Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has anyone tried this one yet?

Location Name: Narita Airport
SSID: NRT-AIRPORT

Location Name:McDonald's Japan (checked from other branches Tokyo & Chiba uses the same SSID)
SSID: mobilepoint *40 Bit Hex WEP Key to: 696177616b
I tried both with no success. I tried using both the unprotected one and the WEP one. Nothing. Perhaps there is a region lock on NZ locations to prevent users from downloading Japanese demo games.

I tried both SSID on my JPN 3DS, unfortunately it did not work. Seems that we are unable to determine what SSID is used for JPN Nintendo Zone...

wait you have japanese 3DS right have you tried downloading US Demos to it? did it work?

kindamark

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hello
i also have japanese 3DS
I can use japanese 3DS to browse US Nintendo zone
but demos are not downloadable
some ssid in japan are below

McDonalds : mobilepoint
つくばエクスプレス : wifine
NEXCO東日本 : 0001softbank
7-11 : 7SPOT

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, seriously, no pointers for little ol' me? :( I'm stuck here...
I seriously don't see how hard it is to change the name of your WiFi access point and disable security. What are you having issues with?
It's just that I was trying not to use my router, and I wanted to use my sis netbook to do the work. Yes, it seems to work when I do it with the router, but my only connection is open for everyone :/ also, the thing is already shared with the house, so if it gets messed up and I can't fix it, wonder what's gonna happen...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Not working here D: Got a PAL 3DS. I set the SSID to attwifi and 3DS automatically picked it up. But when I go onto the application it just says 'coming soon' and something about the blue light flashing when content is available. Then I tried changing the 3DS' region to Australia and had exactly the same thing.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hmm, seriously, no pointers for little ol' me? :( I'm stuck here...
I seriously don't see how hard it is to change the name of your WiFi access point and disable security. What are you having issues with?
It's just that I was trying not to use my router, and I wanted to use my sis netbook to do the work. Yes, it seems to work when I do it with the router, but my only connection is open for everyone :/ also, the thing is already shared with the house, so if it gets messed up and I can't fix it, wonder what's gonna happen...
Here's what I did: I made a guest network with the properties of a NZ hotspot and I just disable guest networks when I don't want to use it. You don't have to change any of your regular settings that way.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did notice that when you get the error from trying to connect to a renamed hot spot from another country that says unable to communicate, it's because the 3ds doesn't recognize the name. I do a search after getting this error and it doesn't even show up, just gives the error saying that there isn't one available. Is it possible that it also sees your location through the net connection? Or that the ssid of the US ones are coded into the software.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
hello
i also have japanese 3DS
I can use japanese 3DS to browse US Nintendo zone
but demos are not downloadable
some ssid in japan are below

McDonalds : mobilepoint
つくばエクスプレス : wifine
NEXCO東日本 : 0001softbank
7-11 : 7SPOT

Tried all the JPN SSID above unfortunately none of them works...

So far I have tried:
mobilepoint
7SPOT
Freespot
0001softbank
wifine
FON_AP
NRT-AIRPORT
Unfortunately none of them work. All of them returned as Error, unable to connect :(

JasonAshley

Trophies
XP
Hello,
Anyone have any luck with a Windows 7 virtual router (in the US)?
PLEASE HELP ME! A password is always required to create one, so I don't know what I should do.
Thanks!

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
im in dr, changed the name of the router, removed security and did a mac filtering. guys afraid of someone getting into ur wifi do the mac filtering. allowing only your devices.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Source:

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iXFYH0HqR0E[/media]

Instructions:

Recommended items:​

1. A Mac​
2. Ethernet cable​
3. Router or modem​
4. Broadband Internet connection​

Step 1. Connect your Mac to a router or modem via Ethernet cable.​

Step 2. Go to Internet Sharing (Apple Menu, System Preferences, Sharing). Share your connection from ethernet to computers using Wi-Fi (Make sure Wi-Fi is checked).​

Step 3. Click Wi-Fi Options.​

Network Name: attwifi​
Channel: 1​
Security: None​

Step 4. Check Internet Sharing!​

Step 5: Your Nintendo 3DS should automatically connect to your Mac. If you have an existing wireless connection, then your Nintendo 3DS may connect to that instead. To fix this, go to the Internet settings on the Nintendo 3DS and slightly edit the SSID on it. (i.e. Wireless would be Wireles)​

Note: This can be done with any wireless router by changing the SSID name of the router to attwifi, enabling SSID broadcast, and disabling the security. However, your wireless security will be extremely vulnerable.​

I'm at work so I can't try this yet, but people on NeoGAF has confirmed this working.

Hope someone could find more wifi name of Nintendo hotspots (Best Buy for example) to test.
it doesn't work for me. I make a wifi network via adhoc (temporarily disabling my main network) and then I make the adhoc network named attwifi. It says on my 3DS that it can connect but when I try to connect via nintendo zone app, it doesn't work.

Forte89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[font="'comic sans ms"]with my router all i did was change the ssid to attwifi and i get access to nintendo zone at all times, and yes i'm using win7 so its just not for macs.[/font]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1