Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem, take your time, no rush.
I've got it. Rename every instance of PrintFormat in main.c with PrintFormat1 (you can use Ctrl+H in most editors), add
Code:
#define PrintFormat1(...) PrintFormat(__VA_ARGS__)
at the top of main.c (or anywhere before the main function), and add
Code:
#undef PrintFormat1
#define PrintFormat1(...)
after this line.

The pre-processor will automatically remove all the verbose info during the loading screen. The downside is no error messages. If you want error messages to show up, just leave them as PrintFormat

You might want to bookmark this, since it will NEVER be part of the official loader. Don't even expect it to be a setting.

AbdallahTerro you might find this useful.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dude, don't be raciest.

In any case, since it's been brought up, here's the full statues, just so I don't be the bad guy:

Game : Sonic Adventure DX (Alpha)
Describe Issue : Black screen at start
Game ID : RELSAB
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : 2.220
Last know working revision : 2.219
Loader used : Nintendont
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : WD My Passport 1TB Fat32 32 cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : compressed
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real Mem, 2MB
Native on/off : Off
Controller used if Native off : NGC Controller
AV/HDMI: AV

Game : Sonic Mega Collection
Describe Issue : Some games have no audio
Game ID : GSOE8P
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : 2.220
Last know working revision : 2.219
Loader used : Nintendont
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : WD My Passport 1TB Fat32 32 cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real Mem, 2MB
Native on/off : Off
Controller used if Native off : NGC Controller
AV/HDMI: AV

There, now that I have completed my task the right and acceptable way, I will no longer do any testing or reports, I apologize for all the drama I caused, thank you.
this reports make no sence its something on your side either your hdd or your isos becuase how can a widescreen addon which is preety much just added widescreen exceptions make a game loose sound or not boot? my guess is those games were always random thats why you keep going back and forth between working or not it has nothing to do with the revs if the games were always random with its issues.

Pearlized Pistol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game: Shadow the Hedgehog (USA)

Issue: Can't get Cheats to work with USB Loader GX, and when I click on the game, all of my settings are reset to default. Even changing them before boot doesn't help. Cheats will work when cheat files are copied to games/[GUPE8P] and booting from forwarder or HBC, but not through USB Loader GX.

Game ID: GUPE8P
Wii/Wii U: Wii U
Nintendon't Version: Current? (installed two days ago from google code page)
Last Known working revision: N/A
Loader Used: USB Loader GX
SD/USB: Sandisk 32 GB Ultra SDHC
ISO: Compressed? Not sure, size is 1.35GB
McEmu: Emu, 507 blocks
Native on/off: Off
Controller Used: Classic Controller Pro
HDMI/AV: HDMI
Cheats: On
Cheat Path: On

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can't legally use it, but check this background I made:
qt5fs8.png

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've got it. Rename every instance of PrintFormat in main.c with PrintFormat1 (you can use Ctrl+H in most editors), add
Code:
#define PrintFormat1(...) PrintFormat(__VA_ARGS__)
at the top of main.c (or anywhere before the main function), and add
Code:
#undef PrintFormat1
#define PrintFormat1(...)
after this line.

The pre-processor will automatically remove all the verbose info during the loading screen. The downside is no error messages. If you want error messages to show up, just leave them as PrintFormat

You might want to bookmark this, since it will NEVER be part of the official loader. Don't even expect it to be a setting.

AbdallahTerro you might find this useful.
Thanks for the info
I just commented the whole thing, if anything goes wrong I can always use an official dol to debug

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info
I just commented the whole thing, if anything goes wrong I can always use an official dol to debug
That works too, this is just a faster way to do it, which you'll want if you want to repeat the process for every update.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I know you can't legally use it, but check this background I made:
qt5fs8.png
I like this, though the Nintendont text is a little pixely, if you'd like I can make a more nicer one once I'm back from work, if you can apply it on r2.219 I'd like a copy.

this reports make no sence its something on your side either your hdd or your isos becuase how can a widescreen addon which is preety much just added widescreen exceptions make a game loose sound or not boot? my guess is those games were always random thats why you keep going back and forth between working or not it has nothing to do with the revs if the games were always random with its issues.
I don't know but every time I test the same results happen, also it could very well be those wide screen patches are someone cheat codes that can affect some other games maybe? Or maybe they affect the style the video uses, as for the sound issue it could be because the sound gets messed up in the emulator used in the game, I really don't know and believe me if I knew what the problem was I would have made a more proper report, but it doesn't matter now, like I said before rev2.219 works fine for me and I could care less for wide screen, I think this isn't very important as these games were designed to be played in 4:3 and forcing wide screen most likely will cause more trouble than it should, personally I just use 4:3 even on my sisters' wide screen TV, but that's just me.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this, though the Nintendont text is a little pixely, if you'd like I can make a more nicer one once I'm back from work, if you can apply it on r2.219 I'd like a copy.

The Nintendont text is pixelated because I don't know what font is being used so I took the HBC Nintendont Icon and stretched it over the word Nintendo.

Just keep in mind that you will have to use a loader like WiiFlow as the black text will be gone where the black background is.

EDIT: I got an idea, hang on.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any case, since it's been brought up, here's the full statues, just so I don't be the bad guy:
Can you edit your report to include some additional information.
When you tested in 2.220 was widescreen or any other non default option on?
If widescreen (or other options) was on does it have the same problem when widescreen is off?
In at least one of your reports you mentioned details about the vid mode seeming off before it died. but not in this report. It should be included. has the same vid problem been in every version that didnt work or has it changed?
What vid modes are you using and does changing them have any effect?
If the problem has come and gone based on the version including which versions worked and didnt work would also be helpfull.
The more details you give the easier it is to track down what is going on.

Reactions: sonictopfan

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendont text is pixelated because I don't know what font is being used so I took the HBC Nintendont Icon and stretched it over the word Nintendo.
GAMECUBEN DualSet is the closest legal imitation of the Gamecube font, and I think that's what crediar used for his icon.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I don't know but every time I test the same results happen, also it could very well be those wide screen patches are someone cheat codes that can affect some other games maybe? Or maybe they affect the style the video uses, as for the sound issue it could be because the sound gets messed up in the emulator used in the game, I really don't know and believe me if I knew what the problem was I would have made a more proper report, but it doesn't matter now, like I said before rev2.219 works fine for me and I could care less for wide screen, I think this isn't very important as these games were designed to be played in 4:3 and forcing wide screen most likely will cause more trouble than it should, personally I just use 4:3 even on my sisters' wide screen TV, but that's just me.
not it cant you cant affect games with widescreen patch if its off, when widescreen is off teh entire thing is skipped so no that couldnt affect those sonic games and you have been saying this issues on and off on each rev and most of them never ever touched any game pathcing system just extras here and there so if you have widescreen off 219 to 220 has no diference at all when starting any game since the entire thing is skipped anyway.

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How's this one?

I took the N and the T from the original logo and added it to the end.

jTLxdn.png

I really like this one as a background when loading a game! A few posts back, I asked if someone could help me to compile Nintendont, I wanted to do something like this - remove the loading text when loading a game and put a background like this one - :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof