Hacking Nintendont

Evanfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if it actually says "Nintendont Loader v5.455" and not "v5.454" and you still have issues with it then I'm not sure whats going on, and yea on my wii its perfectly fine so as a dev its nearly impossible to even start thinking what could go wrong if nothing is wrong for myself.
F.Y.I ..I've installed an older version I have on my PC v3.334 and it's working but if i update to latest it hangs again can you give me the link for v4 so I can try it please

col2k3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Could someone please give me a quick hand updating?

I installed it from WiiU USB helper, so it gave me the 5.453 version.

Don't have any other version installed, just that one that ends up on the home screen (I assume as a Wii inject).

In order to update I tried copying the loader.dol (renamed as boot.dol) & meta.xml on my SD cards apps/nintendont/ folder; opened Nintendont (wii inject), sd, went to settings, clicked x to update, chose download nintendont and it gave me a "can't download" error.

Is the Wii inject version updatable? what am I doing wrong?

Last edited by col2k3,

monta990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the last 455 still freeze my wii (loaded from homebrew channel on vWii)
edit: the version 451 works well
1.jpg

Last edited by monta990,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was messing around with Wii USB Helper today I noticed I could download Nintendont through it. Does this mean that Nintendont works in Wii U mode now? Or does this just add a Nintendont icon on my Wii U that when selected starts Nintendont in vWii from the Wii U menu? Just wondering what it means that I can even see Nintendont in Wii USB Helper since I though that program just connected to the Nintendo eShop and I highly doubt that Nintendont would be found there. Thank you.

Tatooine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it could be very important to clarify so far (my understanding):

• The Wii U USB Helper has only Nintendont v5.453 to download and install; this can be used to playGameCube games on the Wii U (not vWii), using the gamepad to play. :bow:~FIX94
  • The github has Nintendont v5.455 (to be used on the Wii/vWii, not available on the Wii U USB Helper).
  • The Wii U USB Helper version (v5.453) is freezing when you want to exit the app pressing HOME button on the gamepad. At the moment, the only way to exit the app is unplugging the Wii U.
  • Both versions (v5.453 and v5.455) are freezing on the Wii AND vWii: "Initializing Nintendont..." screen.
I don't know if I could post what I mentioned here, I even apologize for the intrusion, but I found it important to help those who are looking for a solution. I will continue for now with version v4.451, which is the last one I have before version v.5.453/v5.455. The v4.451 version works well on Wii/vWii, although it does not let you use the gamepad to play.

Last edited by Tatooine,
Reactions: Kleyon and monta990

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it hangs for me too and I even tried deleting nincfg.bin and got the same hanging problem.
Just revert to your last working version folks.

In any case, someone should make v5.452 available here for download the time being.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I think it could be very important to clarify so far (my understanding):

• The Wii U USB Helper has only Nintendont v5.453 to download and install; this can be used to playGameCube games on the Wii U (not vWii), using the gamepad to play. :bow:~FIX94
  • The github has Nintendont v5.455 (to be used on the Wii/vWii, not available on the Wii U USB Helper).
  • The Wii U USB Helper version (v5.453) is freezing when you want to exit the app pressing HOME button on the gamepad. At the moment, the only way to exit the app is unplugging the Wii U.
  • Both versions (v5.453 and v5.455) are freezing on the Wii AND vWii: "Initializing Nintendont..." screen.
I don't know if I could post what I mentioned here, I even apologize for the intrusion, but I found it important to help those who are looking for a solution. I will continue for now with version v4.451, which is the last one I have before version v.5.453/v5.455. The v4.451 version works well on Wii/vWii, although it does not let you use the gamepad to play.

Interestingly enough it does not freeze when I press the gamepad home button on my console, it just brings me back to the Wii U Menu. (With the USB Helper version)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Interestingly enough it does not freeze when I press the gamepad home button on my console, it just brings me back to the Wii U Menu. (With the USB Helper version)
with 5.453 thats basically impossible as it would've frozen at 2 points because of things I missed and only fixed in 5.454 so it must've been at least that version. Or, you tested it only from the loader and not ingame, from the loader it never had an issue.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
with 5.453 thats basically impossible as it would've frozen at 2 points because of things I missed and only fixed in 5.454 so it must've been at least that version.
Err, that's very weird then since I tried three times and it worked without a problem every time. I can make a video if you wish but I doubt it will be of much help since it should work in newer versions now.
Anyway, sorry for asking this but I haven't been able to follow the events very much so which version would you recommend for use as a channel? v.454?

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Alright so the Nintendont channel has been updated to the latest version in USB Helper.
Originally I wanted to push updates the same way as genuine titles but it does not seem to work.
Consequently, the updates will simply overwrite the base title.
If you have an older version of the title, it will show as "Partially downloaded" in the app (v0.6.1.372+ required for desktop and v1.0.0.16+ for mobiles)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk