Hacking Nintendo switch cfw state?

Earth4Heaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With gambling, they say the house always wins. We have cfw, homebrew, and emunand on all(or most) firmware. Sounds like the perfect time to cash out. A freeshop will guarantee the house takes your winnings. Just my opinion.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, seriously, you're not going to download anything from their servers you don't own. Only thing you have access to is sysupdates. If you try, you'll be instantly banned because you're Switch ID would be forced through the whole authentication process, effectively singing it's death warrant on ANY future server access.

FreeShop isn't possible. Never will be.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cdnx-cdn-downloader.504155/page-3

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes anyone can download them. But downloading stuff from Nintendo's servers using the Switch also notifies Nintendo which Switch downloaded what so they can not only track who is getting what, but they can also immediately ban that person.
so just use the pc to download not a big deal

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just use the pc to download not a big deal
This is where the difference comes between using the eShop on the 3DS and the Switch. On the 3DS, downloading stuff from the eShop made no difference who downloaded it because it never asked for the console's unique certificate. Downloading stuff on the Switch's eShop now requires using your console's unique certificate. So no matter where you are downloading it from, you have to tell Nintendo that this specific Switch is trying to download this piece of software. And since they know which Switch is downloading what, they can ban you at any point they find your the downloads from your Switch are suspicious.

Reactions: Hernie

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where the difference comes between using the eShop on the 3DS and the Switch. On the 3DS, downloading stuff from the eShop made no difference who downloaded it because it never asked for the console's unique certificate. Downloading stuff on the Switch's eShop now requires using your console's unique certificate. So no matter where you are downloading it from, you have to tell Nintendo that this specific Switch is trying to download this piece of software. And since they know which Switch is downloading what, they can ban you at any point they find your the downloads from your Switch are suspicious.

i havent tried it out but OP says there are setting in the tool to aid in anti detection

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent tried it out but OP says there are setting in the tool to aid in anti detection
That's the only way to make FreeShop work on the Switch. The problem comes in that implementation since they know what you are downloading and who is doing it. If someone can figure out, then great.

And for the record, I also never said FreeShop would be impossible. Its just a lot trickier to implement safely.

Reactions: Don Jon

coldbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple things:
1. CFW isn’t out yet
2. Piracy is not allowed to be discussed on this board.
3. If you buy a switch when piracy comes out, you won’t be able to exploit it because it will be the new Mariko versions.

G’day :grog:
Sorry, that's not right.

1. CFW is out but only recommended for developers
2. Piracy is allowed to be discussed but not shared or linked in any way.
3. This depends on the hardware, no need to get too hasty. We don't know what hardware that will be included in this "patched" revision.

G'day to you sir! :yay:

Last edited by coldbat,

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Peolpe saying freeshop is impossible must not be reading much this forum lately. There's already a CND downloader (aka basic freeshop for PC) and I believe it'll be a matter of time (months, years, whatever) until someone implement more secure measures to counter the unique certificate risks (even freeshop on 3ds wasn't 100% safe, ppl got banned). We always read in every scene that "x is impossible" but I wouldn't doubt hackers capabilities.

coldbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, that's not right.

1. CFW is out but only recommended for developers
2. Piracy is allowed to be discussed but not shared or linked in any way.
3. This depends on the hardware, no need to get too hasty. We don't know what hardware will be included in this "patched" revision.

G'day to you sir! :yay:

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To OP:

To everyone: Imo there should be a rule that p****y shouldn't be discussed further when it gets out of hand like this, and yes, I block it out on purpose.

But I LOVE pussy :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm waiting for a backup loader for switch, purely because they have released the same Mario kart I already paid for on wiiU.

That is false, the whole online is different, battle has many modes and all new stages, all DLC, new characters, you can now play grand prix in co-op, new vehicles, new UI, at least 1 new item and overall every single race in every mode is affected by the fact that you can have 2 items, it really feels and plays more like a remaster than a port. (Graphically it has anti aliasing now and a higher resolution). Having old games doesnt entitle you to have every version on any system for free. We don't care if you pirate just don't talk shit.

Reactions: lukhart

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I LOVE pussy :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is false, the whole online is different, battle has many modes and all new stages, all DLC, new characters, you can now play grand prix in co-op, new vehicles, new UI, at least 1 new item and overall every single race in every mode is affected by the fact that you can have 2 items, it really feels and plays more like a remaster than a port. (Graphically it has anti aliasing now and a higher resolution). Having old games doesnt entitle you to have every version on any system for free. We don't care if you pirate just don't talk shit.

I own the WiiU version. My issue is the same Mario kart has been released twice in a row for the first time ever, due to the low sales on WiiU. There had better be new stuff in it if they're releasing it twice. Nintendo should of took the loss and made a new mario kart. And paid online shouldn't happen, stick with tradition and keep it free, free online puts them ahead of xbox and ps in that aspect and nintendo charging for has tarnished their name in my view and many others. Mario kart can Ben played for free online at any time and it should stay that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc