Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. All the ones in the Nintendont svn had different PID's. Where is the controller.ini file for "Trust Predator Gamepad"?
I uploaded it to the google code page for you.
Do you have an automated way of renameing them and adding them to the zip? I have another half dozen I havent uploaded yet.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Native Control disable Memory card emulation?
I don't remember (based on user's comments) if it's linked to the memory card or only to the controllers.
I'm trying to list on first post all disabled options when using Native control.

You can enable Real Memory card without using Native Control, right?
Real card was added in the same revision as PATCHSI so it's confusing without testing (I didn't launch nintendont recently).
In case my last reply wasn't clear enough, the memory cards and devices connected to the memory card slots (EXI devices: e.g. Mics) aren't affected by Native Controls. In fact, if you want to use a Mic, you have to disable emulated memory cards. Also, maybe it was just me, but Nintendont freezes when booting if there's a Mic in MemCard Slot B when booting with Loading Patched Kernel... -1, emulated MemCards or not. After booting, either Slot can be used for Mics.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
sonic dx started working on 164 go from there i guess.
Tested r164 Chao Race didn't crash, tried a couple of races and they seem to work fine, then I tried 181 (since I have it as a back up for being the latest stable version from my testing) and went to check the Chao Race again, at first it seemed to work but then halfway through the race game froze while BGM was still going, I guess somewhere between r164 and r181 Sonic Adevnture Chao Race got broken, confirm?

ShadowOne333 I took your advice and switched to 8 mb for my emumem, I hope I don't run out of space fast, it's just I have so many games :P

Speaking of which, I just got Doraemon: Minna de Asobou! game works fine, it's a fun little game actually, platformer (with some run & gun) with lots of fun mini games, reminds me of the Genesis Doraemon game, uh good memories...

On a different note, can anyone tell me why the hell do I get logged out of GBATemp a lot?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested r164 Chao Race didn't crash, tried a couple of races and they seem to work fine, then I tried 181 (since I have it as a back up for being the latest stable version from my testing) and went to check the Chao Race again, at first it seemed to work but then halfway through the race game froze while BGM was still going, I guess somewhere between r164 and r181 Sonic Adevnture Chao Race got broken, confirm?

ShadowOne333 I took your advice and switched to 8 mb for my emumem, I hope I don't run out of space fast, it's just I have so many games :P

Speaking of which, I just got Doraemon: Minna de Asobou! game works fine, it's a fun little game actually, platformer with lots of fun mini games, reminds me of the Genesis Doraemon game, uh good memories...
Good!
I've been using 8 MB since that time you had issues with disc swapping and so far I don't have anything to blame on MC emu.

Reactions: sonictopfan

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an automated way of renameing them and adding them to the zip? I have another half dozen I havent uploaded yet.

It looks like he will store the .ini somewhere online and let Nintendont update the file now, you should be able to add to it as you please when that happens I suppose.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I just enabled the Preview side-bar on Windows Explorer so I could view the ID's when naming them. It made the process pretty fast.

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do not use WBFS partition format anymore, it corrupts games (or don't be afraid about reinstalling games from time to time). just use FAT32 for Wii games too.

formating to FAT32 should have worked, did you format using MBR or GPT?
You need to format to Primary (not logical/extended/GPT), FAT32, 32k/cluster (64k works with nintendont but it's probably a good idea to use 32k if you intend to use this drive with other homebrew too).

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I tried formatting it using the tool FAT32formatter1.1 and Wii Backup Manager. But neither works. I now have one fat32 partition with only the games folder on it but nintendont still does not recognize it. On the other hand I tried using a usb stick which worked perfectly fine.
I'm a bit confused why this won't work, since it did the first time. I'll try to format the drive once more in linux to see if that makes any difference.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I tried formatting it using the tool FAT32formatter1.1 and Wii Backup Manager. But neither works. I now have one fat32 partition with only the games folder on it but nintendont still does not recognize it. On the other hand I tried using a usb stick which worked perfectly fine.
I'm a bit confused why this won't work, since it did the first time. I'll try to format the drive once more in linux to see if that makes any difference.

Try format32gui it's on nintendont.net under the section "Getting Started"

Reactions: cvskid

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested Avatar: Last Airbender on 2.192, still freezes on loading first stage for me.
The game wasn't tested since 1.132 so I had hope but nope.

ukulelehippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote from First Page:

• Nintendont always freezes at "Loading Patched Kernel... -1":
If The Homebrew Channel has a custom theme applied, reload the default bubble theme, or another custom theme, and try again.

As far as I know I don't have a custom theme applied. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff. How do I go about reloading the default bubble theme? Thanks for all the help.

ukulelehippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the channels save file (not the channel but it's save file)
System Settings>Delete the save>profit.

I believe I did that. (Went to settings on regular Wii menu. Data management, on wii (not actual channels), deleted Homebrew Channel save info). No dice. Still getting frozen on loading patched kernel.

PS Thanks for helping me out

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I loaded the HBC Classic Theme to change themes, and I'm still getting the same issue. "Loading Patched Kernel . . . -1" freezing.

The -1 error has always been very unknown. Nintendont works perfectly on my Wii U but it's very picky on my Wii. Sometimes it works but sometimes it gives kernel -1 error. using same setup except my Wii doesn't have any custom ios installed

ukulelehippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The -1 error has always been very unknown. Nintendont works perfectly on my Wii U but it's very picky on my Wii. Sometimes it works but sometimes it gives kernel -1 error. using same setup except my Wii doesn't have any custom ios installed

Any advice? Is there a way to do a 'hard reset' so to speak?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?