Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks

You have remember that crediar has dropped the project and it has been picked up by JoostinOnline on here. He may not ever get around to it because the code of Nintendont is a disaster to understand.

If you want me to check compatibility of some games then post the names here, I have all first party and most popular 3rd party games on the gamecube

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
"will" is used for both HID and GC controllers in the sentence which caused the confusion.
a better sentence should be"The Wii-version currently supports USB-controllers and may support Gamecube Controllers in the future"

I have around 35 games (top 25 and best selling titles and few customs) all work fine with DML, no USB controller around to test Nintendont, but I'm interested because this is the best option for my friends with 2 new wiis without GC slots.

I might get a PS2 or PS3 controller soon to check this out
Thanks for keeping this project alive

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel sad that Crediar is no longer working on this, but I still have faith in the project, it's still in its early stages and is already showing promise now if only someone steals the source code for Devolotion anyway I'll keep an eye on this, for the moment DM(L) works great for me but I'm preparing to get a Wii U sometime this year, I already have a PS3 so I have two controllers but my only issue to use PS3 controllers is when you play Mario Party and it tells you to quickly press "Y" and you end up pressing "[ ]" instead XD

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then you should edit first post
"Yes. Wii and WiiU will use the same build.
The Wii-version will support USB-controllers and Gamecube Controllers."

The first post is correct. The Wii version is working fine with Gamecube Controllers.
You need to disable the "HID" option in the settings if you want to use the Gamecube controller.

By default, nintendont use the gamecube controller, like DIOS MIOS/Lite/Devo.
If you want to use an USB controller instead, enable the HID setting.

On WiiU, the HID is automatically enabled, even if you didn't manually enabled it in the settings.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The first post is correct. The Wii version is working fine with Gamecube Controllers.
You need to disable the "HID" option in the settings if you want to use the Gamecube controller.

By default, nintendont use the gamecube controller, like DIOS MIOS/Lite/Devo.
If you want to use an USB controller instead, enable the HID setting.

On WiiU, the HID is automatically enabled, even if you didn't manually enabled it in the settings.
it worked now thanks :)
however looks like no real GC memory card support, games either freeze or give a mem-card not supported message

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, real gamecube card are not supported :(
I had to use GCMM1.4b to extract my saves to .gci
then used Dolphin's Memcard management tool to inject .gci into Nintendont's Memcard.raw

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know if Nintedont is compatible with the Twin USB port that holds 2 PS2 controllers? If not, could it be implemented so that it is compatible with Nintendont??? Thank you!:lol:
adaptor-fixed.jpg
It worksss!!!! I have finally hacked my Wii U (vWii) and installed nintendont and yes, it works) I used ps2.ini file!

Cheers

Reactions: kimotori

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess