Nintendont (Wii) USB Gamecube controller (Nintendo switch)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WhiteGg, Nov 13, 2019.

1. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, I was just wondering if is possible to play with the gamecube controller USB (those that are for nintendo switch)
    On nintendont or usb loader gx, I mean, I have one of them and I just want to know if is possible to use it on gamecube games. Thank you.

2. iJeevan

iJeevan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    United States
    Sadly, you cannot use a usb GameCube controller, I tried it on a Wii and WiiU, it only works on the Nintendo Switch or a PC/Mac. I use it on my Dolphin Emulator on my PC as a WiiMote and a GameCube controller.

WhiteGg likes this.
  3. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    There are guides on this site that tell you how to add your own controllers. Basically you'll need to use a different app on the Wii to get the values for your inputs and put these into a text document that you add to the controller folder for nintendont. Would link to the guides but I cbb to look for them right now.

WhiteGg likes this.
  4. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    okk thank you, I'm waiting!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was looking for the post and I found it, thank you.

Zense likes this.
  5. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    btw, I have been trying to find a .ini with the config of the gamecube control cause I really dont understand how to create one, :( could you help me?

6. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    I'll see what I can find.

First, did you follow the guide on the nintendont page here on gbatemp? Scroll down to "Your USB-HID controller is not in the list?"
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#ControllersUSB

A short summary of what you have to do is:
    1. Plug your gc controller in a usb port.
    2. Run the HID_test_6 homebrew from homebrew launcher on vWii
    3. Take note of the offsets you get and add them to a controller.ini according to this guide.
    4. When you're done with all the inputs, put this .ini in a "controller" folder on the root of your sd.

Last edited by Zense, Nov 14, 2019
    WhiteGg likes this.
  7. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    Yes I did, I have to install the HID test and load it on homebrew channel right? but it is for wii or vwii (I have wii)

8. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    It works on both. I didn't see you said you have a Wii, but the procedure is the same. I edited my post above with a short guide.

9. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    ok ok I'll try right now

10. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Here's an example of how an .ini will look like. I got it from nintendont's github repository. Didn't see your controller among the premade .ini's, if not I would've sent you that one.

Attached Files:

11. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    ok I see the numbers and they change when I press all the buttons, I'll try to config it now

Zense likes this.
  12. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Good, the fact that the numbers change means that you have a nintendont compatible controller. Enjoy!

13. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    thankss, but don't leave me alona hahah wait me, what should I do with the joysticks? they have lots of different combinations

14. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    For the joysticks I believe you have to push them to the edge on the x-axis and y-axis separately and set those numbers as your values.

15. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    ok ok Im taking note of all of them

16. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Actually I was mistaken for the joysticks. It's a lot easier. Here's an excerpt of the guide I linked to above:

Offset null is the name of the first paired numbers or letters in the sequence. Originally when nothing is pressed offset null shows 7A, when cstick is moved in this example it changes to FF. Basically you need to write in your ini which of the 8 offsets (: paired values) that changes whenever you move the stick. In the above example they wrote 0 since it was the first pair that changed. And they start counting from 0. Make sure to only move your analog stick in one axis when doing this. Either up-down(y-axis) or right-left (x-axis).

17. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    ohh so I should just write 0 on both, the yellow one and the white one

18. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    No, that's wrong. That could potentially make your left stick and right stick both work as the right or left stick's up and down movement, if 0 is indeed one of the two sticks' offset for either x or y axial movement. I edited my post above btw.

19. WhiteGg
    OP

WhiteGg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    Panama
    ook now I have the values, Ill try to create a .ini now

20191113_201935. Screenshot_20191113-202146.

20. Zense

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Nice, you have the info you need.
    Now follow this format to make the .ini:

StickX is the left-right direction on the white stick and CstickX is the left-right direction on the yellow stick.

Wait I just noticed you can press your joysticks? I guess yours is more than just a usb replica of the original gamecube controller then. If you want to register these buttons, even though the gamecube doesn't have them but nintendont can use them to reset the system, you'd have to add these two lines:
    RAnalog=
    LAnalog=
    Just add them at the end of your .ini.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted