Hacking Nintendont

nonosto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for this excellent tools;

I have a problem with Ikaruga. I can go to option game, but when I try start game, practice or challenge game freeze. I use a SDHC 32GB SDcard Fat32 64 kb. I test the same configuration with otehr games like Super Mario Sunshine and run perfectly. I launch game from Usb Loader GX.

Other question can I run game directly from usb loader gx without going by Nintendont configuation

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this excellent tools;

I have a problem with Ikaruga. I can go to option game, but when I try start game, practice or challenge game freeze. I use a SDHC 32GB SDcard Fat32 64 kb. I test the same configuration with otehr games like Super Mario Sunshine and run perfectly. I launch game from Usb Loader GX.

Iso is trimmed?

Other question can I run game directly from usb loader gx without going by Nintendont configuation

Why is this question asked multiple times a day? Are people too lazy to go back 1 or 2 pages?

nonosto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks

Yes iso trimmed, I try it because on the compatibility list it's seems no problem.

Why is this question asked multiple times a day? Are people too lazy to go back 1 or 2 pages?

I just see how to run Nintendont from USB Loader GX but I dont see a direct launch from loader

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks

Yes iso trimmed, I try it because on the compatibility list it's seems no problem.
It might work compressed but it doesn't matter if your iso has bad compression.

I just see how to run Nintendont from USB Loader GX but I dont see a direct launch from loader

Someone asked the same question as you on the previous page and got an answer. You must enable autoboot

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to all that helped. It turned out the first two attempts were bad dumps, but the third time I got a clean dump. It's working fine now, even when trimmed.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks to all that helped. It turned out the first two attempts were bad dumps, but the third time I got a clean dump. It's working fine now, even when trimmed.
lots of wiis do bad dumps even with cleanrip is due to the dvd lens being old and having manny hours on them, i know ppl dont like this but even when i have the game itself i always fell safer downloading from a website rather than cleanripping since my wii dvd lens isnt on a very good condition.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lots of wiis do bad dumps even with cleanrip is due to the dvd lens being old and having manny hours on them, i know ppl dont like this but even when i have the game itself i always fell safer downloading from a website rather than cleanripping since my wii dvd lens isnt on a very good condition.
That's inconvenient. Oh well, guess I'll look into replacing the lens. Thank you.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 From my humble testing it appears that Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 only crashes the first time you run it (when there's no save data) then it seems to work most of the times (worked every other time I tried with a save data being created) maybe this is related? also coins work now, maybe I did something wrong the first time, I dunno. btw why is the announcer turned off if I may ask?
Also did you get any respond from the devs of Dolphin regarding Sonic Riders?

Anyway I did some more testing with Sonic Mega Collection, it is true that sometimes games don't work with audio in the final version, in which case if you "reset" the game it will crash unless you exit and start again, however this rarely happens now thankfully (it happens a lot in the proto and the noise issues are still present) anyway there's still the audio delay which from what I understand happens also in Devolution but you can easily fix that (temporarily) by bringing the Z menu and moving up and down then returning to the game.

btw I was wondering, this is not a request btw but just a curious question, does regular PSO work with Nintendont or is it only the plus version?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the situation: I boot a game, using nintendont app through homebrew channel, press "B" go to settings on nintendont and enable "HID". All goes fine.

But when booting another game the "HID" option on nitendont is turned off, altough I switched it to on previously.

@joostin / FIX94 I have tried to leave the "Hid" option on nintedont always on, but It always reset the setting to off. Is there a way to always leave that option turned on/ or Nintedont save that settings to "nincfg"?

Howard I would like to ask a feature on CFG usb loader. Could you please add the option to enable HID controls on nintedont?

So If I can enable it on CFG settings per game, I can save the option and it will automatically turn "HID" on.

Thank you all!!

CFG already has the ability to turn on HID.
Turn on "Alt Button Cfg" in the per game settings.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys know why when I open nintendont by itself it will say, after choosing USB "FAT *something* not found" and returns to the HC/crashes?
If I load the game from USB Loader GX (the only one that has been able to load GC games so far for me) it works fine.
I have been able to start Mario Sunshine via the second way (although it got stuck after the intro video, then I had to reset).

So if I was able to load it via Usb Loader GX it means
1. Nintendont is correctly installed
2. The game is fine (I checked MD5 with redump.org)

USB is a Canvio v3 USB 3.0 1 TB disk, single partition, FAT 32 @ 32kb cluster size. Games properly in USB1:/games/. Named properly as "title [id]/game.iso". Used latest rev 247 (IIRC), rev228, rev 246. They all say the same so I wonder if the crashing after reaching delfino island has to do with nintendont and the "FAT not found" whatever error (it is so fast I didnt memorize it).
Your answer is probably in the whole texr of the error message you replaced with *something*

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda WW (J) ran from Nintendont does not recognize the image of a memory card with a save game made with Zelda WW ran from the disc.

I recently purchased the Japanese version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (or rather, Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takuto) and started playing it. As my Wii is PAL, I run the disc via Gecko, which I start from the Homebrew Channel, to bypass the region block. The first time I played the game, I formatted a MC59 from within the game and saved the game progress there.

Now that I have a HDD connected to my Wii, I wanted to try playing GC games from iso files instead of their discs, and so tried Nintendont. I also dumped the MC59 to a raw image with GCMM 1.4, renamed the dump to GZLJ.raw and placed it in /saves.

Zelda WW (J) ran from Nintendont, itself ran from The Homebrew Channel, complains that the inserted memory card is corrupted, no matter whether I use the original MC59 in the MC slot, or whether I turn on Nintendont's Memory Card emulation with one MC per game.

Does anybody know why the game fails to recognize the save game only if ran through Nintendont, and a solution to that?

The first page of this thread states that I should try Dolphin's Memory Card Manager if the above method to migrate save games failed, but I do not have a Windows machine so I assume I cannot use that.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
quick question. is smash bros wii u still required to start to use the official gamecube adapter? thanks

No. In order to use the adapter do the following (have your wiiu connected to internet first):
- plug the adapter onto the wiiu
- load nintedont and go to settings menu by pressing "B" before loading a game
- go to update (press 1 or x)
- download controllers.zip
- restart nintendont
- boot a game and before it loads press "b" again
- go to settings and turn "hid" on
- press "b" and go gack to game list
- choose your game and enjoy it with gamecube adapter!
- thank nintendont dev's for their great work!

Reactions: SwedishGojira

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1