1. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    Then just don't play it on switch. Seemshow you just said portability isn't an added benefit, then you should have no problem just sticking with the wii u version. No need to pirate it. But if you do still want to pirate it, then that just shows you do feel it has value which works against your reasoning to why you should pirate it.

TAUSENN likes this.
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That's fine, its your opinion after all. I don't want to give my opinion since its not going to change the outcome of piracy. Its like a vegan trying to convince everyone else eating meat is wrong. Sure there are some moral reasons why we shouldn't kill animals for sustenance, but there will always be someone eating meat. At the very least, I don't agree with the way he worded his reasoning for piracy because its more so out of spite than other less personal reasons.

3. kai_dranzer2003

kai_dranzer2003 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Pakistan
    you are a pirate :whip:

4. TheCyberQuake

United States
    Honestly I'm fine with piracy. I'm just not okay with trying to justify it with an excuse, especially one that is kind of self-defeating when closely examined.

TAUSENN likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I just want CFW so I don't have to carry around all these cartridges

6. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Italy
    Technically, there is a thing on github that could actually download games directly from the servers. You need to dump your NAND tho. I'm going to try it tomorrow, not I'm installing Linux. Of course you can't install the games yet, but patience is key.

7. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

People freely smoke weed driving down the road with the windows down...freely deal drugs out in the streets....why not admit to pirating? Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. (pirating....or weed....)

-----a and Centergaming like this.
  8. Centergaming
    This message by Centergaming has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 2, 2018.
    Apr 30, 2018
  9. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Do you have a link? I was not aware that this was possible yet

10. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah I got the memo when the 1st 2 ppl replied. I didn't ask for a witch hunt I simply asked what's the motive of labeling yourself a pirate to the public? and what do you gain from it?. Even ppl smoke weed or do drugs in an anonymous manner of the public eye.
    "No one cares b/c we are all behind our keyboards" is probably the legit answer to my own question. I have dirt on my shoes, but I rather keep quiet about it and let others keep guessing.

Last edited by MasterJ360, May 1, 2018
  11. TheCyberQuake

United States
    That only let's you download things you actually own last I checked. It's not like freeshop where you have access to almost everything.

12. mmajunkie77

mmajunkie77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've always wondered if the Switch would see a "Wii U USB Helper-esque" type of program in the future.

13. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    I still remember the thread about the wait for Gateway 3DS v3.0
    Man, that was nuts

14. SwitchHack

SwitchHack GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    So for a Backup Launcher, what would you need?

15. sabykos

sabykos GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    The devs need time and you need patience. With those two ingredients, I'm sure you will get a cfw that serve all your pirate needs.

16. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Italy
    Why do you think that's even possible right now? Be patient.

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    So far with CFW we have this: https://twitter.com/naehrwert
    Not sure what you can do with it right now, but since it's open source it should improve rapidly.

Reecey likes this.
  18. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

That looks pretty much like a bootloader to me also a handy firmware patcher. Hes only just posted this up does anyone know what can be done with it so far or does it relate to the imminent CFW I presume. By the way I see members saying a freeshop will never happen but you do realize this exploit opens the flood gates on the switch to do practically anything a dev wants to do with it so a freeshop is very likely as long as we have nintendo's servers. This exploit will give talented devs the choice to do what they want and show it’s there time to shine, they have probably being waiting for something as big as this for a while now, it has the potential for so many applications to be developed I think you will find the 3ds hacking scene will just be a small snip compared to what you will see happening with the Switch in the near future.

I don’t really support piracy but with this exploit it’s inevitable so you might as well roll with it and enjoy the ride!

Last edited by Reecey, May 1, 2018
  19. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Looks like you can make NAND backups and some other useful dumps with it (that you can already do with other tools that were made)
    So it's only somewhat useful in its current state but it's a necessary first step to CFW anyway.

Reecey likes this.
  20. Crazy-S

Crazy-S Pessimist

Germany
    Am I the only one being excited, that Naehrwert released the Source of Hekate? Hekate has a working sdmmc driver, which was needed in Atmosphére Development, to load CFW binaries from SD. So loading customized "firmwares" should be a lot easier.

Last edited by Crazy-S, May 1, 2018
    Chuardo likes this.
  21. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No, seriously, you're not going to download anything from their servers you don't own. Only thing you have access to is sysupdates. If you try, you'll be instantly banned because you're Switch ID would be forced through the whole authentication process, effectively singing it's death warrant on ANY future server access.

FreeShop isn't possible. Never will be.

TAUSENN likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, switch, state