• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,436
  • Replies 78
  • Likes 7
D

Deleted User

OP
"Accessories manufacturer Hori will release a Nintendo Switch headset alongside Splatoon 2 this summer, one of the first of its kind for the console. But illustrated instructions for how the headset will connect to the Switch don’t give owners a ton of confidence about the future of voice chat." - Polygon - goo.gl/nvJv3i
HORI__OFFICIAL_2017-Jun-01.png

Looks really disappointing IMO. Hopefully Nintendo can find a more elegant solution in the future.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of a mess, nintendo intends to sell a switch splatoon 2 bundle where you don't save a single cent.
You even make a worse deal than buying it separately as you don't have a physical copy of splatoon 2 that way, it's laughable.

Update:
They lowered the price by 20 € so there's that.

Last edited by Wuigi,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Thought and read a few things about this. It's by Hori, and it may just be for Japan for all we know. I had gone and checked the inside of the audio port on the Switch, and I saw 4 pins that practically matched what the 3DS had, and that had mic-in support (used 3DS Sound to test).

My thought on this is that it's a means to keep a stable voice chat session when using something like the dock + ethernet adapter. For anyone that has tested, if you undocked in this scenario while playing an online game, you lost your connection because it had to switch from wired to wireless. Wireless is still sketchy with the Switch, and adding voice chat to it may make it sketchier.

All in all, this may simply be an option among multiple options.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Not really sure what would prevent you from just using your PC for voice chat with the switch since the system is portable.
Nothing. Nintendo will end up charging to play online so this is their way about going.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The funny thing is, they messed up on the image, the 'device' that Switch and phone plugs into has an icon for Switch on top and phone on bottom, but they are connected in reverse.

Reactions: Lucifer666

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oh god what the fuck.
to be honest this is one of those things i dislike from the switch , i dont know why it couldnt be easier to just make the switch able to use voice chat without having to use a phone , besides im expecting to be short as fuck and if you are playing docked and you are not close to the dock you are in a problem.
its like buying an expensive version of one of these you can find everywhere:
adaptador_de_2_jacks_3_5_mm_a_plug_3_5_mm_est_reo_o_x1.jpg

Reactions: Subtle Demise

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be using it since I mainly just play local coop or just use discord. But this just shows how many decades behind Nintendo is when it comes to online.

D

Deleted User

OP
Literally the only bad thing about the Switch.... Why do Nintendo struggle when it comes to anything online? Piss poor infrastructure, constant disconnects, incoming paid online service, can only voice chat with people on your friends list so that's fucking pointless. And now THIS god damn mess!

it would work ok with handheld mode, but what about tv mode? And not to mention, what if i get a phone call?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb