Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.2 released, Atmosphere 1.5.2 update available which adds USB file transfer

banner.png

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How does Haze work?

I've been using FTPD to transfer smaller files, but when it came to larger ones (files that are 1 GB or larger, basically), I've been rebooting to Hekate's Nyx screen, or whatever it's called, so I could remove my microSD card - because otherwise file transfer would be painfully slow.

agpixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for what?
I use backups but for me one the best use case would rather be for the modding community. I can make a 100+gb skyrim modding pack, that is stable and all of that but which is a bit loud for my sd card.
In addition, it is easy to go beyond 1TB without pirating (which is my case because as I said I use backups and I am still obliged to use several sd).
It may be overkill but isn't it also the goal to over upgrade your game console because you are a big kid?
Seriously, hdd support would be insane.

GILLIO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Google darthstein
The site isn't updated yet thats why i asked for an alternative link :)
Post automatically merged:

@GILLIO ,i know where the Sigpatches are, but in OP there are still those for the previous FW.
You can use the sigpatches created for 16.0.0
Post automatically merged:

Google darthstein
I forgot to mention that the update is not availible yet on Darthstein. I was searching for an alternative website.
Anyway thanks for your reply

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick question:
Do I need to update Switch firmware to enable USB file-transfer, or is it enough to just update Atmosphere to 1.5.2?

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haze is a homebrew included on Atmosphere, has nothing related to firmware as far I know.
That's what I was thinking, but it can be that Haze need a function that's included in FW 16.0.2.
I don't know, that why I'm asking :)
I don't update my FW unless it gives me something useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway