Hardware Nintendo Switch meltdown....?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried to bend mine and didnt bend, but id say that is worse if a user can manually bend their console, would make it sound even cheaper.

as ive said from the start, its a known problem heat will cause consoles to bend, problem been nintendo making it so thin and small with very few vents and sitting it in a dock its as bad as sitting it in a small compressed box with next to no air or room to vent.
Well, then I can only think of factory defects for the ones that bent.
I really don't believe it would bend because of heat, unless it gets hot enough that you couldn't hold it in your hands, but that is not the case.
Perhaps it is even a cooler/dissipation factory defect, it is quite possible that other Switches get way hotter than mine.

PS: And the X360 really got way hotter than my Switch, it never bent on me but hotter it was.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then I can only think of factory defects for the ones that bent.
I really don't believe it would bend because of heat, unless it gets hot enough that you couldn't hold it in your hands, but that is not the case.
Perhaps it is even a cooler/dissipation factory defect, it is quite possible that other Switches get way hotter than mine.

PS: And the X360 really got way hotter than my Switch, it never bent on me but hotter it was.

maybe a defect, but then again those that had 360 boards warping wasnt getting too hot that you couldnt touch it.

most cases if something is too hot to touch then its a potential fire risk, your hands can withstand quite a high temperature and for it to feel too hot or burn then its close to becoming a fire hazard.

seeing how compact the switch is, i wouldn't (like others have instantly) called it BS, but ive never stated heating issues as part of the problems i hate about the console, because i agree that you cant slate one product for something that another product has..... thats what fanboys do.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the plastic housing quality is so low that even a small amount of heat for a few hours is enough to trigger a reaction on the chemicals. Plastic that gets put in contact with heat for several times usually becomes weak, but that should be happening after years, not a month.

I am really starting to believe on something i saw a while ago about stores getting the Switch for just $180.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really starting to believe on something i saw a while ago about stores getting the Switch for just $180.

i know consoles dont cost the retail price, but im very confident in that the switch costs nintendo nothing near the extortion retail price theyre charging.

its greed, nintendo have marketed this is something truly innovative and why people will blindly hand over £280 for it, yet its nothing innovative at all.

end of the day, its a fucking console, all its bs copied ideas can fuck right off because if it again fails to improve the games it gets (yes i am bored of the same nintendo shit) then this so called innovation means jack shit and jacks left town.

i base my "opinions" on that the same has been repeated since the N64, the cube had very little and since then nintendo consoles sit collecting dust while MS/SONY get the games i want.

i just keep hoping nintendo uphold their promise to bring better third party support, yet never happens and we all know why third parties wont release its next AAA title.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just keep hoping nintendo uphold their promise to bring better third party support, yet never happens and we all know why third parties wont release its next AAA title.
That endless hoping. If they didn't jump in at launch, they aren't going to do it anymore, i would give up on that.
It seems this market will be all PC and PS4 for the next years, which is sad since many japanese games still skip PC.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know consoles dont cost the retail price, but im very confident in that the switch costs nintendo nothing near the extortion retail price theyre charging.

its greed, nintendo have marketed this is something truly innovative and why people will blindly hand over £280 for it, yet its nothing innovative at all.

According to a japanense company, it costs about 257 USD to make. I'd like confirmation from other parties, but this is what we have so far.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-production-cost/

Take it for what you will.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone already did. It is very cool.
I will see if I find the video.
But the temperature next to the GPU was below 50ºC in the worst case scenario.
That is cool. Hot enough to melt chocolate anyway.

PS: Is the switch frame made of chocolate?

Yeah that's super cool for the GPU/CPU. As for the CPU, i'm not surprised as ARM tends to run much cooler than x86, x64 etc. My guess is some units are just defective as well as people improperly storing their units (closed off in a shelf or something while running it as other's has suggested so it doesn't have proper airflow). Well if your console is defective, that's what warranties are for :P

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That endless hoping. If they didn't jump in at launch, they aren't going to do it anymore, i would give up on that.
It seems this market will be all PC and PS4 for the next years, which is sad since many japanese games still skip PC.
i know the pc master race will have a say in the matter, they always do.

but this is where the technology/market of console gaming has evolved, yet nintendo remain in the past slowly catching up.

now why is it so hard for nintendo to release the hardware that is either on par or better than its rivals and still offer its BS gimmicks.

if they did, then there would be no real reason for third parties to be on board.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
please read as i didnt quote you, its OfficialBom calling it instantly as bullshit, also again your lacking ability to read because i never said i had every issue.

moron

Dude. You directly quoted me in your post. It's up there for anyone to see, so don't act like you didn't.
Also, I suggest reading your own post again, and I'll highlight some parts for you:

-snip-
i mean every other fault the console has (minus the inverted screen color) i have on my switch, so yes lets call it bullshit because others dont have the problem.

Nice going calling other people morons, when you are contradicting yourself.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude. You directly quoted me in your post. It's up there for anyone to see, so don't act like you didn't.
Also, I suggest reading your own post again, and I'll highlight some parts for you:

Nice going calling other people morons, when you are contradicting yourself.
but my initial part of calling BS was not you calling it BS, it was the other guy.

maybe i will go back to make sure and screenshot me quoting you first calling you out on calling it bs..... i dont recall and not really arsed but i dont think you was the one calling it BS before that guy.

OK done it, here on Page 4, so again, i was not directing it at you
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-meltdown.466613/page-4

here he is calling it BS like other nintendo fans that are constantly calling faults as BS because they dont like negativity or because they dont have the problem.

Last edited by ,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
but my initial part of calling BS was not you calling it BS, it was the other guy.

maybe i will go back to make sure and screenshot me quoting you first calling you out on calling it bs..... i dont recall and not really arsed but i dont think you was the one calling it BS before that guy.

OK done it, here on Page 4, so again, i was not directing it at you
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-meltdown.466613/page-4

here he is calling it BS like other nintendo fans that are constantly calling faults as BS because they dont like negativity or because they dont have the problem.
Fair enough, but you didn't make it clear in the post quoting me here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-meltdown.466613/page-6#post-7220501

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...