Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. RodrigoHC13

RodrigoHC13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    Brazil
    Hello!

I'm using Nintendont on my Wii U. Little problem here:

I bought two "KADE miniconsoles" (KADE is a "gaming device that connects retro gamepads and controllers to a huge variety of computers and consoles using plug and play detection"). I can now connect the KADE to WiiMote or to a USB port on the Wii U and use GameCube controllers (or whatever controller I want).

I can play with two controllers using two KADEs connected to two WiiMotes (in this case, KADE emulates two Classic Controllers).

I can also play with one controller using one KADE connected to one USB port on the Wii U (in this case, KADE emulates a SSB GameCube Adapter with one GameCube controller connected to it - even if I use other controller connected to KADE, the point is that the KADE connected to the Wii U via USB emulates this adapter).

But I cannot play with two KADEs connected to two USB ports on the Wii U.

After trying various firmwares that one of the developers rebuild for me to test with the Wii U, the conclusion is that Nintendont doesn't recongnize two SSB GameCube adapters connecter at the same time - the developer told me that he can use two of this adapters at the same time on the SSB for Wii U. We had also set one KADE to be always as controller 1 and the other to be always the controller 2, and as a result we have only controller 1 or only controller 2 connected, demonstrating that Nintendont doesn't really recognize two SSB GameCube Adapters at the same time.

This could be, at this time, the only way to me to play with two GameCube controllers with vibration (I can play with two controllers connected to the WiiMote simulating a Classic Controller, that don't have vibration).

Could someone help me making Nintendont work with two SSB GameCube Adapters to play with them using two KADEs?

Thank you all for the hard work here!!

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    nintendont only supoorts one usb controler at a time, with a wiiu ssb adapter you can plug 4 controllers since its only one diveice with multiple ports, but yeah nintendont is limited to a single usb controller at a time, to bypass that you would need to rewrite the entire controls section of nintendont.

3. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Suport one USB :/ Faz o urro

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    I guess its time for me to push this up, still tested it very little so dont expect too much.
    -reworked how nintendont gets booted, hopefully everything that worked still works
    This massive change allows bootup inside a WiiU Wii VC title, so the WiiU Gamepad can be used as an input for player 1, details on that will be on gbatemp, besides that it should still work exactly as it did in the past on Wii/vWii
    With this change I also pushed up the major version of nintendont to v5.
    For a bit more detail in patching check out this post. As of right now no real easy ways exist for all this as it is still very early in progress and I just wanted to have it all up on github.

Last edited by FIX94, Sep 16, 2017
  5. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    You the man @FIX94

6. Shadow Fyre

Shadow Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2014
    United States
    Wait, how exactly would this work? You inject the gamecube iso into a Wii VC title? Or do you inject it into a Wii game which you then inject into a Wii VC AND THEN install on the Wii U? Man you're getting me to hyped up.

7. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    It works like nintendont normally does, you just need to boot the .dol from a Wii VC to get gamepad support, I guess it could be done via a custom Wii VC channel. Just wait for more details, it's still too early :P

ploggy likes this.
  8. Troopage

Troopage GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2014
    United States
    I haven't been paying much attention to the scene for a long while and decided to get back into things. One of the things I noticed was that my signature still had a Nintendont wishlist in it that I put together with some help from you guys. I removed it because of the new signature limits that were put in and because it was outdated anyways. If anyone wants to look at it or update it's in the spoiler below.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2014
    United States
    So I'm having a problem with my Nintendont. I updated to the latest build just pushed out today, and everytime I load a game through USB Loader GX or WiiFlow it freezes at "Initializing Nintendont". Any idea what's wrong?

10. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Probably both need to update to hook the new parameters.

11. Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2014
    United States
    So you're saying just load the games through Nintendont itself and not go through the loaders?

12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    or revert to 4.451
    5.x only adds WiiU VC support, you don't need it if you launch from USBLoaderGX.

5.453 should fix the boot from loader without arguments, maybe it has a bug and you can't boot with arguments?
    or just the fact it became "5.x" is making USBLoaderGX unable to launch nintendont properly.
    It looks like I should prepare myself to get lot of bug reports in coming days haha

it's still beta and in rewriting process, it might break few things until properly tested.
    but that's great to report bugs :)

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 16, 2017
    TyroKith likes this.
  13. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    works fine here,also from usbloader gx,latest version.

14. ccfman2004

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Nintendont version 5?

15. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    yep,version 5

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

updated today

16. ccfman2004

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Only reason I asked is because some people will say latest when it really isn't. People really need to say actual version number instead of latest.

17. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    played metroid prime on it

18. Wobafet

Wobafet Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2017
    Canada
    Im having a problem with nintendont, when I try to load it from the homebrew channel it gets stuck at initializing nintendont and just freezes, homebrew is on IOS58 v24.31 (1.1.2)

19. Wobafet

Wobafet Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2017
    Canada
    Nintendont loader V5.453
    Built sep 16 2017
    firmware 58.24.31

Freezes and I have to unplug the power cable to restart the wii

20. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 3, 2014