Hacking Nintendo Zone in your own home!

loco365

Trophies
XP
has anyone tried this one yet?

Location Name: Narita Airport
SSID: NRT-AIRPORT

Location Name:McDonald's Japan (checked from other branches Tokyo & Chiba uses the same SSID)
SSID: mobilepoint *40 Bit Hex WEP Key to: 696177616b
I tried both with no success. I tried using both the unprotected one and the WEP one. Nothing. Perhaps there is a region lock on NZ locations to prevent users from downloading Japanese demo games.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country

Location Name:McDonald's Japan (checked from other branches Tokyo & Chiba uses the same SSID)
I tried both with no success. I tried using both the unprotected one and the WEP one. Nothing. Perhaps there is a region lock on NZ locations to prevent users from downloading Japanese demo games.

I tried both SSID on my JPN 3DS, unfortunately it did not work. Seems that we are unable to determine what SSID is used for JPN Nintendo Zone...

loco365

Trophies
XP

I tried both SSID on my JPN 3DS, unfortunately it did not work. Seems that we are unable to determine what SSID is used for JPN Nintendo Zone...
Ok then. Disregard my Region Locking idea.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
JPN have another special distribution of software. This time it is at TSUTAYAでDS

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/08009644.html

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, ok, I need some help with this. I have a basic router for my usb modem with 3G internet, a desktop computer, a laptop and a netbook. I use mainly my desktop.

Can I use this setup for creating the Nintendo Zone? My 3DS is certainly US model, but since I'm in Brazil, there is no nintendo zone available here. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I COULD DO THIS TRICK.

edit: I have a wifi link usb dongle, And used it to make a hotspot for my old DS - Problem is that I need to reinstall it, and it was a complete pain to install in W7.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Ok, ok, I need some help with this. I have a basic router for my usb modem with 3G internet, a desktop computer, a laptop and a netbook. I use mainly my desktop.

Can I use this setup for creating the Nintendo Zone? My 3DS is certainly US model, but since I'm in Brazil, there is no nintendo zone available here. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I COULD DO THIS TRICK.

edit: I have a wifi link usb dongle, And used it to make a hotspot for my old DS - Problem is that I need to reinstall it, and it was a complete pain to install in W7.

You can create a hotspot from your Windows 7 or Windows Vista... there's no need to a specific program to do that, but I think that using a program called conectfy is the easiest way... but I give you an advice our Brazilian 3G internet are not so fast, so expect some huge loading times...

Now I heard a good rumour for us... maybe saraiva store will host the Brazilian Nintendo zone. Let's pray!

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well this works with my EU 3DS! I set my Wifi SSID to attwifi and the channel to 1 and off it went. Changing the region to Australia let me have all the US content it seems.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

You can create a hotspot from your Windows 7 or Windows Vista... there's no need to a specific program to do that, but I think that using a program called conectfy is the easiest way... but I give you an advice our Brazilian 3G internet are not so fast, so expect some huge loading times...

Now I heard a good rumour for us... maybe saraiva store will host the Brazilian Nintendo zone. Let's pray!
Dood, plz, i'm SO used to dead slow internetz that I don't have problem with waiting. It's my MAIN internet, you know?

Anyway, tell me more about how to create a hotspot in win7. I'm sure I can't do that on my desktop, since it doesn't have a wireless device to connect to my router. I'll look for that program you said too. thanks.

Also... SARAAAIIIVA, O SENHOR POR AQUIII [bad brazilian joke, don't mind, guys :V]

edit: I tried conectify, but not only I'd need a pro version [paid] but also it seems to require password to create the wifi hotspot...
So, waiting more info on how to create a hotspot on win7... gotta sleep now, bye~

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, I tried it on my sis netbook [only one with the option to create adhoc hotspot] and it did work for a second [nintendo zone icon started glowing and there was the notice and all that.]

Then again, I couldn't properly connect to the nintendo zone, and now when I reconnect my sis laptop to the wireless network it doesn't share internet... I fail completely at network stuff. X/

edit: used a recovery point, and it's connecting now... man, this is lame.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well this works with my EU 3DS! I set my Wifi SSID to attwifi and the channel to 1 and off it went. Changing the region to Australia let me have all the US content it seems.
I can confirm this. Changing region to Australia lets you access US Nintendo Zone. Demos don't seem to work, but I can watch the Pokémon episodes.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I can confirm this. Changing region to Australia lets you access US Nintendo Zone. Demos don't seem to work, but I can watch the Pokémon episodes.
They don't? What happens when you try?

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
As soon as it starts downloading, it errors out and says I should reboot and try again. Error 013-8900.

loco365

Trophies
XP
As soon as it starts downloading, it errors out and says I should reboot and try again. Error 013-8900.
Hm. I wouldn't mind trying on my US/CAN 3DS and try a Japanese demo. Gotta wait until we get a JPN SSID though. Perhaps it might be different.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Read this.

It might help.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm. I wouldn't mind trying on my US/CAN 3DS and try a Japanese demo. Gotta wait until we get a JPN SSID though. Perhaps it might be different.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Read this.

It might help.
I have, it's a pretty generic error description. I can load Nintendo Zone and the Pokémon videos just fine so I really don't think it's my Access Point causing it.

One of the two demos in the Nintendo Zone is Mario & Sonic 2012, and that one's not even available in Europe.

EDIT: Also, I can download the Crush 3D demo from the Australian eShop just fine.

mullenlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this and it worked very well. Pretty cool and easy, can't wait until pokemon stuff starts coming on. Hopefully it will work with flashcards.. not sure if Nintendo has any control of that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?