Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is what happens when i try to boot 007 agent under fire on 1.85 on the wiiu with ps3 controller

Attachments

• 007 under fire.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 416

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii-u formats the entire drive. I've tried partitioning it before and it still formats the whole thing. I even tried letting the wiiu format then resizing and it prompted me to format again. At this point there's no way to use the HDD for actual wiiu storage AND use it for game backups (or anything else for that matter) once the wiiu formats the drive you can't add anything else without formatting on a PC which would undo Wii-u storage.

Aw bummer. Thanks for answering!

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The wii-u formats the entire drive. I've tried partitioning it before and it still formats the whole thing. I even tried letting the wiiu format then resizing and it prompted me to format again. At this point there's no way to use the HDD for actual wiiu storage AND use it for game backups (or anything else for that matter) once the wiiu formats the drive you can't add anything else without formatting on a PC which would undo Wii-u storage.

Aw bummer. Thanks for answering!

I thought that whole Ustealth stuff was intended to help users avoid the whole formatting thing since it hides the partition where you have your backups. Not sure if there's official support for it in nintendont (as in "the devs added the patch to the released version") but I think Maxternal made a patch to compile nintendont and allow the use of Ustealth-hidden partitions. maybe you'd want to look into that.

Dopy25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that whole Ustealth stuff was intended to help users avoid the whole formatting thing since it hides the partition where you have your backups. Not sure if there's official support for it in nintendont (as in "the devs added the patch to the released version") but I think Maxternal made a patch to compile nintendont and allow the use of Ustealth-hidden partitions. maybe you'd want to look into that.
That's right but he asked if it's possible to use the HDD for wiiu stuff, like downloaded shop channel stuff and saves (I think, I honestly don't know what the wiiu uses an external for) AND backed up games. The thing is, you can't do both. Ustealth will hide the partition from the wiiu which would make it not recognized even if it could work.

Also, maternal is the one for ustealth I think, and it hasn't gone into every revision.

I didn't know he made a patch to compile the current sources and ustealth into one, that's pretty awesome. I might look into that. Never compiled it myself but I just might if that's really the case. Thank you.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I download v1.83? I just checked the compatibility list, and noticed stat wars rogue squadron 2 & 3 are playable and I'd like to test it.

The latest version as of today does not boot them.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is not a big user interface... so i guess it will be pretty quick? xD

Indeed, translating the screen messages isn't that hard, the problem would be adding a language setting (not sure it's possible without having to exit and re-enter the loader) or a flag in the xml to set the language at the loader's boot... I think I wouldn't have much trouble doing that, but honestly, i don't see the point, the words used in the app are all too easy to understand even for spanish speakers with low knowledge of english.

Edit: actually, it should be possible to add a setting in nintendont that would clear the screen and print the strings in the new language when it's changed. But again, it's a piece of code I don't think it's really needed.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Protect Fake Interrupt values.
-Don't overwrite 0x80000014 if in use
DI doesn't use Fake Interrupt. Remove reference.
Turn off log in official build.
-It can slow down games during launch which causes errors.
Moved specific patches from Mario Strikers to generic method.
-Probably need to find more variants. Found some for Luigi's Mansion
Minor SI tweaks.
Added ARQPostRequest patch back to Luigis Mansion, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pikmin.

TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if it's possible to put games in an ipod?, i tried putting a compressed Mario Party 7, but i think i did something wrong as Nintendont told me that there was no games directory or nothing in the USB port.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know if it's possible to put games in an ipod?, i tried putting a compressed Mario Party 7, but i think i did something wrong as Nintendont told me that there was no games directory or nothing in the USB port.

You mean to use it as an usb storage device? I guess you have to format it to FAT32 first, if it's possible. I did find a couple of posts regarding that matter, but didn't look at it on detail so it's up to you to make some research.

TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean to use it as an usb storage device? I guess you have to format it to FAT32 first, if it's possible. I did find a couple of posts regarding that matter, but didn't look at it on detail so it's up to you to make some research.
That's the problem, i can't do it right now, i'm on test week at my school, huge history test about Greek history, Math trigonometry and Spanish ortography rules, so to sum it up, i can't do it, at least not now, and yes, i meant to use it as a USB storage device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway