Hacking Question Nintendo Switch on 2.0.0 without SD-update

Radlust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You guys reckon we need this for the future homebrew-exploit?

If so, I'm wondering if this is a separate download, or if I update, I'll end up on the latest firmware aswell?

khara02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys reckon we need this for the future homebrew-exploit?

If so, I'm wondering if this is a separate download, or if I update, I'll end up on the latest firmware aswell?
I suppose that you're talking about the update to install the exFAT driver to use sdxc cards for switch and as far as I know, it comes with with the latest firmware updates. a pair of a set.

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we don't know what entrypoint(s) will require what, as of right now the browser is disabled in 1.0.0 as is SDXC card reading, what i'm doing (with my 1.0.0 switch) is just keeping it in my closet and purchasing a gamecart of arms or spla2n (or whatever has a 2.x FW on it) and waiting

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Why is everyone talking about homebrew. No. No. Just no.

Nothing has been released, and I wouldn’t expect anything big in the near future.

I agree. Im going to keep updating. When the time comes that there is homebrew ill get a second switch for it if i really want to mess with it. There will be future exploits.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Im going to keep updating. When the time comes that there is homebrew ill get a second switch for it if i really want to mess with it. There will be future exploits.
If you wait till the future you won't be able to get a switch with 3.0 or lower firmware for homebrew if it is locked to 3.0 at first (which it likely will be).

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't wait too long.. all switches in the market are update from 2.0 - 2.3.. won't be long before its higher than 3.0

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure the magnet being used is strong enough and in the right location? If it is booting then that means the lid sensor isn't being triggered (except for n3ds xl). Unsure if the n3ds xl exception also affects the n3ds (if the power button is accessible with the lid closed it will power on with the lid closed).
The likely chance is that either the magnet is not strong enough, not in the right spot or both of those.
???

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure the magnet being used is strong enough and in the right location? If it is booting then that means the lid sensor isn't being triggered (except for n3ds xl). Unsure if the n3ds xl exception also affects the n3ds (if the power button is accessible with the lid closed it will power on with the lid closed).
The likely chance is that either the magnet is not strong enough, not in the right spot or both of those.
Wrong thread

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

kevman323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the situation for SD cards?

1. You need the update to use any SD cards.
2. You need the update only to use SD cards over a certain size. (64GB?)
3. You need the update only to Format SD cards.

I haven't seen a concise answer on this issue. If the reality is option 1, a lot of people might be screwed in the future.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the situation for SD cards?

1. You need the update to use any SD cards.
2. You need the update only to use SD cards over a certain size. (64GB?)
3. You need the update only to Format SD cards.

I haven't seen a concise answer on this issue. If the reality is option 1, a lot of people might be screwed in the future.

The Nintendo Switch supports microsdhc out of the box. So microsd cards 4GB-32GB will work. Presumably cards <4GB should work as the microsdhc standard is backwards compatible, kind of like how USB 1.x devices still work on USB 3.x.

Regarding microsdxc support (cards >32GB), the Switch needs a special update to add microsdxc support to the console.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep it on 2.00 or update to at most 3.0 if that is possible. There is a publicly known exploit for firmware 3.0 and below. Nothing has been made for it yet but SMHax for the switch is real and it does give pretty much complete control of the system. Was fixed in 3.01 and on though so if you update kiss any hope of a full blown jailbreak goodbye at least until some other exploit surfaces.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.