Hacking Nintendont (Wii) USB Gamecube controller (Nintendo switch)

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Nice, you have the info you need.
Now follow this format to make the .ini:

StickX is the left-right direction on the white stick and CstickX is the left-right direction on the yellow stick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait I just noticed you can press your joysticks? I guess yours is more than just a usb replica of the original gamecube controller then. If you want to register these buttons, even though the gamecube doesn't have them but nintendont can use them to reset the system, you'd have to add these two lines:
RAnalog=
LAnalog=
Just add them at the end of your .ini.
ok ok, I'm almost finishing, I have to take the notes of the RightUp and variations

ok ok, I'm almost finishing, I have to take the notes of the RightUp and variations
this is my controller btw
9517c7ec1bda4f4d8a327f604985974f_Large.jpg

Attachments

• screeen.png
    screeen.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 279

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

this is my controller btwView attachment 186407
Ah I see now. It has a home button and a screen shot button or something, plus the - and + buttons. Anyways your .ini looks right so far. You're only missing VID= and PID=. Those two are written in the same screenshot you sent med of hid_test They are essentially the IDs of your controller so they're pretty important if you want your controller to be recognized at all.

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I guess it should be like that
[Nintendo Switch Gamecube Controller]
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4,0,FF
StickY=5,0,FF
CStickX=6,0,FF
CStickY=7,0,FF
LAnalog=2,20
RAnalog=2,10

I will try it on F zero GX
I guess it should be like that
[Nintendo Switch Gamecube Controller]
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4,0,FF
StickY=5,0,FF
CStickX=6,0,FF
CStickY=7,0,FF
LAnalog=2,20
RAnalog=2,10

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice, you have the info you need.
Now follow this format to make the .ini:

StickX is the left-right direction on the white stick and CstickX is the left-right direction on the yellow stick.

Wait I just noticed you can press your joysticks? I guess yours is more than just a usb replica of the original gamecube controller then. If you want to register these buttons, even though the gamecube doesn't have them but nintendont can use them to reset the system, you'd have to add these two lines:
RAnalog=
LAnalog=
Just add them at the end of your .ini.
Actually I was wrong about what RAnalog and LAnalog do, although from your list of values it would seem your controller doesn't have analog L and R triggers. Weird since it's a gamecube controller.

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Actually I was wrong about what RAnalog and LAnalog do, although from your list of values it would seem your controller doesn't have analog L and R triggers. Weird since it's a gamecube controller.
I think I did something wrong, I pressed Down on the white joystick to select the usb device and it returned me to the home screen instead of going down xd

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I did something wrong, I pressed Down on the white joystick to select the usb device and it returned me to the home screen instead of going down xd
Here's what I think you have to fix:
[PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro]
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4
StickY=5
CStickX=6
CStickY=7

And I noticed your right up is missing the value. So fix the rightup and use this as your ini.

Last edited by Zense,

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Here's what I think you have to fix:
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4
StickY=5
CStickX=6
CStickY=7

And I noticed your right up is missing the value. So fix the rightup and use this as your ini.
I tried it with those settings and now it is not reacting, I fixed the right up, mmmm I'll try to copy those settings to the one I used before and remove the Analog options

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried it with those settings and now it is not reacting, I fixed the right up, mmmm I'll try to copy those settings to the one I used before and remove the Analog options
Btw I looked up your controller now that you sent an image and I found that someone on the forum had already made an .ini for it. It's almost the exact same as the one you made, though the Z and R and L buttons are different as well as the offsets for the DPad, interestingly. The one I found is reported as working so you can just replace yours with it. Still, if you have problems at least you'll know how to try to fix them.

Attachments

• controller_Nintendo_Switch_Gamecube_Wired_FightPad_Pro (1).txt
    346 bytes · Views: 176
Last edited by Zense,

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Btw I looked up your controller now that you sent an image and I found that someone on the forum had already made an .ini for it. It's almost the exact same as the one you made, though the Z and R and L buttons are different as well as the offsets for the DPad, interestingly. The one I found is reported as working so you can just replace yours with it. Still, if you have problems at least you'll know how to try to fix them.
omg thank you so much, Ill try now, I removed the analog options and enabled the DigitalLR, also changed the power button, it looks like this now :
[Nintendo Switch GameCube Controller Wired Fight Pad Pro]
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
Power=2,10
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,01
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4
StickY=5
CStickX=6
CStickY=7
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
omg thank you so much, Ill try now, I removed the analog options and enabled the DigitalLR, also changed the power button, it looks like this now :
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
Power=2,10
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,01
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4
StickY=5
CStickX=6
CStickY=7
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
Looks good. Tell me how it goes. I believe you've managed to get it working or are at least very close.

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
Power=2,10
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=2,02
Left=3,06
Down=3,04
Right=3,02
Up=3,00
RightUp=3,01
DownRight=3,03
DownLeft=3,05
UpLeft=3,07
StickX=4
StickY=5
CStickX=6
CStickY=7
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
Hmm when I load the nintendont I try to select USB with the controller to select the file where the games are but it gets crazy like if I was pressing the joystick up everytime, and when I unpluck it and start the F zero using the wii mote and then I connect the gc controller it doesn't react, it reacts just when the nintendont starts but it gets crazy... omg :'v ( and when I press a button, it sends me back o the menu and I have to restart the wii ) [I pressed A with the wii mote and on the list of games the gc controller was still crazy]

Last edited by WhiteGg,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm when I load the nintendont I try to select USB with the controller to select the file where the games are but it gets crazy like if I was pressing the joystick up everytime, and when I unpluck it and start the F zero using the wii mote and then I connect the gc controller it doesn't react, it reacts just when the nintendont starts but it gets crazy... omg :'v
Make sure not to touch the joystick or dpad in any direction when you start up nintendont or a game or whatever.

Hmm when I load the nintendont I try to select USB with the controller to select the file where the games are but it gets crazy like if I was pressing the joystick up everytime, and when I unpluck it and start the F zero using the wii mote and then I connect the gc controller it doesn't react, it reacts just when the nintendont starts but it gets crazy... omg :'v ( and when I press a button, it sends me back o the menu and I have to restart the wii ) [I pressed A with the wii mote and on the list of games the gc controller was still crazy]
Maybe you should just use that already made controller .ini I sent you? Try renaming that one controller.ini and putting it on the root of your usb device (since you're booting games from usb). Put the same controller.ini in the root of your sd card too just to be sure. Also the controller needs to be plugged in before starting nintendont, that's just how it works. You can't plug it in later.

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Make sure not to touch the joystick or dpad in any direction when you start up nintendont or a game or whatever.
I don't I left it

Maybe you should just use that already made controller .ini I sent you? Try renaming that one controller.ini and putting it on the root of your usb device (since you're booting games from usb). Put the same controller.ini in the root of your sd card too just to be sure. Also the controller needs to be plugged in before starting nintendont, that's just how it works. You can't plug it in later.
ok I'll try, I was trying to do it from the USB loader Gx but every time I press any button it just send me back

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't I left it

ok I'll try, I was trying to do it from the USB loader Gx but every time I press any button it just send me back
Ok I see. If you still can't figure it out, there's a program that makes the ini for you though you need to compile it yourself from source. The instructions are pretty clear but I can see them being intimidating and a bit of a chore just to get this working.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-nin...ate-controller-ini-files-effortlessly.447303/

If you're not able to you can try writing over at the nintendont usb controller thread to see if you get a response. Just link them to this thread here or repost the info you wrote here over at that thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/page-40

There's also the official nintendont thread of course. Make sure to write as much info as you have so far. So your ini and the stuff you got from using HID Test etc.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-2011

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Ok I see. If you still can't figure it out, there's a program that makes the ini for you though you need to compile it yourself from source. The instructions are pretty clear but I can see them being intimidating and a bit of a chore just to get this working.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-nin...ate-controller-ini-files-effortlessly.447303/

If you're not able to you can try writing over at the nintendont usb controller thread to see if you get a response. Just link them to this thread here or repost the info you wrote here over at that thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/page-40

There's also the official nintendont thread of course. Make sure to write as much info as you have so far. So your ini and the stuff you got from using HID Test etc.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-2011
OK OK OK IT WORKED... It is not crazy but I have to config some stuff, for example, Joystick up is Left and joystick down is right hahaha also A works correctly and the DPad but I have to config the other ones, also I will try that program if it gets wrong or something

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK OK OK IT WORKED... It is not crazy but I have to config some stuff, for example, Joystick up is Left and joystick down is right hahaha also A works correctly and the DPad but I have to config the other ones, also I will try that program if it gets wrong or something
Sweet! Hope you manage to fix it quickly. Was this using the .ini I sent you?

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Sweet! Hope you manage to fix it quickly. Was this using the .ini I sent you?
Yep I just rename it with the 0E6F_0185 name and loaded the game, it works but there are some offsets that not, I'm working on it, thank you!

VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=1,30
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,10
L=0,40
R=0,80
S=1,02
Left=2,06
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,01
DownRight=2,03
DownLeft=2,05
UpLeft=2,07
StickX=5
StickY=4
CStickX=7
CStickY=6
LAnalog=1,04
RAnalog=1,08
maybe that should fix it but im not sure about the analogs

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep I just rename it with the 0E6F_0185 name and loaded the game, it works but there are some offsets that not, I'm working on it, thank you!

VID=0E6F
PID=0185
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=1,30
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,10
L=0,40
R=0,80
S=1,02
Left=2,06
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,01
DownRight=2,03
DownLeft=2,05
UpLeft=2,07
StickX=5
StickY=4
CStickX=7
CStickY=6
LAnalog=1,04
RAnalog=1,08
maybe that should fix it but im not sure about the analogs
From what I've understood LAnalog and RAnalog refers to your L and R buttons, so the equivalent of the PS2 L2 and R2, this is because on the gamecube these triggers were analog and not digital, which in practice meant that the harder you pressed the higher the effect of the action you did was. The xbox 360, ps3, ps4 controllers all have this as well. The switch and wii u pro controllers don't. The gamecube controller together with the classic controller was nintendo's last controllers with analog triggers. From what I read your controller being the PDP brand does not have analog triggers, but rather the modern nintendo triggers that are just on or off, no gradient like the with gamecube controller. In practice this was used for games like Mario Sunshine to regulate how much water you'd be shooting out and to lock your viewpoint etc. Other games used it too, but a lot of games didn't.

Last edited by Zense,

WhiteGg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
ok the analog buttons didnt work and the left and right joystick are still unabled, lol, if I add the digital analog 1 will that work>?

From what I've understood LAnalog and RAnalog refers to your L and R buttons, so the equivalent of the PS2 L2 and R2, this is because on the gamecube these triggers were analog and not digital, which in practice meant that the harder you pressed the higher the effect of the action you did was. The xbox 360, ps3, ps4 controllers all have this as well. The switch and wii u pro controllers don't. The gamecube controller together with the classic controller was nintendo's last controllers with analog triggers. From what I read your controller being the PDP brand does not have analog triggers, but rather the modern nintendo triggers that are just on or off, no gradient like the with gamecube controller. In practice this was used for games like Mario Sunshine to regulate how much water you'd be shooting out and to lock your viewpoint etc. Other games used it too, but a lot of games didn't.
I mean, the D pad and A Y Z X button works but joystick (only right and left) and analog don't

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok the analog buttons didnt work and the left and right joystick are still unabled, lol, if I add the digital analog 1 will that work>?
What do you mean stick unabled?
What do you mean they are unabled? Before you said they were just swapped around? Adding digitalanalog=1 could work for the R and L buttons, in other words the bottom shoulder buttons.

I mean, the D pad and A Y Z X button works but joystick (only right and left) and analog don't
Ok so only right and left movement of the white stick works or is that the same for the yellow right stick? You'll just have to try around. Eventually look at HID Test again. I read that you should run HID Test without the controller .ini on your sd card/usb. Not sure what difference it makes. Maybe it interferes with the values you get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1