Hacking Nintendont

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool beans on the arcade mode for something different. Now to make it work with USB loader GX. :)

Got a few bugs in that I'd like fixed anyway.

0e46a2ae7b2b581b9c96e6a04f977bad.jpg

Almost there, still poking around trying to get a feel for things. I'm shithouse when it comes to C++ though. lol

Something to mess with over the weekend. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edit: works from general settings, but per game menu is still funky. Gotta be something simple, but these internal comments are rather useless. lol

3 seconds after posting I found the missing link. :)

Last edited by self_slaughter,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably send a PR for my CISO branch this weekend after merging the latest changes from master.

I did a bit of an overhaul for the Settings menu in my branch, especially with regards to user friendliness. In particular, there's now a short description for most of the settings that appears when a particular setting is selected. As an example, if the "Unlock Read Speed" option is selected, this description appears:
Disc read speed is normally limited to the performance of the original GameCube disc drive.

Unlocking read speed can allow for faster load times, but it can cause problems with games that are extremely sensitive to disc read timing.

I also grayed out certain options that aren't available on the current system, e.g. "WiiU Widescreen" if using a regular Wii.

EDIT: Things I need to test before sending the PR:
  • Report that MKAGP2 doesn't work on the CISO branch.
  • Verify that if Nintendont is loaded from USB, it can load games from SD.

EDIT 2: Also, a shameless plug that I probably mentioned before: I'm working on a shell extension to improve usability of GCN, Wii, and other disc and ROM images on Windows and Linux. I'm getting close to a release, but it's not quite ready yet, and I'd appreciate it if I could get some help testing it. (There's no precompiled build at the moment, so you'll need to compile it yourself.) ROM Properties Page shell extension

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +rom-properties

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I started playing Nintendont via USB Loader GX and cheat codes would not work, but now they work if I run Nintendont from HBC.

I had set MemEmu when I was playing from USB Loader GX, but when I run Nintendont without going through a GUI(GX) Games say I don’t have any savegames! (MemEmu is set to the same setting as when I was running through USBLGX)

How do I go about moving saves from wherever USBLGX stores the saves and move them to where Nintendont saves?

Also how do I use the Debugger setting? I read on pg1 that its used to make your own codes.

(vWii ISO58? I think, still very new to this)

Edit:
Sorry for the requests.

How do I swap L and R(Z) ?
Using the WiiU Pro Controller (BT) looked at the controller ini files and just noticed one for this controller doesnt exists yet I've been using this controller with Nintendont since I read the first page, ages ago.
Just want to move GC Z to L instead of R, because these buttons on this controller are very touchy I find myself hitting the R button so easily in A button mashing moments.

Last edited by HyeVltg3,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I started playing Nintendont via USB Loader GX and cheat codes would not work, but now they work if I run Nintendont from HBC.

I had set MemEmu when I was playing from USB Loader GX, but when I run Nintendont without going through a GUI(GX) Games say I don’t have any savegames! (MemEmu is set to the same setting as when I was running through USBLGX)

How do I go about moving saves from wherever USBLGX stores the saves and move them to where Nintendont saves?

Also how do I use the Debugger setting? I read on pg1 that its used to make your own codes.

Edit:
Sorry for the requests.

Using the WiiU Pro Controller (BT) looked at the controller ini files and just noticed one for this controller doesnt exists yet I've been using this controller with Nintendont since I read the first page, ages ago.
Just want to move GC Z to L instead of R, because these buttons on this controller are very touchy I find myself hitting the R button so easily in A button mashing moments.
USB Loader GX and Nintendont save your games in the same folder unless you specified a different folder in USB Loader GX's settings. Nintendont saves in USB/SD:saves/GameID.raw.

Also Bluetooth controllers don't use a controller.ini file. They are hard coded into Nintendont. You would have to modify the source code for that controller and recompile.

Reactions: HyeVltg3

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks for writing this guide! It was very helpful and informative. I'm running into an issue though, was hoping you could give me some insight. I was running a Gamecube game through USB Loader GX, I was using a nunchuk and wiimote combination, and I hit the home button to reset it. I got thrown back into the loading screen for USB Loader GX, but it froze at mounting the cIOS 249. Do you know a fix for this hang?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Edit:
Sorry for the requests.

if its not seeing your savegames either they are on a diferent folder, or you used a diferent settings like multi on or off, or diferent block sizes.

Hello, thanks for writing this guide! It was very helpful and informative. I'm running into an issue though, was hoping you could give me some insight. I was running a Gamecube game through USB Loader GX, I was using a nunchuk and wiimote combination, and I hit the home button to reset it. I got thrown back into the loading screen for USB Loader GX, but it froze at mounting the cIOS 249. Do you know a fix for this hang?
probably some issue with usbloader gx or something, if you use nintendont directly from teh homebrew channel then you can exit to the homebrew channel 100% perfectly, when using loaders there is always some timing issues or whatever when exiting.

Reactions: Picartman

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably some issue with usbloader gx or something, if you use nintendont directly from teh homebrew channel then you can exit to the homebrew channel 100% perfectly, when using loaders there is always some timing issues or whatever when exiting.

Thanks for the reply, I'll do some testing over the weekend and see what I can find. I also think it's the loader, perhaps a setting is messing with it. I'll report back with what I find in a few days.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I'll do some testing over the weekend and see what I can find. I also think it's the loader, perhaps a setting is messing with it. I'll report back with what I find in a few days.

Make sure you're using the current revision (r1260) of the loader, too.

WulfyWoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Nintendont for the longest time without issue but recently it's stopped working. Loading from either USB Loader GX or HBC doesn't work, USB Loader showing a black screen and booting from HBC showing a black screen after "checking storage devices". Tried updating to latest version and same problem. Running on 4.3U Wii.

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Nintendont for the longest time without issue but recently it's stopped working. Loading from either USB Loader GX or HBC doesn't work, USB Loader showing a black screen and booting from HBC showing a black screen after "checking storage devices". Tried updating to latest version and same problem. Running on 4.3U Wii.

Perhaps there's an issue with your storage device? Any other SD cards or external USB drives that you could test out?

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Just this one. It's worked before as I've played through nearly the entirety of Thousand Year Door already.

Hmm I'm not too sure. Perhaps a setting in Nintendont was changed recently and it's causing problems? You could try earlier revisions of Nintendont? If HBC and USB Loader GX still work then perhaps it's not related to the storage device.

Make sure you're using the current revision (r1260) of the loader, too.

I just verified that Nintendont and USB Loader GX are at their latest revisions. When I press the Home button on my wiimote nunchuk combo, both Nintendont and USB Loader GX will hang. Nintendont hangs at a black screen, and USB Loader GX at Loading cIOS 249. Do you know anything else I could troubleshoot?

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Minor update to my fork of USB Loader GX 1260.
  • Added Nintendont Triforce Arcade mode setting.
  • Support Nintendont config version 7
  • Allow B Button to exit categories menu.
  • Allow A or B Button to exit credits screen.
https://github.com/selfslaughter/usbloadergx/releases/tag/1262

Any comments on if it works properly for you or not would be appreciated. :)

.:Vicious:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Any comments on if it works properly for you or not would be appreciated. :)
Works fine for me, although I'm not sure if the message board logging is working properly. I have to play for about 5 minutes to appear in the log.
Maybe this is the normal behavior, but I can't remember. :P

Any chance to add tabs to swtch between gamecube/wii and support for GC Controller on Wii U USB adapter? :)

Last edited by .:Vicious:.,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
EDIT: Things I need to test before sending the PR:
  • Report that MKAGP2 doesn't work on the CISO branch.
  • Verify that if Nintendont is loaded from USB, it can load games from SD.
Started fresh, deleted nincfg.bin. USB game loading is working now as it should, for GCN and Triforce games. I think the corruptions starts if you load vanilla Nintendont and then the mod again, which surely happened when i switched versions to test against.

Combinations tested:
- GAMEID/game.iso
- ABCfolder/game.iso
- ABCgame.iso

I can't turn on the Drive Read LED option, though.
There is code for multi-game discs, but it's a bit buggy in the master branch. Among other things, it can't handle anything located after 4 GB.
Could you recommend a tried and true method to make these multi-iso discs? I'd like to give it a test with Resident Evil or Metal Gear, ripping from my GCN discs and burning to a DVD5.

Would you use USB Loader GX over CFG USB Loader Mod? If so, why? I have been using the latter for years, so i am interested in switching if your fork is going to be updated and eventually better.

Last edited by niuus,

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Would you use USB Loader GX over CFG USB Loader Mod? If so, why? I have been using the latter for years, so i am interested in switching if your fork is going to be updated and eventually better.
Cyan is aware of the changes and will probably release an official update soon.

Going by the usbgx thread it sounds like cyan is working on a plugin system, so things could get interesting. Although I just use the PS3 for emulators and stuff. :)

I personally just like the text list view for all my games and so far everything just works.
Games exit direct back to the loader and everything just "feels stock".

All My games, apps and saves are on the usb HDD on the only game I've had to change a setting for was Castlevania WiiWare. (Known problem title, just switch from partial nand emu to neek for this one game, also set autoboot on neek nand to nswitch or whatever so it will exit back to usb on the real nand.)

Edit: scratch that, found a few problem cases. Just using neek mode globally now. Set and forget. (Y)

Last edited by self_slaughter,

VakiGBATEMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I made an icon for nintendont. I am not good at paint.net so I hope it's not too bad! P.S. Credit me if you put this for download! I'm Fine if you do!

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    920 bytes · Views: 188

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan is aware of the changes and will probably release an official update soon.

Going by the usbgx thread it sounds like cyan is working on a plugin system, so things could get interesting. Although I just use the PS3 for emulators and stuff. :)

I personally just like the text list view for all my games and so far everything just works.
Games exit direct back to the loader and everything just "feels stock".

All My games, apps and saves are on the usb HDD on the only game I've had to change a setting for was Castlevania WiiWare. (Known problem title, just switch from partial nand emu to neek for this one game, also set autoboot on neek nand to nswitch or whatever so it will exit back to usb on the real nand.)

I guess you missed this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1129#post-6643821

Reactions: self_slaughter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1