Nintendo: Third-party failure on Wii not our fault

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to admit, Nintendo is very stupid when it comes to some decisions. While I won't just swtch to another console (sony), I would probably put Nintendo on the back burner and play a different console. I agree with guild, and I am getting sick of suckish nintendo titles, and poor excuses!
mad.gif

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Typical of Nintendo, blaming the fans. Not our fault, it's the install base. Why don't you kick some more doors and drop some more bracelets, motherfuckers?

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what do shovelware have in common with the third party support of a console? thought about previous gen times, compared to gamecube and xbox the ps2 was the most successfull plattform, with the most games, and a lot of these games were shovelware too, but remember the ps2 didn't lack of third party support:.

Jamstruth said:
DSGamer64 said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Lawlz, Nintendo is so idiotic at times! If they can control what's going to be put on the console, they can control the amount of shovelware developed for it also.
rolleyes.gif

No, shovelware is the publishers fault.

Software must be licensed by Nintendo and recieve the "Seal of *snigger*Quality*snigger*" before going to market. The result of this is that Nintendo CAN stop games going to market if they deem them too buggy. Unfortunately this doesn't happen and we get the game that has been posted in this thread. I can see why this doesn't happen as rejecting titles will discourage that developer from bothering again and you get less games.

As to the lack of HD hardware...well that only encourages low quality games as your platform is a LOT cvheaper to develop for as less effort needs to be put into the game's graphics etc. None of this would matter if we had good gameplay but all we really get is waggle.

the seal of quality of big n isn't what it used to be in the past anymore, it offers no issue to the real quality of a game, it just show's that the game was oficially licensed by nintendo and can be legally selled for nintendo hardware. so also new developers get a chance to create and have success with their game series. and why should ninty invest money in stopping games? no one is forced to buy games, the success and exchange of software is regulated by the buyers, there is a automatic regulation in any market, games that aren't good will be sorted out. it's that simple:.

in my oppinion it is obviously the fault of the publishers:. wouldn't it even be easier and cheaper to program a qualitative really good game for wii than a equaly good game for the next-gen consoles? that plus the fact that the wii is the most selled console (which means a bigger number of customers = greater exchange coupled with lower development costs), should make them consider to develope more games with high quality for the wii:.
they're just miscalculating their capacities:. these noobs
hate2.gif

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo, to me, has been a very faithful GAMING company. I didn't buy a Wii at launch (nor any other console at launch) as thats a very stupid thing to do, especially with something as skeptical as the Wii. I waited for its library to build up, and it did, and got one Summer 2007. The console itself is a breath of fresh air, but I can see why others could get tired of it quick. But this is the only generation post-SNES where nintendo did not screw over 3rd parties. The N64 turned away people because of the cartridges. The GCN turned people away because the PS2 was much more popular and the smaller storage capacity in mini dvds were outshined by the PS2. At that point and time I would say the popularity of the console would predict the number of classic titles for it. This generation? Not so much.

The hype of "HD" gaming with the introduction of the 360, along with its PC like structure makes it very attractive to 3rd parties. But the 360 has arguably only had Gears of War, Modern Warfare, and Halo. Everything else was Multiplats. And GoW, MW, and Halo aren't even good. They look nice and thats it. And you think with the huge install base of the Wii, a motion controlled shooter would be GLORIOUS AND SELL WELL. And it is, as anyone with the recent COD, or Prime 3 will tell you. But it isn't to most people, because the graphics wouldn't be up to snuff. They COULD be up to snuff, but they wouldn't, because devs aren't willing to go that extra mile with Wii games, especially not with series that aren't even exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

And the amount of shovelware thats be shoved onto the Wii is not Nintendo's fault. Your talking about a company that has had bad 3rd party relations for the last decade, and refusing a game to be sold on their console would be sending all the wrong signals. But then again, its always been like that. The PS2 has loads of shovelware, the PS1 has loads of shovelware, the SNES has loads of shovelware. Its always like that with the console with the biggest install base. But the targeted demographic changed so much this generation, that developers aren't willing to go that extra mile for both casual and hardcore. The Wii can do some pretty nice stuff, and it can still look nice in 480p. If anything, the only thing that should hurt the Wii is the impossibility of implementing decent physics engines on it. But almost all the games with deep physics engines were mediocre on the 360/PS3 anyway.

Also, 3rd parties need to advertise their damn games. Nintendo advertises pretty much EVERY in house game that they release and they sell bucketloads, AAA title or not. A recent example would be Muramasa, I can honestly said I would not know about that game if not for the internet. I'm not even sure if it was in any magazines either. You can't complain about low sales on the Wii and shovelware blah blah blah when you don't advertise.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
I think Nintendo is being an ass.

Sure, there's plenty of shitty third party games that don't have the shine and polish that others do and thusly do bad, but there's plenty that do. MadWorld bombed. HotD: Overkill bombed. The Conduit didn't bomb, but it didn't do too well. The same story goes for game after game. It's not an issue with the games, it's an issue with Nintendo's marketing. They didn't sell it as a console for everyone; they sold it as a console for every non-gamer out their.

And Nintendo is saying that it's not their fault their console specs suck is just bullshit. I'm not a huge nitpick for graphics; I mean, I've played both Quantum and Valhalla Knights and like them both, even if they are ugly as sin. But when the graphics hinder the game itself, that's a problem. Take Dead Rising. The Wii's limited graphical capabilities prevented it from being anywhere near as good as its current gen brotheren. The zombies were much, much less. That's one of the things that made it get average or poor scores. Not to mention that you won't ever, ever make a Wii game look as good as a PS3 or 360 game. And when developers want a game to look good, they don't go to the Wii. Even high quality third party Wii titles take different avenues. MadWorld has a unique visual style that made it work on a lower spec console. No More Heroes has the same deal, with its what I guess would call cell shading. A Boy and His Blob and Muramasa are both just well drawn 2-D, something that would look near identical on any system. Sure, there's games that look "good" that don't take these avenues, like The Conduit, but it still gets blown out of the water by games like Call of Duty (on 360/PS3), Halo, etc.

I'm sorry, but not having HD capabilites by the next gen is a joke. I don't care if you do something that lets both non-HD and HD games work, but you NEED some type of HD. Even me, someone who puts graphics on the very low end of the necessity spectrum, gets a little pissy when I watch my brother play Modern Warfare 2 and realize that I can't ever have something that good. And by next gen, Sony and Microsoft will be able to market their systems to appeal to both hardcore and casual gamers as well as give a good graphics engine and take no short cuts. Look at Sony now. They're marketing the PS3 as a "family" system. Bluray movies, LittleBigPlanet, it's all the rage. Imagine next gen when Sony can put all that and more to work. Nintendo can't rely on milking the casual crowd for long. They need a system that can compete on a level of Sony and Microsoft, since right now it's simply not competing. It's in its own sales demographic.

I'm getting sick of Nintendo. By next gen I'm gonna go to Sony, odds are. Hell, if I had the cash, I'd switch to Sony right now and buy a Slim.

Sad, but 100% true.
unsure.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
sony has always been gr8 (ps2 being the obvious proof)
maybe later nintendo will realise how weak the console has become and may change their weak policy

u may never know when ps3 might travel thru the skies (in terms of sales etc)

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought an xbox a few months ago, it's fun but a lot of fps and racing. In that way nintendo has some very unique games. I just like to play with both consoles but maybe I prefer my Wii a bit more. In the beginning hd is very impressive, but after a few times you get used to it. The only thing is that you can do a lot more with the game if you have a lot of grfx power.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.