Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

TimpZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I lied I tried it now. It worked great. Hopefully that solves the problem I had with forcing PAL60 out of NTSC as well. Again thank you, it might've sounded obvious but I'm not used to such viral projects and you can't google this stuff :P.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the full file size for melee? is it around 1.425 gigs? I thought using the uncompressed iso I had would fix the input problems, but they're still present..

I also remember not having these input problems when I played it on my wii with the built in gamecube controller ports using the same iso i've been using on my wii u. So I don't think its an iso problem.

EDIT: I also know it's not an issue with my controller because I tested my controller on the gamecube directly and I didn't have any problems on there.

I just tested this out and i believe you might be onto something. Adeka can you try dash dancing in with your gamecube adapter. It is way harder than what i remember. (i havent played melee in a serious manner in a long time so my memory could be of, i do play project M but i think the dash dancing is intentionally easier in that game but i could be wrong)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably because all HID controllers have a bit of input lag (so small you can't notice it). More noticeable for those hardcore meleers.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably because all HID controllers have a bit of input lag (so small you can't notice it). More noticeable for those hardcore meleers.

except that i just tried my ps4 controller and the dash dancing was a lot easier hmm rndi do you have any other supported hid controllers you can use to try dash dancing (ps3, ps4, etc)?

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your running through an adapter too, more input lag

i think you might be right, it is easier on a ps4 controller but i still cannot do it in project M levels. So it might be some form of input lag at work here

kinda ironic also that the bluetooth controllers have less input lag than the wired controllers

rndi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you might be right, it is easier on a ps4 controller but i still cannot do it in project M levels. So it might be some form of input lag at work here

kinda ironic also that the bluetooth controllers have less input lag than the wired controllers
I do agree it has something to do with some of the input lag from the adapter, but even if it was just input lag i feel like it would still register the dash in the opposite direction in time for the game to know that I'm performing a dash dance (instead of performing the animation where the character turns around after dashing for a while, which is my problem).

I've heard of something called "dead zones" on the analog and c-stick of the native gamecube controls and I don't think the hid controller config for the adapters take that into account.

Also strikerdark, yes I have tried using the wii u pro controller and it still feels exactly the same. I don't know if the Wii U Pro controller would have the same or more input lag than the adapter though.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those of you with dash dancing problems

You do know that different characters are harder/easier to dash dance. Make sure when doing comparisons you are using the same character.

each game has its own deadzone not controlled by nintendont. unless your inividual controller has a problem in a particular game dont set the deadzone in nintendont.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You do know that different characters are harder/easier to dash dance. Make sure when doing comparisons you are using the same character.

each game has its own deadzone not controlled by nintendont. unless your inividual controller has a problem in a particular game dont set the deadzone in nintendont.

i just tried to play the game with the same gamecube controller on my old wii with gamecube ports that i have in another room. I used Nintendont and the only difference in settings was that i turned off HID and turned on Native Controls. As a I thought, Dash Dancing was definetely made easier in Project M, however, there is definetely a problem with the controller configuration with the gamecube adapter since i can dash dance (not very well) on my old wii with gamecube ports when playing Melee. But using the same controllers I find that i cannot dash dance at all on the gamecube adapter. It could be lag, it could be simply that the radius or dead zone of the controller are not set up correctly (if they are set up incorrectly it would be a very small error that would not show itself except in an input heavy game like smash) But i really dont know.

Edit: also in all my tests I always used Fox to test it

Also strikerdark, yes I have tried using the wii u pro controller and it still feels exactly the same. I don't know if the Wii U Pro controller would have the same or more input lag than the adapter though.

You should try again with the Wii U Pro Controller cause i found dash dancing to be possible with it

rndi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup I've been using the same characters and multiple characters on top of that and it doesn't feel quite the same as it does on the gcn and wii.

You should try again with the Wii U Pro Controller cause i found dash dancing to be possible with it
Oh snap, I'm sorry. Dash dancing actually works perfectly with the wii u pro controller. So yea, it must just be the adapter.

EDIT:
rndi Howard just released a new version of Nintendont that fixed the dash dancing issue.

Oh, sweet! :yay:

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I've been using the same characters and multiple characters on top of that and it doesn't feel quite the same as it does on the gcn and wii.

Oh snap, I'm sorry. Dash dancing actually works perfectly with the wii u pro controller. So yea, it must just be the adapter.

its been fixed, both Howard and FIX94 released separate updates that fix the issue with the gamecube adapter

rndi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing:

this is not directly related to nintendont controller configs, but will the adapter be programmed to be compatible with usb loader gx(or other usb loaders) when launching wii games, namely for brawl(PM)?

Has it been done already?

I suspect it wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing:

this is not directly related to nintendont controller configs, but will the adapter be programmed to be compatible with usb loader gx(or other usb loaders) when launching wii games, namely for brawl(PM)?

Has it been done already?

I suspect it wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

No, the only way to do this would be for Project M developers to add support to the gamecube adapter.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone had any success with the fake ds3s made by gasia? the ones that give the 7004 error when you add in the controller.ini but report the same offset / values as a real ds3 without.
I saw on twitter they could be fixed by providing a usblyzer log, how do I go about this?
one common thing about these gasia fakes is they give the wrong bluetooth info "PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-ghic" instead of "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller".
I was also getting analog values from the dpad & L2 / R2 and digital values for L3 / R3, no analog values for icon shaped buttons though.

L2 - 18, FF
R2 - 19, FF
Up - 14, FF
Down - 16, FF
Left - 17, FF
Right - 15, FF
L3 - 02, 02
R3 - 02, 04

Update: Changing the polltype to 1 fixed it, guess it works differently on the fakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1