Hacking Nintendont

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i'm now at pichilemu so i have no my wiiU there. but you may remember that you told me to test the rev 12, and forth, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22, blah blah blah
but for games like billy hatcher, shadow the hedgehog, sonic heroes. battle DON, kirby, doesnt' work
billy hatcher has corrupt audio and doesnt freeze after intro audio
shadow has corrupt audio, plays very slow and the floor doesnt load so you fall into abyss
sonic heroes freezes after saving game, or when selecting a team, corrupt auido
DON doesnt load
kirby freezes after saying yes to progresive scan mode, corrupt audio
and sonic riders plays glitchy, the controls are like if you where always pressing L or R button, which makes you stop, corrupt audio
so if the problem isnt because i used a microSD adapter, then the problem should be the isos... they where transformed to play in diosmios, and the isos where dumped from old pirated disc (very longs history)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm now at pichilemu so i have no my wiiU there. but you may remember that you told me to test the rev 12, and forth, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22, blah blah blah
but for games like billy hatcher, shadow the hedgehog, sonic heroes. battle DON, kirby, doesnt' work
billy hatcher has corrupt audio and doesnt freeze after intro audio
shadow has corrupt audio, plays very slow and the floor doesnt load so you fall into abyss
sonic heroes freezes after saving game, or when selecting a team, corrupt auido
DON doesnt load
kirby freezes after saying yes to progresive scan mode, corrupt audio
and sonic riders plays glitchy, the controls are like if you where always pressing L or R button, which makes you stop, corrupt audio
so if the problem isnt because i used a microSD adapter, then the problem should be the isos... they where transformed to play in diosmios, and the isos where dumped from old pirated disc (very longs history)

NTSC or PAL? I have tested Shadow the Hedgehog and kirby air ride and both work perfect besides corrupt audio. 98% of games I try have corrupt audio

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
NTSC or PAL? I have tested Shadow the Hedgehog and kirby air ride and both work perfect besides corrupt audio. 98% of games I try have corrupt audio

ntsc-u, if i used them to play dios mios, i wouldnt try to play in pal, dios mios was broken enough with ntsc

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntsc-u, if i used them to play dios mios, i wouldnt try to play in pal, dios mios was broken enough with ntsc

I put 80% of the games on the compatibility list and I dumped them all from my own disks using CleanRip

Dump with CleanRip-->Shrink with gcit-->convert with DiskEX

you can test either Kirby Air Ride or Shadow the Hedgehog like that and I know they both work but have corrupted audio

IMHO fixing all the crashes and compatibility issues is more important than fixing the sound

RareCandyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me make sure I have the facts right here:

The only requirement for making a controller comparable is that it use USB and be HID compliant? Are most USB controllers that are not the official Xbox controllers HID compliant? Is there a special way to know or do they tell you somewhere whether the specific controller is HID compliant?

Sorry for asking questions that I'm sure are beating a dead horse, I just want to make sure I'm not misinformed before I go out and purchase a USB game pad to use on both Steam games and Nintendont.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me make sure I have the facts right here:

The only requirement for making a controller comparable is that it use USB and be HID compliant? Are most USB controllers that are not the official Xbox controllers HID compliant? Is there a special way to know or do they tell you somewhere whether the specific controller is HID compliant?

Sorry for asking questions that I'm sure are beating a dead horse, I just want to make sure I'm not misinformed before I go out and purchase a USB game pad to use on both Steam games and Nintendont.

You can use HIDTest to see if a controller is compatible but you need to own the controller to test it

RareCandyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been addressed, I am just looking for 100% clarity before I go out and purchase a USB controller for this and I couldn't find anything that made me sure enough:

As far as controllers go, the list on the OP isn't inclusive, it's only controllers that have been physically tested correct? And any generic USB controller should work, right?
You can use HIDTest to see if a controller is compatible but you need to own the controller to test it

Right, but that would involve buying and unboxing a controller without being sure. I'm currently looking at a logitech pad that has an Xinput and a Directinput mode, would the direct input mode be compatible? Or is HID compliance something else?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been addressed, I am just looking for 100% clarity before I go out and purchase a USB controller for this and I couldn't find anything that made me sure enough:

As far as controllers go, the list on the OP isn't inclusive, it's only controllers that have been physically tested correct? And any generic USB controller should work, right?

Right, but that would involve buying and unboxing a controller without being sure. I'm currently looking at a logitech pad that has an Xinput and a Directinput mode, would the direct input mode be compatible? Or is HID compliance something else?

Thats correct, the ones on the OP have been tested and working. You must buy the controller to test it sadly

getting a working usb adapter for a gamecube controller would be the only controller I would be looking at for Nintendont

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

If I remember right, the Directinput method is HID compatible and the Xinput method is more like XBox controllers.
(I can't be 100% sure on that though and might even have gotten them backwards)

EDIT : looks like I was a little confused there. That has more to do with how you program for them in windows. :( nevermind

RareCandyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember right, the Directinput method is HID compatible and the Xinput method is more like XBox controllers.
(I can't be 100% sure on that though and might even have gotten them backwards)

EDIT : looks like I was a little confused there. That has more to do with how you program for them in windows. :( nevermind

I knew that much, but I was wondering if that Direct Input mode is what constitutes the HID compliance. The specific pad I'm looking at is a logitech F310, and the logi F510 is on the list already so I feel pretty comfortable about it and might just go for it.

My other option at this point would be buying a Wii U Pro controller in hopes that Ninendont will eventually support it, as that way with one purchase I could have a controller to use with my Wii U, PC (There are programs that emulate Xinput on WUP controllers for PC), and HOPEFULLY one day vWii and Nintendont as well. Those last two are physically possible, just not worked out yet, right? Or are there hardware limitations that make them impossible? I'm just trying to kill as many birds with a single stone as I can, sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, and thanks for your input!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm late to the party, as always, last night I tried installing Nintendont on my Wii, first thing I noticed is it only shows the games on the SD (which in this case are the TriForce games) I copied one game to test it which was Super Monkey Ball, game started then crashed at the SEGA logo with a noise.

1- Is there a way to run the games on the USB instead? it'll make things easier to test.
2- Is there like a compatibility list for Nintendont?
3- What are the supported controllers? I tried with a GC controller btw!

Thanks!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm late to the party, as always, last night I tried installing Nintendont on my Wii, first thing I noticed is it only shows the games on the SD (which in this case are the TriForce games) I copied one game to test it which was Super Monkey Ball, game started then crashed at the SEGA logo with a noise.

1- Is there a way to run the games on the USB instead? it'll make things easier to test.
2- Is there like a compatibility list for Nintendont?
3- What are the supported controllers? I tried with a GC controller btw!

Thanks!

all your questions are answered in the first post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43