Hacking Nintendont

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
just wanted to report that progressive scan no longer works (noticed it in r80). when i boot up melee, it usually asks if i want to enable progressive scan, but i no longer see this. even when i change the progressive option in the loader, it does not work. thanks for the continued efforts!

I wonder if this is also why my modifications to display MKGP Arcade in progressive didn't work? hmm

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wondering, would it be feasible to use the WiiU Pro Controller not only with Nintendont but with Wii games too (like a Classic Controller)?

Well, the games itself do all the bluetooth stuff so I guess you would need to do some heavy modifications for every game.
Also to give a status update, I now get regular updates from the bluetooth device and it regonizes when I press the sync button on my wii.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, the games itself do all the bluetooth stuff so I guess you would need to do some heavy modifications for every game.

Without risking stepping too far off-topic, couldn't a CIOS module "simply" (I use this lightly, since there'd be work involved) convert the Wii U Pro Controller's data into a classic controller's, and feed that to the Wii game? There's still the problem of games trying to read the calibration data though, which immediately disconnects the Pro Controller..

In any case, great news, and please keep working on it. :yaysp:

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys i tested Nintendont from homebrew channel again, and i have a couple of issues...
First problem is that i get a red colored screen (NTSC isos on a PAL Wii), is there a way to patch the video like i do on USBLGX? Other games like SM Sunshine (PAL, ripped by my physical copy) play fine.
Second issue is that the games have garbled music and make a screetching sound.
Am i right in thinking it is a fault of my external HDD? (2.5'', 5400rpm Intenso drive). I assume this, cause while this HDD is lightning fast for Wii games and GX, in certain GC games for devolution, as well as some games in WiiSX it reads noticeably slower that my (now defunct) WD 3.5'' 7200rpm drive. Perhaps it is due to how those apps stream data... Unfortunately Dios Mios does not work with my 2.5'' HDD so i am trying to have some of the former DM games playable via Nintendont.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys i tested Nintendont from homebrew channel again, and i have a couple of issues...
First problem is that i get a red colored screen (NTSC isos on a PAL Wii), is there a way to patch the video like i do on USBLGX? Other games like SM Sunshine (PAL, ripped by my physical copy) play fine.
Am i right in thinking it is a fault of my external HDD? (2.5'', 5400rpm Intenso drive). I assume this, cause while this HDD is lightning fast for Wii games and GX, in certain GC games for devolution, as well as some games in WiiSX it reads noticeably slower that my (now defunct) WD 3.5'' 7200rpm drive. Perhaps it is due to how those apps stream data... Unfortunately Dios Mios does not work with my 2.5'' HDD so i am trying to have some of the former DM games playable via Nintendont.

You can choose the video mode in nintendont settings before loading a game. Not sure about the sound issues, maybe trying to delete the nincfg before loading nintendont.

Btw, are you using the latest version of loadergx? It's been a really long time since I got a dsi exception

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Here is my "controller.ini", it works!, but no rumble:
controller:
control-genius-maxfire-g-12u-vibration-usb-gamepd-2137-MCO4782583522_082013-F.jpg

[Edualls Genius maxfire]
VID=0583
PID=A009
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
X=5,02
A=5,01
Y=5,08
B=5,04
Z=5,20
L=5,40
R=5,80
S=6,01
P=6,04
Left=4,06
Down=4,04
Right=4,02
Up=4,00
RightUp=4,01
DownRight=4,03
DownLeft=4,05
UpLeft=4,07
StickX=0
StickY=1
CStickX=2
CStickY=3
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
DigitalLR=1

Reactions: Lerhein

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like you have an old version of nintendont. Latest is 1.83, you can find it here

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
On 1.83 Batman Begins still have problems with save/loading save game, also problems with audio synchro etc.

suomynonanum2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to update everyone on the progressive issue i've been having. progressive mode *does* work in all versions up to the latest (r83), but your wii must have been set to display progressive (480p) in the wii's system menu. this is unlike dios mios where it'll detect progressive regardless, but the feature doesn't seem to be broken if that's how it's intended to work. my system settings must've been switched some time between updates, so sorry about that. also, excited to see work being done on bluetooth. keep it up!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just wanted the save but thanks anyway.

There you go, I managed to get the game running on my Old Wii at my parent's house and verified that it has EVERYTHING unlocked.
Here, just unrar the document and copy the save file to the /saves folder in your device. :)

Attachments

• GUPE.rar
    197.1 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: SuperrSonic

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sounds like you have an old version of nintendont. Latest is 1.83, you can find it here

He was using 1.60 on purpose to try Burnout 2. The sound issues shouldn't be present in that one.

your wii must have been set to display progressive (480p) in the wii's system menu. this is unlike dios mios where it'll detect progressive regardless, but the feature doesn't seem to be broken if that's how it's intended to work.

It makes sense.. if you can have your wii on 480p, why would you leave it in 480i and then expect progressive to work? I understand in your case it might have been an accidental switch, but still I think it's normal to assume that if 480p isn't enabled it's because you can't display it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
still looking for someone that has a metroid prime save anywhere would be apreciated since i dont want to start from scratch tough.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
still looking for someone that has a metroid prime save anywhere would be apreciated since i dont want to start from scratch tough.

Try gamefaqs or googling. I think starting over would be faster than waiting or looking for someone that got to that particular point in the story

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do
I do have both Metroid Prime's completed at a 100%. Only thing is that you would have to "inject" the saves in the .raw file that Nintendon't creates for you, because I use the .raw of my Memory Card dump for Devolution, not the .raw that Nintendon't creates.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i know gamefaqs has saves but i dont want a 100% save at all a 50% would be fine i lost my save when i was around 60% of the game and starting from scratch hurts :S

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
There is bound to be a save on the net around 50-60%. Hope u get what your looking for. I prefer to play the Metroid games on the Wii through MP Trilogy so I won't really be testing those games, I prefer the better controls and sharper graphics.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i know gamefaqs has saves but i dont want a 100% save at all a 50% would be fine i lost my save when i was around 60% of the game and starting from scratch hurts :S

You do know that the percentage given by the game is the percentage of items gotten and not the actual progress right?
So a person's 50% completion would be with completely different items that the ones you got in your 50% save.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

That's why I say, you'll get there faster starting over rather than waiting for someone who just got to that part. Besides the game is fun, I don't mind starting over games that I enjoy.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You do know that the percentage given by the game is the percentage of items gotten and not the actual progress right?
So a person's 50% completion would be with completely different items that the ones you got in your 50% save.

i know i was at the point of the thermal vision

That's why I say, you'll get there faster starting over rather than waiting for someone who just got to that part. Besides the game is fun, I don't mind starting over games that I enjoy.
well thansk for the advice i just hopped someone was playing metroid here or so thats why i asked xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~