Hacking Nintendo Switch "Cartridge Backup/Backup Loader" Discussion

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm going to download games that I'm not going to buy anyways, so the developer is not missing sales
Also here in Latin America prices are so high and there's no eshop, so I don't have any other option :)

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Also here in Latin America prices are so high and there's no eshop, so I don't have any other option :)
That's a bullshit excuse and you know it. You could save up and buy the game eventually, get codes online or import games. I endorse piracy by all means, but it's just petty if you have to lie to yourself to justify it. You either pirate or you don't. There is no morale high ground.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's a bullshit excuse and you know it. You could save up and buy the game eventually, get codes online or import games. I endorse piracy by all means, but it's just petty if you have to lie to yourself to justify it. You either pirate or you don't. There is no morale high ground.
I forget to say Nintendo doesn't care about piracy here, so nobody can't stop me
Also, no, if you want the new Pokemon, the new Kirby, the new Smash, the new Metroid and the new Fire Emblem, you can't save for all those things at the same time

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget to say Nintendo doesn't care about piracy here, so nobody can't stop me
Also, no, if you want the new Pokemon, the new Kirby, the new Smash, the new Metroid and the new Fire Emblem, you can't save for all those things at the same time
your third world internet is not fast enough to download games

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People in Latin America pirate because unlike first world countries they can either starve for a few days to buy 1 original video game or buy dozens. Also because it is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to get a pirated copy of anything.

That does not give anyone the excuse to pirate anything, but that also means the industry knows that is a lost market. So they give zero fucks and are not included in their sales predictions anyways. Loses are very insignificant for the industry to care about losing non potential costumers in third world countries.

Last edited by jramirex,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still don't get how this thread is alive. Heck, even the word discussion in the title should be in quotes. Anyways, because of freedom, piracy will always be an inevitability. Its like going vegan, sure eating slaughtering animals for meat and pirating games are immoral, but you cannot realistically enforce morals like those without restricting a person's choices.

I feel like I'm gonna regret that comparison...

D

Deleted-442439

Still don't get how this thread is alive. Heck, even the word discussion in the title should be in quotes. Anyways, because of freedom, piracy will always be an inevitability. Its like going vegan, sure eating slaughtering animals for meat and pirating games are immoral, but you cannot realistically enforce morals like those without restricting a person's choices.

I feel like I'm gonna regret that comparison...

Sooooo this looks like a fun philosophical debate.

You should read John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty".

To sum it up: My freedom stops when it starts to suppress yours. A functioning society requires freedom, but society should restrict a individual's freedom once it has a negative effect on others. It is the only way you can achieve a semi functional balance between the need of the individual and society as a whole.

What morals we base those borders on however is a entire discussion on its own. One could argue that if a individual never intended to purchase a game, there will be no loss in profit, but for every person who does that, there is statistically 3 more that would purchase the game if piracy was not a option.

On the other side of the argument, the majority of pirates are actually young teens or individuals from poorer countries, in this case the price of the games is the issue, so you could argue that the game industry itself is causing this due to inflated pricing.

I could go on lol, but I never really come to a conclusion on this topic.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding me? I practically LIVE for philosophical debates. What I find incredibly ironic is how pro-developer GBATemp as a whole acts. And by developers, obviously I'm referring to those who come up with the hacks, homebrew, and hexadecimal code. Those same people usually loathe the "real" developers that work at Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft making the same games that this community cracks wide apart. Yet, whenever piracy is brought up into the mix, they do a morality shift and start defending them. I realize I'm oversimplifying the process and the same people who detest Nintendo devs aren't the ones who defend them in these types of discussions. But its like people want to claim the moral high-ground whenever they have the chance without regards to their morality when it comes to everything else. You may not pirate games but, for example, getting more change than you're supposed to and not doing anything are equally as bad in principle.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Last edited by DaveLister,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!