Hardware Nintendo Switch meltdown....?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@The Real Jdbye
I have my consoles on a desk, together with my computer, all of this just besides my TV.
If I were to put them in a cabinet I would use an open cabinet, not anything with glass doors, something that lets air flow very easily.
The same as what I would do if they were computers, what they actually are TBH.

Probably a cabinet like this random pictures from a google search:
8a5dd978006f94930c4afca6bbf0ab78.jpg

4b6b0e111662961223d18b4981df76af.jpg

retro-curved-light-oak-lounge-open-media-cabinet-31328-p.jpg

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@The Real Jdbye
I have my consoles on a desk, together with my computer, all of this just besides my TV.
If I were to put them in a cabinet I would use an open cabinet, not anything with glass doors, something that lets air flow very easily.
The same as what I would do if they were computers, what they actually are TBH.

Probably a cabinet like this random pictures from a google search:
8a5dd978006f94930c4afca6bbf0ab78.jpg

4b6b0e111662961223d18b4981df76af.jpg

retro-curved-light-oak-lounge-open-media-cabinet-31328-p.jpg
That's probably a better solution than what I have, as mine has a closed back. It seemed nice and I didn't consider that the closed back might become an issue. But anyway, I'll just have to make do with what I have as I don't have money for buying new furniture right now and transportation would be an issue, plus when I eventually do have a bunch of money left over I have more important things to spend it on.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call bullshit, plain and simple, Switch is made of the same plastics and metals as my PS4 Pro, and there is a shit ton more powered running through that with no warping.. The dock does block parts of the vents and is the worse design for airflow, but after doing 25 hrs of loz docked all it felt was warm, on top of the ma you hours I play handheld while plugged into a charger and its still barely warm..

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call bullshit, plain and simple, Switch is made of the same plastics and metals as my PS4 Pro, and there is a shit ton more powered running through that with no warping.. The dock does block parts of the vents and is the worse design for airflow, but after doing 25 hrs of loz docked all it felt was warm, on top of the ma you hours I play handheld while plugged into a charger and its still barely warm..
how do you call bullshit? because you havent had the issue.

yes its made likely from same materials as the PS4, but compare the size, the PS4 has more room for air to circulate, the switch is a tiny and thin tablet, what room is there between the console board and the casing to allow cool air to move.

think of it this way, how quick would a small room heat up compared to a large room?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing how it's running a Tegra processor, and seeing how it has no power to it what so ever and seeing how the air flow is a direct shot over the heat sink and seeing how there is a pretty big metal plate that take more then just a few extra degree to bend that much.. I call bullshit that's all..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's probably a better solution than what I have, as mine has a closed back. It seemed nice and I didn't consider that the closed back might become an issue. But anyway, I'll just have to make do with what I have as I don't have money for buying new furniture right now and transportation would be an issue, plus when I eventually do have a bunch of money left over I have more important things to spend it on.

Just cut a hole into the back..

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing how it's running a Tegra processor, and seeing how it has no power to it what so ever and seeing how the air flow is a direct shot over the heat sink and seeing how there is a pretty big metal plate that take more then just a few extra degree to bend that much.. I call bullshit that's all..
ok its bullshit, i guess like other issues the fanboys have called bullshit.

i note my switch does get rather hot and its not like i play for a very long time.

i also find the console lacks in charging when docked, you can start with a full battery and it still manages to drain battery when plugged in and docked.

a lot of people in this forum hate to hear the bad news, its not me hating the company with a passion, if credit is due i would give it, but this is by far the worse console ever, no quality at all.

just a cheap nasty console given more hype than its worth just to rake in sales.

for a home console it fucking sucks donkey dick, but if it was just a portable console it would be impressive (if it kept the promise of better games and third party support).

but i know for a fact it wont improve support, nintendo will only focus on its same old games and it is a home console that wont have the support other home consoles get.

so my switch will sit there now doing nothing until the day comes that something is worthy of playing (if its price is not £60).

Last edited by ,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok its bullshit, i guess like other issues the fanboys have called bullshit.

i note my switch does get rather hot and its not like i play for a very long time.

i also find the console lacks in charging when docked, you can start with a full battery and it still manages to drain battery when plugged in and docked.

Well that's sucks for you. Mine charges fully and stays charged, maybe yours is defective, I'll give you 20 bucks for it.. And since when are we talking about fan boys, this is 2017 dude are you lost in the times, it's call opinions, and bro if you don't like my opinion go cry to your momma... My opinion is i call bullshit, I own a ps4 I own a switch I own a stupid ass Xbox 1, I own a 3ds and ps vita I even own a pc so where is the fan boy coming from???

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's sucks for you. Mine charges fully and stays charged, maybe yours is defective, I'll give you 20 bucks for it.. And since when are we talking about fan boys, this is 2017 dude are you lost in the times, it's call opinions, and bro if you don't like my opinion go cry to your momma... My opinion is i call bullshit, I own a ps4 I own a switch I own a stupid ass Xbox 1, I own a 3ds and ps vita I even own a pc so where is the fan boy coming from???
never called you a fanboy so stop reading whats not said.

and yes majority of people (nintendo are worse) who refuse to accept anything negative are what you can call fanboys.

so here is someone with a video causing heat warp, its then your opinion to call it bullshit, just like other people claiming the other faults with the console as bullshit or the users fault and not nintendos?

you dont have the issue, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, its not a matter of opinion when the facts are there.

i only play on average an hour or so if that and my switch gets rather hot, id hate to feel how hot it would get if i played for 3+ hours.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You are a game fanboy! Dont try to fool us sir/madam!

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the switch is getting hot enough to melt the switch.
The system would lock up and power off before any of that happens and the fan would of stop running.
That picture looks like it for stand on and bent.
Ive play my switch in handheld for 3hrs straight and my phone felt a lot warming.
Also pull the switch out the dock after a 4 hr game play and it wasnt even warm.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I love video games I can't help it I just need, need another hour I promise I'll stop but please just one more hour...

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never called you a fanboy so stop reading whats not said.

and yes majority of people (nintendo are worse) who refuse to accept anything negative are what you can call fanboys.

so here is someone with a video causing heat warp, its then your opinion to call it bullshit, just like other people claiming the other faults with the console as bullshit or the users fault and not nintendos?

you dont have the issue, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, its not a matter of opinion when the facts are there.

i only play on average an hour or so if that and my switch gets rather hot, id hate to feel how hot it would get if i played for 3+ hours.

Your just making my head hurt, I can't believe how naive people are, Lookie here birry a video shows the nintenda switch bends from heat so it must be real, cause it's a vidia just like how aliens really showed up in new Yorks and them advenders kicked there butts... Dude just because I call bullshit your all mad, idgaf about Nintendo or user error, I call switch warping from heat bullshit, plain and simple, however yes the broken joycons def Nintendos fault..

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the switch is getting hot enough to melt the switch.
The system would lock up and power off before any of that happens and the fan would of stop running.
That picture looks like it for stand on and bent.
Ive play my switch in handheld for 3hrs straight and my phone felt a lot warming.
Also pull the switch out the dock after a 4 hr game play and it wasnt even warm.
Phones get warm due to them not having a fan or a dedicated area on the case to let it ventilate. It's not a fair comparision with the switch since it does has a fan.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO! Go back to the dungeon and await your punishment!
Setting that aside, something may malfunction in that unit. It happens...

A malfunction is different from people claiming the heat caused it, it had to get really hot to warp metal, not something using it will cause.. Now maybe the battery is bad and bulging causing that plus a massive overheat (fan stopped) to bend ehh maybe..

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just checked my Switch and it appears to be normal.

image.jpg

It's another issue of some faulty Switch units overheating and damaging the case.

You're coming off very immature and childish with that attitude. There are customers who genuinely are having this problem and like most of them, they take really good care of it but it still happened to theirs.

ReviewTechUSA made a video about this matter:

Reactions: s157

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your just making my head hurt, I can't believe how naive people are, Lookie here birry a video shows the nintenda switch bends from heat so it must be real, cause it's a vidia just like how aliens really showed up in new Yorks and them advenders kicked there butts... Dude just because I call bullshit your all mad, idgaf about Nintendo or user error, I call switch warping from heat bullshit, plain and simple, however yes the broken joycons def Nintendos fault..
yet here is you to instantly call it BS, excuse me but there is a word for that.
what facts do you have to defend your claim to bullshit, the console has got heating issues and like anything that is thin it will warp when it gets too hot.

how is that bullshit?

like countless other faults with this console, its fucking piss funny how everyone is like naaa its bullshit, i dont have that problem, hmmm ok

make what ever conclusion you like, end of the day its a console with maultiple users reporting poor faults and to put it blunt it is littered with far too many faults.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Just cut a hole into the back..
Part of me calls bullshit while another part of me worries that it might be a real issue. The only thing I know for sure is that some Switches definitely got bent, and it seems to be more than just people accidentally applying force to it such as by sitting on it, as there have been a few reports already and none of them mention such a thing. This might be an actual issue with a small amount of faulty units, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a widespread one but all of these reports popping up so soon after the Switches launch could mean many more to come. The Note 7 battery issues also started with a few units, but escalated quickly.

I suppose I could do that. I would need the tools for it, and I would probably need to take the back off, and it would look ugly. I actually really like this media cabinet so I don't want to ruin the look of it (and more importantly, I'm lazy :P)
Plus, if I have to take it off anyway, I might as well just leave it off for maximum airflow. It would leave all the wiring visible though, oh well.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet here is you to instantly call it BS, excuse me but there is a word for that.
what facts do you have to defend your claim to bullshit, the console has got heating issues and like anything that is thin it will warp when it gets too hot.

how is that bullshit?

like countless other faults with this console, its fucking piss funny how everyone is like naaa its bullshit, i dont have that problem, hmmm ok

make what ever conclusion you like, end of the day its a console with maultiple users reporting poor faults and to put it blunt it is littered with far too many faults.

Just shut up dude.. Why are you even here.. You don't need facts to have an opinion, do you get that IT'S AN OPINION, IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION, TO EFFEN BAD BRO.. And 3 people saying there shit warped is bullshit, 100,000 people claimed there joy con's were broke not 3 dude, what real facts do you have to support the claim that heat is causing the switch to warp? None exactly it's you opinion that it warps, it's my opinion that the warp is bullshit, if you don't like my opinion then go to another site and gtfo..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."