Hacking Nintendont

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with F-Zero AX, when I start the game I create the card and enter my name but then the game freezes while saving and makes a noise sound, I tried it three times and waited for like 2 minutes with no progress, what am I doing wrong?
2.296 fzero ax tested 20min here works perfect and card support works great.

mac033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not experienced any error messages, for me PSO 1.0 NTSC, PSO 1.1 ntsc, and their pal counterparts cause my Wii u to fully restart with no prompt

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Questions about the changes in this version:
- Do you have deleted these lines?

#include "ehci.h"

#ifdef NINTENDONT_USB
static u8 DummyBuffer[0x1000] __attribute__((aligned(32)));
#endif

#ifdef NINTENDONT_USB
245u32 USBReadTimer = Now;
246#endif

#ifdef NINTENDONT_USB
else if((read32(HW_TIMER) - USBReadTimer) / 1898437 > 9) /* Read random sector after about 10 seconds */
{
USBStorage_Read_Sectors(USBReadTimer % s_cnt, 1, DummyBuffer);
USBReadTimer = read32(HW_TIMER);
}
#endif

- To compile ... what version of libogc used?
¿Ported libraries too? ... What version?

Thank you very much to you, FIX94 and all those responsible for this incredible application, a dream come true :)
i just deleted thison main.c

else if(UseUSB && TimerDiffSeconds(USBReadTimer) > 239) /* Read random sector after about 4 minutes */
{
DIFinishAsync(); //if something is still running
DI_CallbackMsg.result = -1;
sync_after_write(&DI_CallbackMsg, 0x20);
IOS_IoctlAsync( DI_Handle, 2, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, DI_MessageQueue, &DI_CallbackMsg );
DIFinishAsync();
}

To recompile nintendont all you need is the latest devkitpro and tortoisesvn i got help setting this up so im not a very good person to explain you how to set this up but you only need this 2 programs.

Thanks FIX94, just a little request. I have a Toshiba Canvio external usb drive, and the sleep function is after 3 minutes and cannot be changed. I think to be on the safer side it will be better to leave the read time to 150 seconds... not too short and not too long, because for some reason the geniuses at Toshiba decided to leave the sleep function at 3 minutes and maybe that is going to cause some freezes to some Toshiba users in the future (i already had one freeze today playing Rogue Squadron II for that reason).

Thanks in advance. :)
seriously 3 min sleep? that is ridiculous i bet your drive then preety much sleeps on every homebrew app lol 3 min is too damn short.

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

else if(UseUSB && TimerDiffSeconds(USBReadTimer) > 239) /* Read random sector after about 4 minutes */
{
IOS_IoctlAsync( DI_Handle, 2, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, DI_MessageQueue, &DI_CallbackMsg );
DIFinishAsync();
}

To recompile nintendont all you need is the latest devkitpro and tortoisesvn i got help setting this up so im not a very good person to explain you how to set this up but you only need this 2 programs.

t.

{
DIFinishAsync();
}

ok, I try to compile the latest version.
I hope to erase those lines does not affect another part of the application.
Thank You :yaysp:

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Fix! Listen, first of all I just want to express how grateful I am and we all are for the hard work you have put into Nintendont. It is turning into something beautiful. But down to business. Ever since r229, when you rewrote all the USB stuff to work on IOS58, my USB HDD hasn't worked with Nintendont. So I'm stuck on r229 while everyone else gets to use these cool fixes and new features you're adding. Do you think you could fix it? Or even just add an alternative build without the IOS 58 stuff, or tell me how to make such a build myself? In any case, thanks again for all you do.
I had this issue too. But since I have another working HDD and dont have the time to look into this I didn't investigate much. I guess nintendont freezes at "Init DI" for you? If this is the case the program freezes at this line:

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/main.c#225

What you could do is going into DI.c and take a look at DIinit:

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/kernel/DI.c#246

Somewhere in this function the program freezes so you add some Debug prints in this function:

Code:
dbgprintf("Blabla")

Now you compile nintendont, set Debug on in the settings and try to run a game. Nintendont will freeze, you shut your wii/wiiU down. Take a look at the debug file on your HDD and see how far it got with your dbgprints. This way you can narrow down where the problem lies. If you found the lie in DIinit where nintendont freezes, take a look at the function that is called there. This way you can narrow it down further and further. Once you reached an end point (i.e. nintendont freezes in a line that contains a function that is not part of nintendont, but of some sdk). You report it here and I'm sure FIX94 will gladly take a look at it.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried Animal Crossing again today using a full gcm / iso verified against redump.org/disc/2124/ instead of a shrunked one and it's still giving me a black screen on all the NES games, game sound is coming through, I'm using a component cable on a PAL RVL-001 Wii, do you need to force a different video to play them? currently I have it set as auto and in-game is 576i my system menu is set as edhdtv 480p widescreen.

Why doesn't Nitendont have a 576p option for PAL games like swiss-gc, not64 and genplus-gx?
why must us PAL users be shunned with 480p PAL60?

Update: I tried it with my composite CVBS cable instead and the system menu set to 576i and it's dsplaying all the nes games perfect, I wonder what the issue with YPbPr component is. Can someone with a rgb-scart cable please test these also, thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't seem to even get it to start, it freezes while creating the save file D:

maybe check your hdd for errors, it never failed for me. Saving takes like 5 seconds for me and it never freezes the sound, just the picture.
Also I played some more GP2 and I just finished 150cc and got the ability to press b in a race to get into 1st person, looks pretty crazy, heres the save if anyone is interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fmdksf4smni04kh/GP2.bin

MelonMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've updated everything and I get this screen when trying to boot Smash Bros. Melee
Gy3vhow.jpg

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like it has been said before if anyone wants this issue fixed they need to step up and send to an Nintendont active dev, one of these harddrives so he can debug, without one finding the issue isnt gonna happen you cant fix what you cant recreate.

MelonMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.230 broke compatibility with tons of harddrives, including yours. Use v2.229 for right now

Found it in the mods and themes section. Thanks, fixed the problem. Funny enough I'm not actually using an HDD, just a 32gb thumb drive.

like it has been said before if anyone wants this issue fixed they need to step up and send to an Nintendont active dev, one of these harddrives so he can debug, without one finding the issue isnt gonna happen you cant fix what you cant recreate.

I'd send one one of mine that had the same problem if they'd give me some contact info.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it in the mods and themes section. Thanks, fixed the problem. Funny enough I'm not actually using an HDD, just a 32gb thumb drive.

I'd send one one of mine that had the same problem if they'd give me some contact info.

Contact FIX94 via pm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol