Nintendo Switch Online gets four new Sega Genesis games this month

This month will see the addition of a few new-old titles to the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service. Four classics are headed to NSO, all of them Sega Genesis games. You can relive retro experiences in Golden Axe 2, Columns, Alien Storm, and Virtua Fighter 2, or try them out for the first time, available now on the service.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there decent it's a shame the genesis collection has crap online is what i heard from someone. also no wonderboy games... UGH...

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More games to play when I’m on my non cfw switch, mainly my switch lite. Anyway most people I believe mainly pay for online for actual switch games. I find these add on games as an extra. Just want the street fighter games on here though because I know people that don’t have cfw switch’s that’s I want to play with.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there decent it's a shame the genesis collection has crap online is what i heard from someone. also no wonderboy games... UGH...
sega managed to fuck up the mini 2 by not including the lunar games. I mean the Japanese got them, so god damn, that is just fucked up. had to import them from Japan as well, the American version I mean, possibly European as well.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sega managed to fuck up the mini 2 by not including the lunar games. I mean the Japanese got them, so god damn, that is just fucked up. had to import them from Japan as well, the American version I mean, possibly European as well.
sega's fucking up like nintendo. i miss the 90's....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sega's fucking up like nintendo. i miss the 90's....
I've been impressed by Sony lately. Got 2 generations of games to play. Just wish that star ocean 3 didn't crash at random, heard even the ps2 version has this problem. It kinda pisses me off.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This month will see the addition of a few new-old titles to the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service. Four classics are headed to NSO, all of them Sega Genesis games. You can relive retro experiences in Golden Axe 2, Columns, Alien Storm, and Virtua Fighter 2, or try them out for the first time, available now on the service.

I have these same games emulated on numerous devices, lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have these same games emulated on numerous devices, lol.
I'm a member of nso expansion pack, because I'm an idiot, but it's mostly for n64. at the last boss in oot, and I cou6beat his second form. I'm at the second star piece in the pyramid in paper mario. and. I'm looking forward to yoshi's story as well, since I've never played. I went with Playstation when I was a kid, even though I grew up with Nintendo.

Reactions: urbanman2004

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a member of nso expansion pack, because I'm an idiot, but it's mostly for n64. at the last boss in oot, and I cou6beat his second form. I'm at the second star piece in the pyramid in paper mario. and. I'm looking forward to yoshi's story as well, since I've never played. I went with Playstation when I was a kid, even though I grew up with Nintendo.
Well, not to brag, but as a kid, I owned both PS1 and N64, however, N64 came first. I refuse to pay for outdated games that I can get for free. And to take it a step further, Nintendo didn't even give a d@mn a/b their IP's from their discontinued consoles until the Nintendo Classic became a thing which was when I noticed their tirade against ROM sites started happening.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not to brag, but as a kid, I owned both PS1 and N64, however, N64 came first. I refuse to pay for outdated games that I can get for free. And to take it a step further, Nintendo didn't even give a d@mn a/b their IP's from their discontinued consoles until the Nintendo Classic became a thing which was when I noticed their tirade against ROM sites started happening.
I wish Nintendo had some sort of achievement system. I like it mostly on the ps5. it's not to brag, but something to keep with you with each subsequent generation, even if they're not bc.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Nintendo had some sort of achievement system. I like it mostly on the ps5. it's not to brag, but something to keep with you with each subsequent generation, even if they're not bc.
I've never been a fan of achievements outside of what predefined goals are required in-game, but I understand the appeal so that omission from NOS wouldn't bother me much, if at all.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't care about them for many years as I played almost nothing on the ps3 or 4. I kinda find them intriguing. the irony is that there are certain people who live for achievements. of those people, some wouldn't even hack their system if it meant not being able to sync trophies, so I kinda think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to ban accounts like sony. it's a difficult pill to swallow to see people on the ps4, with exploited systems, who can't sync trophies, especially if it's recommended to use a dummy account.

Reactions: urbanman2004

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't care about them for many years as I played almost nothing on the ps3 or 4. I kinda find them intriguing. the irony is that there are certain people who live for achievements. of those people, some wouldn't even hack their system if it meant not being able to sync trophies, so I kinda think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to ban accounts like sony. it's a difficult pill to swallow to see people on the ps4, with exploited systems, who can't sync trophies, especially if it's recommended to use a dummy account.
Trophies are great because it’s the most concrete thing you’ll ever get out of your savefile. When all is said and done and your game will fade away from your memory, at least you have something that says that you did it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not shitting on the Genesis it's a great console, but why tf don't they release Saturn and Dreamcast games on NSO instead! That'd be so much better!
Post automatically merged:

Trophies are great because it’s the most concrete thing you’ll ever get out of your savefile. When all is said and done and your game will fade away from your memory, at least you have something that says that you did it.
Trophies/Achievements are the best thing out of a save file? I'd say having my own save file whether complete or incomplete is the best thing as it is than a virtual trophy that has zero value.
Post automatically merged:

On PS3/PS4 I turned off the notifications of trophies. Why bother me with that, I just want to enjoy the games! lol

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I don't know, it's a video game gamification, makes no sense IMO. It would make sense on the social aspect, to tell the world you are a good gamer (sort of what tiktok likes mean or whatever), but as nobody reads other people's trophy info, it makes no sense on the social aspect either.

Back when I was a kid, many games were ports from arcade so there was high score systems everywhere on home consoles. IMO trophy system is just like score system on a home console, a system that tells nothing to nobody.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know, it's a video game gamification, makes no sense IMO. It would make sense on the social aspect, to tell the world you are a good gamer (sort of what tiktok likes mean or whatever), but as nobody reads other people's trophy info, it makes no sense on the social aspect either.

Back when I was a kid, many games were ports from arcade so there was high score systems everywhere on home consoles. IMO trophy system is just like score system on a home console, a system that tells nothing to nobody.
Because it stays in your profile. It feels more real than something that will only stay in the game you’re playing. Doesn’t matter if it’s private or public.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it stays in your profile. It feels more real than something that will only stay in the game you’re playing. Doesn’t matter if it’s private or public.
Seems like you give trophies/achievements too much credit for what it is.

Yes, it stays in a person's profile, but so what? I see I have trophies (PS3/PS4) and achievements (Xbox 360) but I never really cared for it. It doesn't actually give any real life value whatsoever or anything, it's just bragging rights if you're into that.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
It's cool to have the badges and stuff, but I would trade any ultra elaborated trophy system for an extra game on the service, any game

Not that I see value on those subscriptions to begin with, but a video game, any one, is more fun than a thophy in .png format.

In the end it's just an opinion of mine, I learned few months ago about a quite big community that put achievements on emulators, and probably they are having lots of fun with it.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*