Hardware Nintendo Switch vs PS5 vs Xbox Two (Scorpio)

Which will win in the 9th Generation of Consoles?

• Nintendo Switch

• PS5

• Xbox Two

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo claims it's a home console that is portable.
Yes, but the XB1 is also a home console. Barely stronger than Switch and it's not even portable. Switch isn't competing with PS4 Pro/Scorpio, those are in an entirely different price bracket. They most likely won't sell as well as PS4/XB1 anyway. Although the possibility still exists for an SCD to make Switch competitive with Pro/Scorpio. Would just be a few years down the line and only if Switch sells well.

Last edited by Xzi,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, but the XB1 is also a home console. Barely stronger than Switch and it's not even portable. Switch isn't competing with PS4 Pro/Scorpio, those are in an entirely different price bracket. They most likely won't sell as well as PS4/XB1 anyway. Although the possibility still exists for an SCD to make Switch competitive with Pro/Scorpio. Would just be a few years down the line and only if Switch sells well.
Please give me proof it is. First facts and proof before you say something. Xbox handles unreal engine in high settings aa enabled. Switch does it in medium settings with no AA enabled in 720p that has been proven enough times with pixel counters. Please provide proof before spouting nonsense.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Please give me proof it is. First facts and proof before you say something. Xbox handles unreal engine in high settings aa enabled. Switch does it in medium settings with no AA enabled in 720p that has been proven enough times with pixel counters. Please provide proof before spouting nonsense.
Lol Switch does UE4 1080p medium settings with FXAA. It's right in the engine presets. This has been known for a long time now, keep up.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol Switch does UE4 1080p medium settings with FXAA. It's right in the engine presets. This has been known for a long time now, keep up.
Nope no AA enabled. Otherwise there wouldn't jaggies everywhere. Digital foundry also said there's no trace of AA. Where is your proof because you never seem to provide that. Need proof the switch has AA enabled. Show me a screenshot of a game with aa enabled

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: DrkBeam

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope no AA enabled. Otherwise there wouldn't jaggies everywhere. Digital foundry also said there's no trace of AA
Why the hell are you citing ancient rumor articles as opposed to hard facts? The "jaggies" you're referring to probably aren't even in UE4 games. Nor does AA remove all "jaggies" even on XB1/PS4.

Last edited by Xzi,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why the hell are you citing ancient rumor articles as opposed to hard facts? The "jaggies" you're referring to probably aren't even in UE4 games. Nor does AA remove all "jaggies" even on XB1/PS4.
Then please do provide me proof as i'm providing you that there's no AA. I'm waiting fanboy

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then please do provide me proof as i'm providing you that there's no AA. I'm waiting fanboy
You've provided me no proof, just cited an old article/video discussing a game that isn't running on UE4. I cited to you the UE4 engine preset info which clearly indicates Switch using FXAA docked and fast-FXAA portable.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You've provided me no proof, just cited an old article/video discussing a game that isn't running on UE4. I cited to you the UE4 engine preset info which clearly indicates Switch using FXAA docked and fast-FXAA portable.
Then please do provide me proof that a game is running with AA enabled

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then please do provide me proof that a game is running with AA enabled
What game are we talking about? You're probably referring to BotW, which is not a UE4 game. If you want an example of a UE4 game running on Switch with FXAA clearly enabled, here's Snake Pass: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120840159 (skip to about 20 mins or a little later).

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What game are we talking about? You're probably referring to BotW, which is not a UE4 game. If you want an example of a UE4 game running on Switch with FXAA clearly enabled, here's Snake Pass: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120840159 (skip to about 20 mins or a little later).
Botw, splatoon, mario, ...
No AA on that link. Still see lots of jaggies

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
These are not UE4 games where the default preset is FXAA on. I'm pretty sure BotW is using FXAA, however, and what you're perceiving as jaggies is simply the 900p as a result of being mostly a WiiU port.
AA softens edges. Even if it would be a wii u port you still wouldn't see jaggies everywhere if AA would be enabled. It being a port is no excuse for it having jaggies. In the end yes it's powerful for a handheld but nearly not as strong as an xbox one wich is underpowered to begin with as a home console wich you're claiming it almost to be. 720p medium settings no AA vs 900p high setting AA enabled is a major difference

Last edited by kumikochan,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
AA softens edges. Even if it would be a wii u port you still wouldn't see jaggies everywhere if AA would be enabled. It being a port is no excuse for it having jaggies
Jaggies are noticeable for me on every console. FXAA doesn't completely eliminate them, and neither does the minimal AA implemented by XB1/PS4. Switch doesn't need an excuse when the occasional game runs at 900p30 and looks more jaggy as a result, because that's a common resolution drop on XB1 as well, and again, it doesn't even have the portable aspect.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jaggies are noticeable for me on every console. FXAA doesn't completely eliminate them, and neither does the minimal AA implemented by XB1/PS4. Switch doesn't need an excuse when the occasional game runs at 900p30 and looks more jaggy as a result, because that's a common resolution drop on XB1 as well, and again, it doesn't even have the portable aspect.
Switch 720p medium settings no AA vs 900p high settings AA enabled. Still a major difference to you claiming it to be almost as powerful. The xbox one is already underpowered. As a handheld it holds it ground but as a home console it doesn't. I'm not complaining just pointing out your point of it almost being as strong as not true

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Switch 720p medium settings no AA vs 900p high settings AA enabled. Still a major difference to you claiming it to be almost as powerful. The xbox one is already underpowered. As a handheld it holds it ground but as a home console it doesn't. I'm not complaining just pointing out your point of it almost being as strong as not true
Why are you comparing Switch's portable specs to XB1's "docked" specs? I'm not saying it's almost as powerful as a portable, I'm saying it's almost as powerful when docked (1080p/900p) and 720p portable mode is a great extra that XB1 just doesn't have.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why are you comparing Switch's portable specs to XB1's "docked" specs? I'm not saying it's almost as powerful as a portable, I'm saying it's almost as powerful when docked (1080p/900p) and 720p portable mode is a great extra that XB1 just doesn't have.
I'm not gonna copy paste but you clearly said it being almost as powerful wich it cleqrly isn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E