Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the file nun.patch giveme a error on PADReadGC.c , who can giveme this file already patched?

Code:
File to patch: /home/naxil/homebrew/nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/ppc/PADReadGC.c
patching file /home/naxil/homebrew/nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/ppc/PADReadGC.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 36 (different line endings).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 442 (different line endings).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 450 (different line endings).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 476 (different line endings).
Hunk #5 FAILED at 546 (different line endings).
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/naxil/homebrew/nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/ppc/PADReadGC.c.rej

Reactions: pedrobarca

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes ChrisX930 , i have found it in previous post.. but i don't know why the patch command giveme a error on PADReadGC.c file..

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes ChrisX930 , i have found it in previous post.. but i don't know why the patch command giveme a error on PADReadGC.c file..

I am also struggling with that.
I can't find any good/easy way to patch it.
Tortoise is a pain in the ass to understand and I have tried 3 other "patchers" and none seems to modify the BT.c file.

My best bet is to manually add all the changed code to each file.
Although, I will go out of town in a few hours and might comeback until tomorrow, meaning that I won't have time today to work on the Nunchuck patch as I wish :(

EDIT #1: Spoiler added because I already patched the files and are included in the .rar down below.
I will upload a Patch.rar file here.
In there you will find all the files that NEED to be modified with the nun.patch file.
All the files in there can be opened up with Notepad, including the .patch file.

If your Notepad is giving you issues, try this website:
http://www.compileonline.com/compile_cpp_online.php
It will acommodate the code into a legible reading and not all pasted together like in Notepad.

Now, use this link as a reference:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/an50pzubhewd4al/nun.patch?dl=0

The green lines of code with the minus at the start of the line are the lines that should be changed or removed.
The blue lines of code are the ones that should be added.
And the gray lines of code are for reference, only to know in what part of the code will the new changes be added.

Any questions, let me know.
I will continue working on this tomorrow hopefully.
EDIT #2:
One more thing...
I noticed that the button mapping is somewhat... Odd.
The triggers are all mapped to the Z and C buttons in the nunchuck.
And I have my doubts about the mapping.

I will take a further look afterwards though, if anyone can work on this on my absence, that would be great.
Don't hesitate to contact me.

THE PATCHED FILES ARE IN THE .RAR BELOW
ALL THAT'S LEFT IS JUST COPY THE FILES TO THE CORRESPONING FOLDERS, COMPILE THE BUILD AND TEST THE NUNCHUCK+WIIMOTE COMBO!

People that test this build, please let us know what is the EXACT mapping of the buttons in-game.
Make an exact list of each button and what response it gives so I can take that as a base to start modifying the Button Mapping to a more comfortable setting.
One thing though, since we are lacking buttons in the Wiimote to fully adjust to the GC mapping, don't expect any button combo to have an analog input, it will all be digital, which means that when using Nunchuck+Wiimote we will always have either no trigger press or full trigger press, no middle press.

naxil, here are the patched files you requested.

EDIT #3: Here's the link to the modified .dol with Nunchuck support:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq97glf7g5i7eqq/Nintendont r2.157 Nunchuck MOD.dol

Attachments

• Modified Files (Patched already).rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 319

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Times like these i wish i knew how to compile :(
Can anyone please compile the above to a nintendont boot.dol? I 'll gladly run ANY playtest to see what mapping is the above config.

Moreover, i think i also found the ideal wiimte & nunchuck button mapping for GC:

Definitive:
  • Gamecube L = Nunchuck Z (left trigger/shoulder button)
  • Gamecube R = Wiimote B (right trigger/shoulder button)
  • Gamecube A = Wiimote A (big main button,always reachable)
  • Gamecube analog stick = Nunchuck analog stick (no-brainer, this)

• Wiimote Dpad Up: Gamecube Z button (secondary button ,always reachable)
  • Wiimote Dpad Down: Gamecube B button (secondary button ,always reachable)
  • Wiimote Dpad Left: Gamecube Y button (secondary button ,always reachable)
  • Wiimote Dpad Right : Gamecube X button (secondary button ,always reachable)

Nunchuck C button = modifier
  • Nunchuck C & Dpad: Gamecube C-stick (secondary stick , always reachable)

Why? Cause you can't press c-stick and ABXY at the same time even on a real GC controller anyways. You can however use 2 sticks and L,R,Z at the same timeand that's what we can also do here! :)

All main gameplay buttons are now covered and easily reachable at all times!!

This only leaves wiimote 1,2, - & + for GC d-pad (for minor item management or actions in some games) & Gamecube Start. If anyone has ideas for those, please propose them. Wiimote 1 can be GC start (pause) for example.We could say
  • wiimote - = modifier as well. When it is pressed once, wiimote d-pad = GC d-pad
  • And wiimote + = Gamecube start/pause button.

There, with as much as within a thumbs reach, you now have everything on the GC pad available. And you 're even left with free buttons on the wiimote: home, 1 & 2 buttons for nintendont actions like reset, exit, whatever :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Times like these i wish i knew how to compile :(
Can anyone please compile the above to a nintendont boot.dol? I 'll gladly run ANY playtest to see what mapping is the above config.

Moreover, i think i also found the ideal wiimte & nunchuck button mapping for GC:

Definitive:
  • Gamecube L = Nunchuck Z (left trigger/shoulder button)
  • Gamecube R = Wiimote B (right trigger/shoulder button)
  • Gamecube A = Wiimote A (big main button,always reachable)
  • Gamecube analog stick = Nunchuck analog stick (no-brainer, this)
and now the up to debate part:

Nunchuck C button = modifier
Why? Cause you can't press c-stick and ABXY at the same time even on a real GC contoller anyways :)
Wiimote Dpad Up: Gamecube Z button (secondary button ,always reachable)
Wiimote Dpad Down: Gamecube B button (secondary button ,always reachable)
Wiimote Dpad Left: Gamecube Y button (secondary button ,always reachable)
Wiimote Dpad Right : Gamecube X button (secondary button ,always reachable)

Nunchuck C & Dpad: Gamecube C-stick (secondary stick ,always reachable)

All main buttons are now covered!!

This only leaves wiimote 1,2, - & + for GC d-pad & start. If anyone has ideas for those, please propose them. Wiimote 1 can be GC start for example.

I already compiled the boot.dol
Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq97glf7g5i7eqq/Nintendont r2.157 Nunchuck MOD.dol?dl=0

Test it out and please let me know the button mapping for each button.

Why? Cause you can't press c-stick and ABXY at the same time even on a real GC controller anyways
Unless you are like me and use the right thumb for the C-Stick and the index finger for the buttons :P

I suggest we use the Minus button as a toggle too.
As for what, I don't know yet. XD
Perhaps a toggle for the D-Pad to C-Stick option, or something like that.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks ShadowOne333, gonna test the mod ASAP.

Btw check the above post again. I tweaked the button mappings suggestion and now GC dpad & Start as well as nintendont actions can be mapped!

Unless you are like me and use the right thumb for the C-Stick and the index finger for the buttons :P

Claw hand lol.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks ShadowOne333, gonna test the mod ASAP.

Btw check the above post again. I tweaked the button mappings suggestion and now GC dpad & Start as well as nintendont actions can be mapped!

Claw hand lol.
That is exactly what you 'll do when using - as d-pad toggle :P (when - is held, wimote dpad = gamecube dpad)

I think it would be better if we leave the toggle minus for the C-Stick.
That way we can use C button to change the D-Pad to the GC D-Pad.
What do you think? It's more accesible to me.

EDIT:
Let's leave the D-Pad button mapping you provided as definitive. I would not change that one.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK just tested the dol you provided. I can't get any response from bluetooth at all.

Tried both wiimote & nunchuck, booted via HBC as well s USBLGX. Also tried wiimote plus & NC as well as old wiimote & NC.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK just tested the dol you provided. I can't get any response from bluetooth at all.

Tried both wiimote & nunchuck, booted via HBC as well s USBLGX. Also tried wiimote plus & NC as well as old wiimote & NC.

Using a CC and CCP does give a response?

Edit: Goddamnit I have to go out. I won't be back until tomorrow.
Sorry :/
I will keep looking at this tomorrow hopefully.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a CC (the first model with the analog triggers) and if i start your nintendont build, from HBC, with this connected to the wiimote, only its' left analog stick is registered, no buttons. Should i tamper with the maxpad settings? I have those set at 1 (default). Also use:USB ON, MC ON (size 251), all others OFF

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a CC (the first model with the analog triggers) and if i start your nintendont build, from HBC, with this connected to the wiimote, only its' left analog stick is registered, no buttons. Should i tamper with the maxpad settings? I have those set at 1 (default). Also use:USB ON, MC ON (size 251), all others OFF

When you connect the CC, try moving the Left Stick and pushing buttons in the Wiimote.
I think that's why you don't get any button input from the CC.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When you connect the CC, try moving the Left Stick and pushing buttons in the Wiimote.
I think that's why you don't get any button input from the CC.

Just did what you suggested, still no reaction to any wiimote buttons,only from CC left stick. Tried Timesplitters 2, Super Mario Sunshine isos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning