Nintendo Switch firmware 18.0.0 has been released

switchhhh.png

It's the first Nintendo Switch firmware update of 2024. Made available as of today is system software version 18.0.0, marking a new milestone. According to the patch notes, not much is brought to the table in this update, which features a new timer option for auto-sleep, and Korean as a supported language for the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls video. Under the hood, however, it looks there there's some substance, as it has broken support for Atmosphere. SciresM says that it'll take a few days to get around to, but expect to see a new Atmosphere update that supports version 18.0.0 in the near future.

Ver. 18.0.0 (Released March 25, 2024)​

• Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
  • Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
    • When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anybody who hasn't heard about the recent news, the sigpatches repo has been taken down due to a harsh DMCA claim by Nintendo. For now, if you're willing to mod your Switch on the latest firmware, do NOT update until new patches are created.

EDIT (03/04/2023):
Atmosphere and Hekake have been updated to support FW 18 with only one exception, that being Fusee will no longer work.
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

Last edited by SylverReZ,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope Mig Switch works fine with the new update.
I'm not surprised. Since the Mig Switch is emulating a gamecart in such a way that its authenticated by valid certificates, might be impossible to block it outright.

I won't update til 20.0.0 comes out :)
It won't be out for a long while. Patience is virtue as they say.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not surprised. Since the Mig Switch is emulating a gamecart in such a way that its authenticated by valid certificates, might be impossible to block it outright.

It won't be out for a long while. Patience is virtue as they say.
Patience is not a vertue. Or "no longer". Being patient today is actually naively thinking anything will change/work out in the right way.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The changelog is a huge list of nothing, as always.
But looking near the bottom of https://switchbrew.org/wiki/18.0.0 shows that another master key (master_key_11) has appeared, although it didn't increase the burnt fuse count, that which can make any new releases using this key may become challenging since the tools that can dump the keys seem to be harder to find after more prominent ones were hit with DMCA anti-circumvention takedown requests.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I told you , the down of the sys-patch and rcm-picklock have a firmware on the next days.

The: "my dog updated my console PLEASE HELP" will be a waterfall tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

Remember when updates used to actually add features? Yeah me neither
but this indeed add two new features (little bit ones but new)

Last edited by impeeza,

scoobydude51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But looking near the bottom of https://switchbrew.org/wiki/18.0.0 shows that another master key (master_key_11) has appeared, although it didn't increase the burnt fuse count, that which can make any new releases using this key may become challenging since the tools that can dump the keys seem to be harder to find after more prominent ones were hit with DMCA anti-circumvention takedown requests.
That seems like the main feature of this update. I knew something was done to break (or make it harder) emulation and modded switches and this further proves it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto