Nintendo Switch update picked up by ylws8bot

46DAEAEB-ECF5-4296-BCF8-72306118483A.png

Time to update! Or not. For now, we’re cautiously waiting it out to see what this new firmware brings to the stability table. The ylws8 site doesn’t show much, and Nintendo’s official website hasn’t yet updated itself to share what features or stability the new firmware offers. Additionally, reports seem to indicate that the update itself isn’t even live for users to download—just that it’s been picked up by the update checking bot.

Update-details generation datetime: 2021-03-09 00:05:12+00:00

SDK versions:

11.4.0 (.0)

The titles' .*info files are now available (title descriptions were also updated if needed/successful), see the report title-listing.

Started sysmodule SwIPC-generation task. Output will be available with the above .info files via the report title-listing page, this will take a while to finish for all sysmodules.

:arrow: Source

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your loss
Not really if you own a ps2 and upwards the switch is a massive port whore.

Even its first parties 99% are ported off the cube and upwards.

I have to be honest, switch games that i actually own, 5, if your to look at my nintendo collection you see as each new console comes out, the collection of games gets less and less.

Bit like game stores, the shelf space for nintendo switch is like one little rack.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Still in 5.1.0 on an original Switch, still not hacking it... for some reason.

What's funny is that I was just like you...until Nintendo started to crack down on jigs that had no copyrighted software on them.....bought a jig on AMZN and did it because Nintendo didn't want me to.

Lost another customer due to arrogance. If they left jigs alone I might have still left it unhacked.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not really if you own a ps2 and upwards the switch is a massive port whore.

Even its first parties 99% are ported off the cube and upwards.

I have to be honest, switch games that i actually own, 5, if your to look at my nintendo collection you see as each new console comes out, the collection of games gets less and less.

Bit like game stores, the shelf space for nintendo switch is like one little rack.

He's talking about modding it

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not really what i was getting it.

Pointless modding a rare console for games your likely already got or can buy cheaper.

This unpatched console will fetch a nice price thus profit.

So being able to have every console emulated up to dreamcast portable isn't worth it? It's worth it just for near perfect n64 alone..
And how will modding it affect it's price? Especially seeing as you can restore it back to stock

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So being able to have every console emulated up to dreamcast portable isn't worth it? It's worth it just for near perfect n64 alone..
And how will modding it affect it's price? Especially seeing as you can restore it back to stock
Emulation on the switch is not great, dc isnt great.

You failed again, ever hear of console collectors, rare models such as this, increases its value.

Regardless if you can roll back the exploit or not, once its been modded a collector wont give you its value as its been tampered.

If you own a rare model and not sure to mod or not, no point as point made was majority of switch games are old ports from ps2 and upwards.

And these can be emulated or bought for a few quid.

Personally id keep it as a collector item and watch its value go up as these models get even more rare to find.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Milenko your avatar is from that Alex Kid game that doesn't suck? I have that one, took 13 years to best because I didn't knew you had to imput a stupid code to finish it. Guess what my nickname sounds like if you change a letter or two.

The main reason I haven't hacked the Switch yet is because I sm afraid of breaking it. That and right now I am trying to hack my Vita.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Emulation on the switch is not great, dc isnt great.

You failed again, ever hear of console collectors, rare models such as this, increases its value.

Regardless if you can roll back the exploit or not, once its been modded a collector wont give you its value as its been tampered.

If you own a rare model and not sure to mod or not, no point as point made was majority of switch games are old ports from ps2 and upwards.

And these can be emulated or bought for a few quid.

Personally id keep it as a collector item and watch its value go up as these models get even more rare to find.

You can't tell its ever been modified if you restore a clean NAND. Take care of it and keep the box and it's brand new again.

Majority of DC is fine and everything before that is great so don't know where you're getting it's bad from

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Milenko your avatar is from that Alex Kid game that doesn't suck? I have that one, took 13 years to best because I didn't knew you had to imput a stupid code to finish it. Guess what my nickname sounds like if you change a letter or two.

The main reason I haven't hacked the Switch yet is because I sm afraid of breaking it. That and right now I am trying to hack my Vita.

I always read your name as radaxian haha

Miracle world was my first game

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

It was the second game I owed, first was a Game and Watch clone were you picked fruit with a giraffe. Still have it and my Master System still works, but had to change the charger as it died of old age.

Anyway, I am really paranoid sometimes, I didn't hack a 3DS until I bought a third one just to get it hacked for example.

Right now I am trying to hack my Vita but insists that I should update firmware to use PSN so I will have to do a manual hack instead.

Man hacking a Wii is so easy in 2021, It took me a hour to hack my spare Wii, my main one has overheating problems and that was mostly the time it took to download everything and install all Wads.

I guess I am lazy and I want something as easy as Luma is for the 3DS or something.

Edit: Found it!

Interesting enough the game had a PSP mini remake that was freaking terrible. Too bad I lost the game, nowadays it would be worth a bundle, more so if I had keep the box.

Last edited by raxadian,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't tell its ever been modified if you restore a clean NAND. Take care of it and keep the box and it's brand new again.

Majority of DC is fine and everything before that is great so don't know where you're getting it's bad from

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As a collector myself when i buy consoles i know what to look for and the switch has signs if its used an exploit even if you do a nand backup.

Dc ive tried and its nothing near as good as my mobile.

So i dont get where your getting your info from.

But you miss the point as all nintendo fans do, games the switch gets are 99% old ports, i already own and emulate on my mobile and laptop.

Why buy a new console to play old games i can buy for cheaper.

Thst alone is incentive to keep the console as is and as its rare, watch its vlaue go up and up.

If you sit on it, it will be worth loads.

Example.

Conkers bad fur day on n64 bought brand new on release day and instantly placed into a thick plastic container, never opened, no marks, its value is so far 10x what i paid.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It was my first video game ever (seen and played) as well, but looking in retrospect, it's way too short and reliant on artificial difficulty. Still, just like most 8bit era games.

It also was unfair due to fear of kids just renting the game. Problem was... THE GAME CAME WITH THE FREAKING CONSOLE!

So no kid ever rented it unless they also had to rent the Master System, heck the Master System 3 even included it bundled on the Bios I think?

Nowadays I would like a remake WITHOUT Yankendo and without a stupid code to finish the game.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
As a collector myself when i buy consoles i know what to look for and the switch has signs if its used an exploit even if you do a nand backup.

Dc ive tried and its nothing near as good as my mobile.

So i dont get where your getting your info from.

But you miss the point as all nintendo fans do, games the switch gets are 99% old ports, i already own and emulate on my mobile and laptop.

Why buy a new console to play old games i can buy for cheaper.

Thst alone is incentive to keep the console as is and as its rare, watch its vlaue go up and up.

If you sit on it, it will be worth loads.

Example.

Conkers bad fur day on n64 bought brand new on release day and instantly placed into a thick plastic container, never opened, no marks, its value is so far 10x what i paid.

So what signs exactly? For my switch I have an extra joycon I bent the pins on, there's no way you could tell it had ever been modded if I restored the original nand. If you're hellbent on leaving it in a box as an investment then I don't know what to tell you, I'd rather have fun with it now

Don't know why you mention the switch having ports every post, this is about modding.. if you want to emulate stuff on your phone and pc and have every physical console and every game or flashcarts sitting around thats great but I'd rather have just one console that does all of that

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what signs exactly? For my switch I have an extra joycon I bent the pins on, there's no way you could tell it had ever been modded if I restored the original nand. If you're hellbent on leaving it in a box as an investment then I don't know what to tell you, I'd rather have fun with it now

Don't know why you mention the switch having ports every post, this is about modding.. if you want to emulate stuff on your phone and pc and have every physical console and every game or flashcarts sitting around thats great but I'd rather have just one console that does all of that
Because you donut the guy owns a rare model and thinking is it worth modding.

Lossing value, to play old ports.

Hmmm

And maybe use google to find ways of knowing if a console has been modded as its easy even if it has had a nand, which fyi if he wants to play games, he will require and updated which makes his initial nand useless unless....

Switch is a crap console, litrally all games i have on it, i already own on other systems.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Because you donut the guy owns a rare model and thinking is it worth modding.

Lossing value, to play old ports.

Hmmm

And maybe use google to find ways of knowing if a console has been modded as its easy even if it has had a nand, which fyi if he wants to play games, he will require and updated which makes his initial nand useless unless....

Switch is a crap console, litrally all games i have on it, i already own on other systems.

Instead of telling me to use Google maybe tell me the ways YOU use, like you said you did earlier? Or as I'm guessing you don't have any..

Updating doesn't matter, I'm on 11.0.0 but I saved my fuses and can go back to my clean 1.0.0 and it's like it never happened

And jesus christ, stop talking about ports, I get you obviously bought ports and regret it but im talking about emulation not owning skyrim for the 3rd time

apaltado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So...what kinda name is "ylws8bot", anyway? Keyboard smash + bot?
"yellows8bot", yellows8 it's an username. i remember when i started modding my 3ds i used browserhax, you had to write an url everytime you wanted to run the exploit. and in the url it said ylws8. i wrote the url so many times that i never forgot xd i think he was an active member on the 3ds scene

Last edited by apaltado,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.