Hacking PS1/2 Tonyhax International: Backup Loader For All Japanese, USA, and PAL PS1 Consoles/Early PS2 Consoles + GameShark/Cheat Cart Flasher

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Crazy.
Screenshot from 2023-10-18 20-25-50.png

Meanwhile on PSXDev:
Screenshot from 2023-10-18 20-27-55.png

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.4.3 (10/21/2023)

Changes:

• Added APv1 bypasses (allowing play of said game on non-stealth mod-chip consoles when booted with Tonyhax International) for Dancing Blade Katte ni Momotenshi II: Tears of Eden Japan, Global Force: Shin Sentou Kokka Japan Rev 0, Global Force: Shin Sentou Kokka Japan Rev 1, Global Force: Shin Sentou Kokka Japan Demo, I.Q Final Japan Demo 1, I.Q Final Japan Demo 2, Shiritsu Justice Gakuen: Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2, Konami 80's Arcade Gallery, Lord Of Monsters Japan, Lord Of Monsters Japan Demo, Magical Tetris Challenge featuring Mickey Japan, Metal Gear Solid: Integral Japan, Panekit: Infinitive Crafting Toy Case Japan Rev 0, Pocket MuuMuu Japan, Planet Laika Japan, PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 0, PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 1, Silent Hill Japan Rev 0, Silent Hill Japan Rev 1, Spyro The Dragon Japan, Spyro The Dragon Shokai Genteiban, Tokimeki Memorial Drama Series Vol. 3: Tabidachi no Uta, and Um Jammer Lammy Japan.
  • Beatmania featuring Dreams Come True now works on non-stealth mod-chip consoles as well as unmodified ones.
  • Added an APv2 bypass (allows playing on non-stealth mod-chip consoles and unmodified ones) for Hyper Value 2800: Hyper Pachinko.
  • Faster anti-piracy system activation and parsing for protected titles.
  • PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 0 now always works on unmodified SCPH-1000 and early SCPH-3000 consoles. There is a bug in PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 0 that sometimes even occurs with a real game disc on unmodified hardware due to the supper buggy anti-piracy checks) thanks to the newly introduced anti-piracy bypass for this game.

Reactions: Ripto and zfreeman

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.4.4 (11/15/2023)​

Changes:

• Implemented PS1 Packer decompression technique (massive thanks to nicholas noble for helping to get this to work)! The Tonyhax International now starts much faster and take up significantly less space. The memory card HAX and FF9 loader files now only takes up 2 slots instead of 4!

Ripto

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psx-place.com
XP
Country
United States
I love your project! I use it on PS1 and PS2.
Made a PS2 gamecase too for the PS2 exploit. I was lucky enough to have a copy of FF9.
I gotta order more CD-Rs so I can flash my Gameshark to the latest version.
I also posted on your behalf on PSX-Place.

Attachments

• tonyhaxdvd.jpg
    tonyhaxdvd.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
  • Love
Reactions: alexfree

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.4.5 (11/25/2023)​

Changes:

• Changed toolchain from mips-linux-gnu to mipsel-none-elf. Redone build system. Upgraded to GCC v12.2.0/Binutils v2.40. Better code size/speed optimizations.
  • Made CD_REGS address more correct by using the correct memory region (thanks Nicholas Noble!).
  • There is a bug found in the PS1 mode of the early PS2s models supported by Tonyhax International which causes a number of PS1 games burned to a 80 minute CD-R to not boot. The affected games only boot when burned to 74 minute or 71 minute CD-Rs. This limitation applies to mod-chipped consoles as well using the normal boot process fails to start the game. The PS1 doesn't have this issue and was never effected.
Tonyhax International now can work around this PS2 specific limitation and boot any game burned to 80 minute media just as well as the PS1. Some of the confirmed problematic games that now work as of this update are listed below as examples:

• Kurushi / I.Q: Intelligent Qube
  • MediEvil
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Resident Evil 2 / BioHazard 2
  • MegaMan X4 / RockMan X4
Any games that previously would not boot on PS2s (but did on PS1s) because of this issue now also work. If you have a chipped PS2, you can use the Boot CD to then successfully launch a problematic PS1 game burned to an 80 minute CD-R.

• Love

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.4.6 (12/16/2023)​

Changes:

• Added APv1 bypasses for Panekit: Infinite Crafting Toolbox Japan Rev 1, Silent Hill Japan Rev 2, and Doko Demo Issho Demo 2 Japan.
  • Fixed APv1 bypass for Doko Demo Issho Demo 1 Japan, Doko Demo Issho Japan, Metal Gear Solid Integral Japan Disc 1, and Metal Gear Solid Integral Japan Disc 2.

Reactions: zfreeman

Ripto

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psx-place.com
XP
Country
United States
@alexfree is there any chance you could incorporate GAMEID transmission when reading a disc?
This would allow the Memory Card Pro to switch cards on loading a disc by reading the Game ID. My PS1 would be complete with such an integration!

Reactions: alexfree

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.4.7 (4/8/2024)​

Changes:

• Implemented APv2 and no-swap bypasses for Beat Mania Append GottaMix. Now the anti-piracy detection is disabled, and you can directly boot it from Tonyhax International instead of from an intended Key Disc.
  • Releases now decompress to a folder containing all files, instead of all files loosely without a parent folder.
  • Updated my FreePSXBoot fork to be equivalent to the latest current commit 1976b3cadf1289d92eafd4a7eaf006b29c333c12. This removes any remnants of a BIOS v2.0 limitation with the FreePSXBoot builder.
  • Updated MKPSXISO to the latest current commit 08fa69f61365a3314b98076bfe7b2f37ed9db5d3.
  • Updated the TonyHax International GameShark GENerator (THIGSGEN) to prompt the user to "Press any key to continue..." before exiting on Windows (for a better Drag n' Drop UX without using trash coding practices like system("pause");.
  • Significant clean up of code, and implementation of EzRe build system allowed .deb file creation for Linux i386 and x86_64 platforms. THIGSGEN can now be installed as a system package to Linux systems with proper package manager tracking!
  • Updated loader/insert-tonyhax-crc.sh to use mipsel-none-elf-objcopy, finishing the full transition to the mipsel-none-elf platform tool-chain. Was just an oversight from the previous build system transition...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c