. :)
You can get access to the Wiimote + Nunchuck Nintendont beta if you have donated to Howard. It's nearly finished

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. Now I've been getting "An Error has occurred, please refer to the instruction manual for more information." on more than just RE2 now.
When I search that up it relates to dirty discs or something with the disc drive. I'm curious as to why it's happening on a USB Drive instead. The drive isn't even a year old yet and I'm pretty sure it's fine..
I just can't find no rhyme nor reason it would do this error. Is it not getting enough power? Should I try my other HDD?

This is the one I use.
This is the one I will try if needed to.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the nintendo gc adapter for wiiU, and I was wondering on nintendont r257 is there a button combination to exit the loader? Thanks in advanced!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. Now I've been getting "An Error has occurred, please refer to the instruction manual for more information." on more than just RE2 now.
When I search that up it relates to dirty discs or something with the disc drive. I'm curious as to why it's happening on a USB Drive instead. The drive isn't even a year old yet and I'm pretty sure it's fine..
I just can't find no rhyme nor reason it would do this error. Is it not getting enough power? Should I try my other HDD?

This is the one I use.
This is the one I will try if needed to.

Obviously this is a error with Nintendont or your hard drive, it's not the game. No game should have that boot message anymore
I'm using the nintendo gc adapter for wiiU, and I was wondering on nintendont r257 is there a button combination to exit the loader? Thanks in advanced!

R+L+Z+Start

You can change it to whatever you want by editing the power command in the controller.ini

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Obviously this is a error with Nintendont or your hard drive, it's not the game. No game should have that boot message anymore

R+L+Z+Start

You can change it to whatever you want by editing the power command in the controller.ini

Well I know before I updated to Nov. 30th Rev I was using a Oct. 29th Rev because the updating didn't update properly and I had to manually do it.
On and before Oct. 29th Rev's as far as I remember they played fine. I don't remember having those errors until these recent Rev's. But no one reports these errors either so it makes me think it's my HDD or an incompatibility.

Edit: Where can I find older rev's? I'd like to test this out.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know before I updated to Nov. 30th Rev I was using a Oct. 29th Rev because the updating didn't update properly and I had to manually do it.
On and before Oct. 29th Rev's as far as I remember they played fine. I don't remember having those errors until these recent Rev's. But no one reports these errors either so it makes me think it's my HDD or an incompatibility.

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/list

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the speedy response! One more question is it possible to use gba-link for say final fantasy crystal chronicals while using the wii U gamecube adapter?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the speedy response! One more question is it possible to use gba-link for say final fantasy crystal chronicals while using the wii U gamecube adapter?

GBA-link is the only thing that the adapter does not support

How does one download :o

Click the one you want to dowload, click loader.dol, then click view raw file.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Okay so after some testing. The HDD may be the problem. I did some SD card testing and it hasn't once thrown an error at me. Few minutes into a GC game on the HDD the error pops right up. Is this from a bad format or is the drive going bad? Cause now that I think about it I recently formatted the HDD at least a partition and combined them into one. Should I use a second partition?

Edit: it's not related but my wii games at least RE0 has been acting weird on me. Haven't really noticed anything wrong with MKW or SSBB either. RE0 Wii has crashed on me a times. I added this to maybe help deduct the issue of the HDD incase.

Edit 2: If it is my HDD will this suffice?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
No one else can help. You either need to re-download of re-rip. If you really want to make sure run a md5 on the game iso and then use gametdb and search the game and look at the md5, if they match you really shouldn't have issues especially if it's 1:1 iso. If it's not matching more than likely the iso will have issues. I'd also recommend Defragging the HDD as well.

I mean for me I have one issue with Dios Mios to which I assume is just a part of the emulator, it just randomly freezes or crashes. Nintendont has it's own issues too.

thanx for the advices
i used 1:1 raw image copied on the hdd with DMToolbox using the settings "auto" or "32Kb" but most of the time i set to "32Kb",
I performed some test last night (after wiped partition and format fat32-32kbclusterSize like i said before with easus partition and re-copy back my .isos with DMTollbox)

- Now Skies Of Arcadia PAL Works Great

- F-Zero GX PAL Still shutdown the Wii after showing on two logos

- Baten Kaitos Disc1 PAL still shutdown the wii (but i can still play by first starting the disc2=>choose my save file=> then the system looks for the disc1 and always launch the game very well.

i just found Nintendon't great to reconize my hdd siince Dios mios don't.
i launch sometimes i launch nintendon't from usbloader gx and i have noticed that it set nintendon't language setting from AUTO to FRENCH...

My main issue now is about F-ZERO GX PAL, i have tested everything (video mode =forced --> NTSC/PAL60/MPAL) please a question: what is MPAL?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and undid a change that someone did on the compatibility list. They changed some games to doesn't work but didn't update the revision. they don't include a crash log. they didn't even include notes. And the worst part of it all was they didn't post their problems here for others to help.

It's best to assume every game that is marked green works. if you find a game that doesn't work then you need to post here so others can try to reproduce your error that you find. (include a memory card file if its far in the game)

Reactions: VinsCool

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
i have no idea when this started because i didn't test this game in a long while,
eternal darkess: almost inpossible to press R and L in menus to check i9nventory or save or whatnot (with ps3 and gc controllers native on/off)
also when hid is on and both gc and ps3 are plugged in the gc controller is being used

edit: also if cheats are enable and cheat file is not there, nintendont shutsdows on boot instead of ignoring cheats, after displaying memory card error!

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can check RE2 for you. I've never ever had issues with it or RE3 that weren't my own fault though.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Something on your side must be wrong, for me all versions, GX JAP, PAL, NTSC and AX run just fine.

Thank you for your report;
some information could really help me.
When your F-ZERO GX PAL works fine using Nintendon't, what is your:
- TV video mode
- Wii Video Mode
- Nintendon't version and Settings (all the settings, please)

I use standart nintendon't last release(no mastermode).
A cathodic 60Hz television with nintendo's YUV component cable.
Wii set on PAL60(420i)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for your report;
some information could really help me.
When your F-ZERO GX PAL works fine using Nintendon't, what is your:
- TV video mode
- Wii Video Mode
- Nintendon't version and Settings (all the settings, please)

I use standart nintendon't last release(no mastermode).
A cathodic 60Hz television with nintendo's YUV component cable.
Wii set on PAL60(420i)

everything also works for me and i have everything auto or off except mcemu but im using the original tv cables instead of component cables, when an iso starts shutting down your wii i experienced that with batman begins and it was the iso that got corruped on my hdd getting another solved my issue no idea why my hdd corrupted the iso until this day.

Reactions: masterpad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol