Hacking Nintendont

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I guess I started something....lol Just gonna say that there was a period well I fell off the face of the earth between the Wii and Wii U. I either missed whatever the hell devolution is, or I wasn't around for it.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
well I guess I started something....lol Just gonna say that there was a period well I fell off the face of the earth between the Wii and Wii U. I either missed whatever the hell devolution is, or I wasn't around for it.

Dios MIOS and Dios MIOS Lite are Gamecube-mode solutions for running backed-up Gamecube games from an SD card or USB drive.
Devolution achieved the same thing in Wii mode, and because of this was able to implement features like Classic Controller support. However, it cannot be used on the Wii U because of antipiracy measures.
Nintendon't aims to be the same, but able to run on the Wii U.

Reactions: blinkzane

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dios MIOS and Dios MIOS Lite are Gamecube-mode solutions for running backed-up Gamecube games from an SD card or USB drive.
Devolution achieved the same thing in Wii mode, and because of this was able to implement features like Classic Controller support. However, it cannot be used on the Wii U because of antipiracy measures.
Nintendon't aims to be the same, but able to run on the Wii U.

Ok, but without antipiracy to be clear.
Crediar didin't say anything about antipiracy on Nitendon't and WIIU can't read gamecube disks.
I sold my Wii and bought a WIIU and will be amazing to play Nes, Snes, Mega Drive, N64, Neo Geo, Gamecube, WII, and WIIU games on WIIU.
XONE and PS4 won't have retrocompability and Nintendo just have to launch more Wiiu Games quickly.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It might work with a disc expander adapter, but AFAIK nobody has tried that yet on a Wii U, only on a Family Wii (which worked BTW).
Check that thread again, IIRC they did try and it just spit it back out. They opened their Wii U up and found there were different drive differences than they thought.

do all gc games work?
if not, is there a list or can someone tell me what games are currently working?
(sry if something like it is said before and i have overseen it)
It's still in a very early stage. It is far from release.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check that thread again, IIRC they did try and it just spit it back out. They opened their Wii U up and found there were different drive differences than they thought.

It's still in a very early stage. It is far from release.
It does not spit it out. It just can't read it, because the app is not for vWii. Also I believe it's because AHBPROT has not been worked out totally yet.

Reactions: Rydian

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I just lost a bit of respect for crediar today. All my comments mentioning Devolution have been deleted and someone else flat out accused me of being a troll. All I had stated was the following:

Already exists, Google the following:

Wii Devolution

That's literally all I said. One commenter was even thankful for me pointing it out to him since he specifically was asking about running on a normal Wii.

I would normally just go "lol YouTube comments" at the troll accusation, but the fact that my comments actually got deleted... that's not cool.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there's some tension between crediar and tueidj and that I missed some kind of memo about it...

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you send him a message before getting angry about it here? ....cause mistakes happen sometimes, you know
If I sounded angry then the internet has failed at conveying emotions yet again! I was feeling disappointed and slightly depressed, not angry.

And no I didn't message him because I figured his YouTube inbox is flooded.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I sounded angry then the internet has failed at conveying emotions yet again! I was feeling disappointed and slightly depressed, not angry.
even though, it's worth the shot of giving him the right of reply somehow, before complaining around, I guess (it's what I would do at least...)

About the emotions, maybe use some smiles next time I guess ( :unsure:this way a slightly depressed mood would be more obvious:sleep: )

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you edited it to say "can't be bothered" but to clarify, yes, my disappointment is only due to the post deletion - the troll comments was from someone else.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo Maniac: Please don´t fill up this thread with useless drama.

And also please don´t always compare Nintendont, an app that is in early beta phase, with Devolution, an app that is public since a year and had numerous revs. since then. It´s getting annoying.
Thanks

i think Nintendon't is very appealing , and shows great promise , i would love to hear more about installation , how it works , release date , and if there is going to be a donations thing ... all respect where due on this stand alone project

i was starting to think that *COUGH*Nintendo Maniac*COUGH* is trying to hijack this and or advertise for devolution instead of discuss Nintendon't .
and wonder how he would think that we would think anything else, after going through this thread and seeing the devolution adverts here and in the youtube video comments.

... i'm kind of feeling disappointed and on my way to angry due to the tension Nintendo Maniac is bringing to the table as if he was 'stirring the pot' with lack of respect for this project by trying to diminishing it by comparison and speculate rivalry between two pronounced coders

Hasn't stopped Devolution which has super-preliminary USB keyboard and mouse support. (I myself have never gotten it to work though)

Kind of. vWii can take advantage of 3 cores, but at the Wii clockrate. Other than that they're the same, which is why I gave the example of Devolution being able to implement extra controller functionality on a normal Wii.
*COUGH*Devolution*COUGH*

Yeah yeah I know about the lack of AP in NintenDon't, but this is about the underlying technical-ability of running GC games in Wii mode is it not?

Indeed let's not. Like I said:

Though from my knowledge Devolution and NintenDon't are actually doing things a bit differently. To use PC comparisons, I believe Devolution took the WINE approach while NintenDon't is taking the VMware approach.

That makes me wonder if NintenDon't will also have performance increases in certain games that Devolution has...

Like I said, I'm pretty sure NintenDon't is a virtual machine, not a compatibility layer. Even then, Devolution IS a compatibility layer and it works flawlessly with most games.

...I just lost a bit of respect for crediar today. All my comments mentioning Devolution have been deleted and someone else flat out accused me of being a troll. All I had stated was the following:

Already exists, Google the following:

Wii Devolution

That's literally all I said. One commenter was even thankful for me pointing it out to him since he specifically was asking about running on a normal Wii.

I would normally just go "lol YouTube comments" at the troll accusation, but the fact that my comments actually got deleted... that's not cool.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there's some tension between crediar and tueidj and that I missed some kind of memo about it...

Reactions: blinkzane

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI, I haven't run away, I'm trying to let bygones be bygones since drama is the last thing I want to see happen.

As you may be able to tell from the YouTube comment incident, I don't handle drama directed at me very well at all. Even in "real life" I usually try to keep myself emotionally detached from any of my social interacting due to situations just like these but I accidentally slipped and "done goofed".

I will say though, as for my supposed "Devolution agenda", it just keeps seeming to me that there are people that don't know about it, and the YouTube comment I originally replied to even confirmed this.

Now for a serious question - since it seems that talking about Devolution is the wrong way to go about things, should I just stop mentioning Devolution to people at all? I can even remove my signature if that'd help since wifi logging no longer seems to be that useful anymore.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you referring to the USB keyboard & mouse thing? I thought we finished that discussion a while ago - heck I had forgotten all about it until your post confused me to the point that I need to go back and review my posts...

EDIT: Yeah, that post was a week ago at this point and I haven't said anything about controllers and stuff since then because we've been done with that subject for a while now.

Why do I get the feeling that none of us are on the same page...?

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it was a legitimate concern for Family Wii owners, especially considering the following tweets from Crediar himself which is what started the whole discussion in the first place:
Crediar said:
@nintendomaniac @NintendoWorlds Wii version will ONLY support the gamecube controller and only 1:1 button mapping.
nintendomaniac said:
@crediar @NintendoWorlds Wait, then what about the Family Wii which lacks GC ports?
Crediar said:
nintendomaniac @NintendoWorlds Guess you have to use Devolution then!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4