Hacking Nintendont

jamen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having USB problems. I have an 8GB Gigaware usb drive that works without a problem. I borrowed a sandisk fit 32GB drive and I get 'checking fs' when loading games, regardless of cluster size. then on my own 32GB patriot drive nintendont takes a while to give me the option for usb/sd and fails to find the games directory even though it shows up for USB loader GX.

Why is it that some drives work and others don't and if yours is working, what drive are you using?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having USB problems. I have an 8GB Gigaware usb drive that works without a problem. I borrowed a sandisk fit 32GB drive and I get 'checking fs' when loading games, regardless of cluster size. then on my own 32GB patriot drive nintendont takes a while to give me the option for usb/sd and fails to find the games directory even though it shows up for USB loader GX.

Why is it that some drives work and others don't and if yours is working, what drive are you using?

I'm using a seagate backup plus desktop 2tb drive and it works AMAZING with Nintendont

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Amen
I told him people would LOVE the ability to change the Nintendont background:grog:

Yes, it would be another good addition in the future, with the option to show or not the text while loading a game. The rest of the UI, I think it's perfect as it is now, if we want something more complex... well, that's why loaders like USB Loader GX, CFG and Wiiflow exists :P But the ability to display only an image while loading a game (and not showing text) really looks nice and consistent when opening it from a loader, and remembers the original GameCube loading screen. I wonder what happens if you put an animated .gif as background. It would be awesome to view the little cube forming the GameCube logo ^_^. The text could be logged to a file or something, so if some problem occurs while loading a game, it's still be possible to know what happened.

Anyway, I understand that it would be more complex to code and debug, and the priority right now is complete the compatibility list. Give the possibility to the user to change the image could lead to other errors too.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would be another good addition in the future, with the option to show or not the text while loading a game. The rest of the UI, I think it's perfect as it is now, if we want something more complex... well, that's why loaders like USB Loader GX, CFG and Wiiflow exists :P But the ability to display only an image while loading a game (and not showing text) really looks nice and consistent when opening it from a loader, and remembers the original GameCube loading screen. I wonder what happens if you put an animated .gif as background. It would be awesome to view the little cube forming the GameCube logo ^_^. The text could be logged to a file or something, so if some problem occurs while loading a game, it's still be possible to know what happened.

Anyway, I understand that it would be more complex to code and debug, and the priority right now is complete the compatibility list. Give the possibility to the user to change the image could lead to other errors too.

The text is still logged, it just isn't displayed.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be pretty neat if Joostin could get a simple loading bar as Nintendont boots the game so we don't see all the kernel stuff booting (would look pretty neat when loading from another loader)

If you get an error it can just display the error below the loading bar

What do you guys think?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would be pretty neat if Joostin could get a simple loading bar as Nintendont boots the game so we don't see all the kernel stuff booting (would look pretty neat when loading from another loader)

What do you guys think?
I second tbis, although I don't think that removing the kernel loading options is a good idea...

What about making a switchable/toggable option that enables the Loading kernel text?

Reactions: NicoCP

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second tbis, although I don't think that removing the kernel loading options is a good idea...

What about making a switchable/toggable option that enables the Loading kernel text?
Loading bar on/off in the settings

If off it shows the kernel loading text. If on it shows the loading bar doing it's job

Would love this

Of course we have to wait to see if Joostin even wants to attempt this since it's up to him:P

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What do you guys think?
I think that removing the version from the screen on a program that changes about once a day is a bad idea.
I think that removing the compile date and time from the screen on a program that has muttiple custom builds is a bad idea.
I think that removing the messages from the screen that inform the user what the program is doing is a bad idea.
I think that relying on a log file in program whare you you cant guarente the write is actually saved to the media is a bad idea.
have you all forgotten All the requests for help before we added error messages that people could undrestand and try correcting them selves. The problems havent gone away or reduced in frequency. The messages you want to get rid of are allowing users to fix their own problems.
One of the common errors people ask for help with is "checking file system..." it isnt an actual error. it is just what it was trying to do. We dont get back an error. It actually dosent come back at all.
The same thing with when we tell users to plug in ther hid controller to the correct port. The message is displayed before we try accessing the controller because when we try accessing the controller it dosent come back until their is a controller. when the controller is plugged in we clear the message. When a controller is already plugged in the message is cleared faster than the user ever sees it.

IF you guys do try going with the log who is volunteering to to instruct users several time a day on how to access it?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
no one is asking to get rid of the verbose info while loading,
all that they ask is an option to hide it (verbose stays "on" by default)
ppl like custom stuff, so I see no harm if such option is there
on the same line of thought having the option to read the background and the font (font file, size and color) from a custom location like an ini file (before using the hardcoded ones) would open the door for themes and I'm sure ppl will start working on this instead of making custom builds
one last option would be loading video or animated gif file or progress bar (especially when coupled with usb loaders)
just a thought :)

Reactions: NicoCP

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howard

Have you read my follow-up post?

The simple loading bar is just to make it look nicer when booting for us normal users that don't experience problems when booting games. The errors and stuff are all their, just trying to make it looks a bit nicer

You can toggle it off in the settings to make it boot like every older revision.

Heres my really basic example

Edit: :ph34r:

Edit2: It might be a good idea to just keep overlapping the spot where errors go in my spoilers with what Nintendont is doing (so it doesn't list everything but you still see whats going on). Just thinking on how to make it look as nice as possible without having to completely redo the GUI.^_^

image.jpg

It goes up as Nintendont boots the game

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It shows an error like this
image.jpg
image.jpg
[/spoilers]

Reactions: NicoCP and VinsCool

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, from my testing it was Sonic Spinball, though I'm not sure what other games had no sound, I can also send my save file though the game should be unlocked from the start, in any case here's my save: https://www.mediafire.com/?94rrxllrvu8exxl and many thanks.
Just tried sonic spinball 6 times on 2.220 got no sound the first time and got sound the next 5. so its likely its not something that was changed in 2.220 that broke it, but a problem that has been their all along. causing it to work sometimes and not others.

Reactions: sonictopfan

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
for instance: if the "PrintInfo()" part used below is read from an ini before reading the defaults

PrintFormat(22, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 50*1, MENU_POS_Y + 50*1, "Nintendont Loader v%d.%d (%s)", NIN_VERSION>>16, NIN_VERSION&0xFFFF, IsWiiU() ? "Wii U" : "Wii");
PrintFormat(14, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 200*1, MENU_POS_Y + 40*2, "Custom Nunchuck Mod by Abz");

this is what you get:
2zr2sy8.jpg

otherwise if the ini is blank or absent you will see the default verbose screen
2v2761z.jpg

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wondering why is luigin mansion pal red in the compat list? i have seen several ppl saying they are playing the pal version so i wonder who put that game red out of a sudden.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to clarify that my Super Mario Sunshine problems are most likely related to me failing to delete the cache file - I will confirm this after work tonight!

Pearlized Pistol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game: Shadow the Hedgehog (USA)

Issue: Can't get Cheats to work with USB Loader GX, and when I click on the game, all of my settings are reset to default. Even changing them before boot doesn't help. Cheats will work when cheat files are copied to games/[GUPE8P] and booting from forwarder or HBC, but not through USB Loader GX.

Game ID: GUPE8P
Wii/Wii U: Wii U
Nintendon't Version: Current? (installed two days ago from google code page)
Last Known working revision: N/A
Loader Used: USB Loader GX
SD/USB: Sandisk 32 GB Ultra SDHC
ISO: Compressed? Not sure, size is 1.35GB
McEmu: Emu, 507 blocks
Native on/off: Off
Controller Used: Classic Controller Pro
HDMI/AV: HDMI
Cheats: On

Cheat Path: On

I'm trying really hard not to be annoying/nag, but I've tried everything...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/MAUykLIWi64