Hacking Nintendont

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some time ago @NoobletCheese reported a problem related to the deflicker filter and PAL games with hz selector. He was said that when selecting between 50/60hz the deflciker filter is reactivated if you select 60hz having the option previously established in the Nintendont configuration (Force PAL60 and Deflciker off) instead if you select 50hz the filter is not reactivated (this action will not runs to 50hz since it omits it by having the option forcing 60hz from the Nintendont options).
So I was wondering if this issue can be fixed in future updates because not many new users (maybe most European players) realize this.

Ah yeah I remember that issue: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/post-9403606

An easy global solution would be to neuter GXSetCopyFilter as per: https://gbatemp.net/threads/possibl...de-flicker-filter.477163/page-10#post-9492091

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to remap the buttons on my PS4 controller, but nothing I've done has changed or fixed anything. Can anyone go in depth on the steps needed to do this? I've been trying to learn what I'm missing all day, but everything that should work just doesn't.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to remap the buttons on my PS4 controller, but nothing I've done has changed or fixed anything. Can anyone go in depth on the steps needed to do this? I've been trying to learn what I'm missing all day, but everything that should work just doesn't.
Source code? The wii and wiiu controls are in PadReadGC.c

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source code? The wii and wiiu controls are in PadReadGC.c
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. I meant I've been messing with the .ini files and mix n matching all the possible instructions for a solution. I'm super new to this, and I just wanted to swap around the buttons when playing GC games with my PS4 controller.
Post automatically merged:

I've triple checked everything, even making sure I'm on controller_ps4v2.ini and not the old version. I made the controller.ini on the SD root, and have a "controllers" folder with 054C_09CC.ini, and already tried multiple rename attempts with just the default name to see if it works. I made sure to edit the file and swap the numbers for the buttons I want for all of them, even in the main folder full of all the .ini files in the controller configs for the tester. But every time I open it up and test my inputs, nothing changes. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm not seeing? Outdated instructions, or missing information I should get? The only thing that stands out to me was the 'MultiIn not found' but the .ini doesn't come with that so I assume that's normal.

Last edited by NOT_ALEXANDER,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that Nintendont is ignoring your custom .ini files since they are already internally coded to Nintendont. What @godreborn is saying is that you may need to modify the Nintendont source code of that controller and recompile for your changes to take effect.

I think that Nintendont should allow external controller inis to override internally coded ones.

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that Nintendont is ignoring your custom .ini files since they are already internally coded to Nintendont. What @godreborn is saying is that you may need to modify the Nintendont source code of that controller and recompile for your changes to take effect.

I think that Nintendont should allow external controller inis to override internally coded ones.
I see. Where would I look exactly to start modifying?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. I meant I've been messing with the .ini files and mix n matching all the possible instructions for a solution. I'm super new to this, and I just wanted to swap around the buttons when playing GC games with my PS4 controller.

I've triple checked everything, even making sure I'm on controller_ps4v2.ini and not the old version. I made the controller.ini on the SD root, and have a "controllers" folder with 054C_09CC.ini, and already tried multiple rename attempts with just the default name to see if it works. I made sure to edit the file and swap the numbers for the buttons I want for all of them, even in the main folder full of all the .ini files in the controller configs for the tester. But every time I open it up and test my inputs, nothing changes. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm not seeing? Outdated instructions, or missing information I should get? The only thing that stands out to me was the 'MultiIn not found' but the .ini doesn't come with that so I assume that's normal.
you need to use the ps4 .ini change it and then rename it to "controller.ini" and place it on the root of the sd/usb

no you dont need to edit the source code to change hid controllers buttoms... its just that when there isnt a file named controller.ini on the root nintendont just reads inis from memory changing files on controllers.zip files doesn't change anything, they are there so people have base files to edit if they want.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@NOT_ALEXANDER said he had a controller.ini at the root of the SD card and it didn't work.
then his controller ini was not the right one or he was actually loading the iso on usb, there are several controller.inis for ps4 with different pid/vid he probably is editing the wrong one.

ps4.ini has pid/vid 054c/05c4
ps4ini v2 is for newer dualshocks and has pid/vid 054c/09cc

if he has an original dualshock instead of the revision then changing the iniv2 wont make anything happen. since his controller wont load v2 if its a v1 controller.

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then his controller ini was not the right one or he was actually loading the iso on usb, there are several controller.inis for ps4 with different pid/vid he probably is editing the wrong one.

ps4.ini has pid/vid 054c/05c4
ps4ini v2 is for newer dualshocks and has pid/vid 054c/09cc

if he has an original dualshock instead of the revision then changing the iniv2 wont make anything happen. since his controller wont load v2 if its a v1 controller.
I did take the original .ini from the original 'controllerconfigs' and rename it to controller.ini though, and I put it on the SD card root. I actually did make the mistake of not using version 2 and corrected myself, but even after fixing that mistake nothing changed. I then tried adding the 'controllers' folder on the root, and put it a copy of that .ini, renamed with the PIV_VID numbers (or whatever its called) and it still didn't change my buttons. I'm not sure what else I'm missing. Also I am trying to use the ps4 controller while it's connected by the USB if that matters, I assumed that's the only way to play Gamecube since I haven't seen any other method.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did take the original .ini from the original 'controllerconfigs' and rename it to controller.ini though, and I put it on the SD card root. I actually did make the mistake of not using version 2 and corrected myself, but even after fixing that mistake nothing changed. I then tried adding the 'controllers' folder on the root, and put it a copy of that .ini, renamed with the PIV_VID numbers (or whatever its called) and it still didn't change my buttons. I'm not sure what else I'm missing. Also I am trying to use the ps4 controller while it's connected by the USB if that matters, I assumed that's the only way to play Gamecube since I haven't seen any other method.
do you acutally know if your dualshock 4 is v1 or v2? did you chcked the pid/vid on any app? or you are just guessing?

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you acutally know if your dualshock 4 is v1 or v2? did you chcked the pid/vid on any app? or you are just guessing?
I used the HIDTest like it was recommended. I realized eventually I do have a v2, and then got the most recent .ini from the github. Even right now I'm doing it again and I see VID:054C PID:09CC. But again after what I thought were the proper steps, nothing changed when I went back to the test or a game.

I'm still trying to find the problem, but in case anyone thinks it's important I wrote down what the test says.

HIDTest
Built : Apr 20 2014 00:24:40
Version : 0.6
Firmware: 55.22.31

Entry:"MultiIn" not found!
HIDVersion:40001
Getting list of HID compatible devices...
DeviceID:0
VID:054C PID:09CC
HIDVers:3 IntClass:0 SubIntClass:0
Using config values
bEndpointAddress:84
wMaxPacketSize :64
Polltype:1
DPAD:1

Then below it is the usual values for the buttons, none of which have ever been affected by any of my edits.

Also just going to paste my edits to the .ini incase I'm just being blind and not seeing the problem

[DualShock 4v2]
VID=054C
PID=09CC
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=2
Power=6,10
A=5,80
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,20
Z=6,02
L=8,F0
R=9,F0
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=1
StickY=2
CStickX=3
CStickY=4
LAnalog=8
RAnalog=9

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I could try to find it, but I can't guarantee anything. I would need to know what you want changed. I do not know if that file I mentioned affects other system controllers or not. I just know that cc, cc pro, wiiu pro controller, gamepad, and wiimote are in there.

I'm assuming that the ps4 controller is lumped into bt controllers.

Last edited by godreborn,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could try to find it, but I can't guarantee anything. I would need to know what you want changed. I do not know if that file I mentioned affects other system controllers or not. I just know that cc, cc pro, wiiu pro controller, gamepad, and wiimote are in there.

I'm assuming that the ps4 controller is lumped into bt controllers.
I would think that since the PS4 controllers can only be connected via USB they would be under HID devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse