Hacking Nintendont

AlexandreKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sonic Adventure 2 Batle(NTSC/U) has Random crashes(there was a loud buzz when it freezes) in my SD card in 2.220(2219 too).

My SD card is 2GB Scandisk in FAT 16 with 32 cluster.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 thx a lot for those hardcoded widescreen patches really enjoying them right now. Work you've done on Nintendont is amazing man. Don't let shit put u down. U know how random shit is across the board especially with all the different setups & hardware with similarities and dissimilarities lol. Your the man fix and so are each and everyone one of u devs. Shit even Joostin is cool and I don't even like him... :P kidding just kidding ^_^

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not it cant you cant affect games with widescreen patch if its off, when widescreen is off teh entire thing is skipped so no that couldnt affect those sonic games and you have been saying this issues on and off on each rev and most of them never ever touched any game pathcing system just extras here and there so if you have widescreen off 219 to 220 has no diference at all when starting any game since the entire thing is skipped anyway.
Actually, it could. While the changes shouldn't affect anything, there are things that could have happened that would affect this. Uninitialized variables somewhere in the code might have random data in them. Memory might be accidentally corrupted somewhere (this one is seems especially possible to me, as a lot of the memory being used by Nintendont in the 0x9XXXXXXX range is being used without being allocated). While the code changes don't affect anything if widescreen is off, it's possible something else in the build process is messing things up.
Of course, it's also possible he's doing something wrong.
Howard attempting to reproduce the issue strikes me as a good idea.

I think the reaction was just because it was reported too many times. Personally, I think after it's been reported one time (if that) in this thread, just updating the compatibility list is all that's needed from them on. This is even more true if the status hasn't changed. Just update the last tested version in the compatibility list and skip bringing it up here. In this specific case, if the description of repeated breaking and fixing is accurate, a list of versions in the Notes would be enough. The line between helpfully reporting issues and pestering devs to fix things is blurry. Compatibility list updates are way more useful than posting in this thread. Best to stay as much to the helpful side as possible.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree but what makes me nervous is people updating the compatibility list with an issue that nobody else is having. Anyone with an issue should have it confirmed by others before an edit is made.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree but what makes me nervous is people updating the compatibility list with an issue that nobody else is having. Anyone with an issue should have it confirmed by others before an edit is made.

I agree with this. Also it's best to test with 2 different storage devices before posting your problem

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I went to try and reproduce what you were seeing and realized you didnt report which games had no sound. And if their not games that are unlocked at the start how about a save file that has them unlocked.
Uh, from my testing it was Sonic Spinball, though I'm not sure what other games had no sound, I can also send my save file though the game should be unlocked from the start, in any case here's my save: https://www.mediafire.com/?94rrxllrvu8exxl and many thanks.

The only "issue" that I have with these images (including the original one of the mod) is that the logo is too big. In my TV, a little bit of the top of the cube is cut. So maybe if the logo could be a little bit smaller, it would be shown in its entirety.
If you mean shrink the image so that the background would be bigger, that's easy to edit, make them bigger is the harder part.

I like the second and first one the most.
Quite good actually, it gives the feeling of the original Gamecube Boot, yet somehow accommodated for Nintendont.
Thanks, though I don't take credit for them, I only "cleaned" them up.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Uh, from my testing it was Sonic Spinball, though I'm not sure what other games had no sound.
How many times did you test? I ask because Sonic 3 didn't have sound when I first tried it but when I reloaded the game it had sound again, this later happened with Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles, it starts without sound on rare cases, at least on my side. Meaning that it could happen with any of the games but randomly.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
How many times did you test? I ask because Sonic 3 didn't have sound when I first tried it but when I reloaded the game it had sound again, this later happened with Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles, it starts without sound on rare cases, at least on my side. Meaning that it could happen with any of the games but randomly.
Honestly I tried only twice, but I can see that it happens on random, I mean after all they're just roms with an emulator so it shouldn't matter which game is which.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Adventure 2 Batle(NTSC/U) has Random crashes(there was a loud buzz when it freezes) in my SD card in 2.220(2219 too).

My SD card is 2GB Scandisk in FAT 16 with 32 cluster.
Weird, I never had any crashes with Nintendont with this game and I play it a lot, maybe if you can provide your save file so the devs can look into it?

ShadowFlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Okay, whatever...

In any case, the ID for Sonic Adventure Alpha is "RELSAB" and don't worry Fix I promise I won't bother you again with this :'(
Here's the problem BTW - RELSAB is the generic ID for anything created with GC SDK. I have a lot of various prototype/homebrew stuff with RELSAB ID.

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you mean shrink the image so that the background would be bigger, that's easy to edit, make them bigger is the harder part.

Yes, shrink the logo (more black background), that way on my TV it wouldn't cut on the top.
I can do that by myself, but I don't know how to compile Nintendont... (actually, I know how to compile, it's just that I don't have all the required files/libraries to compile it :P)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, shrink the logo (more black background), that way on my TV it wouldn't cut on the top.
I can do that by myself, but I don't know how to compile Nintendont... (actually, I know how to compile, it's just that I don't have all the required files/libraries to compile it :P)

Give me about 30 minutes for the smaller background.

Reactions: NicoCP

EthralSSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys have done such a great job with this I remember when I first used it and there weren't many games I had that worked now they all do so thanks for all the hardwork!

Give me about 30 minutes for the smaller background.
If you don't mind me asking what are you using to edit .dols I can't find anything to do it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go. New smaller BG for NicoCP and R219 with all 4 backgrounds from sonictopfan

As before just replace the boot.dol with the one from the archive.

Yes, I replace the background image and recompile the source.

Attachments

• Nintendont-R220-new-bg.zip
    918.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Nintendont-R219-BG1.zip
    917.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Nintendont-R219-BG2.zip
    928.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Nintendont-R219-BG3.zip
    911.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Nintendont-R219-BG4.zip
    989 KB · Views: 134

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpbRlIfowM&pp=ygUnQW5kIG5vIExpdHRsZSB0aW1teSBnbHVlZCB0byBoaXMgY3Jp...